• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Predict your team's *REGULAR SEASON* record.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling and leadership are obviously key and are clearly lacking, but that '09 team had a lot better players on it too. Where are the star players? It's UT for gosh sakes.

Well, last year's team had 5 players drafted and 5 more sign FA contracts so that is 10 players who are currently with NFL teams, so there is talent, just not enough talent at skill positions, mainly our QB and O-line, but eff that b/c our Oline coach is the highest paid in the country so he needs to earn that paycheck this year......

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, last year's team had 5 players drafted and 5 more sign FA contracts so that is 10 players who are currently with NFL teams, so there is talent, just not enough talent at skill positions, mainly our QB and O-line, but eff that b/c our Oline coach is the highest paid in the country so he needs to earn that paycheck this year......
Call me crazy, but pointing to who is no longer on a team is not a very good indicator of how good the people who are left are.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For USC Trojans, my heart says 12-0, but my head says 10-2.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense lays another egg and CS insists on keeping Watson, then I have no problem if he's put on the hot seat after year 2.

yeah, I'd probably be okay with it as well, if it comes to that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Shawn Watson aside, what this team needs desperately is leadership from the players. I was watching "The Season" on the LHN about the '09 season and I forget how Colt's leadership was so key to everything and it wasn't just Colt. The Acho brothers were big time leaders as well. Nobody has stepped up for this team in years to take a leadership role. Swoopes sure as hell is no leader. If there was leadership like we saw w/VY and Colt maybe this team would have a stronger sense of pride and would man up and not get taken to the woodshed at home, maybe with strong leadership this offense could put Watson's God awful play calling aside and win regardless. Somebody needs to step up for this team!!!!!

you are absolutely right.

FWIW, it sounds like this new class, and some of those from last year, have a completely different attitude than the guys of the last 3-4 years: I've read and heard of some fights/words shared in the weight room, with the younger guys not being impressed with the effort of some others.

Let not your heart be troubled, because with Watson or without him, Texas is coming back.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has talent. Maybe not like 2009 but they certainly shouldn't be having another 6 loss season after Strong cleaned house last year of all the malcontents. Put it on the coaching staff if a program like UT doesn't do a lot better this year. Why pay these a-holes millions of dollars if they can't coach people up? Oklahoma is in the same predicament: coaching needs to overcome our weaknesses. If they can't do it, then either get better coaches or stop with the insane contracts.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ordered my Tennessee vs. Bowling Green tickets yesterday. :nod:

I've considered going to it myself sir, I just need the time too

I've taken a lot of vacations this summer as it is, backing me up on my work

But it's rare that Bowling Green gets a neutral site(ok not really but this is all I have for them so go with it!) game against a good power 5 opponent, though they will likely get pummeled.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing mine now.

FSUmanager FSU 8-4. Yeah Dalvin Cook meant that much to the offense.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jwolt92 officially switching my pick

Florida State 0-0
Lack of institutional control will lead to the death penalty and all wins eventually being struck from the record books. Book it. Dalvin Cook and all those other clowns are a disgrace

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are absolutely right.

FWIW, it sounds like this new class, and some of those from last year, have a completely different attitude than the guys of the last 3-4 years: I've read and heard of some fights/words shared in the weight room, with the younger guys not being impressed with the effort of some others.

Let not your heart be troubled, because with Watson or without him, Texas is coming back.

Jefe, believe you me, I would love nothing more than to eat some massive crow if this team wins 10 plus games. This the type of attitude these players need. If true freshmen need to step up and assume that leadership role, so be it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jwolt92 officially switching my pick

Florida State 0-0
Lack of institutional control will lead to the death penalty and all wins eventually being struck from the record books. Book it. Dalvin Cook and all those other clowns are a disgrace

Don't do it...Don't do it...

frNKMDE.gif

Too late. You jumped of into the deep in with no legs.