• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Predict your team's *REGULAR SEASON* record.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Charlie's not capable of attracting/hiring a genius OC?
Methinks you Longhorn steers are stricken with the same malady afflicting M&B. This morose shit's a downer. Snap out of it!

His current OC was fired at CU and NU, and I distinctly remember NU fans jumping up for joy when Pelini finally fired Shawn Watson. Worst OC in the country.....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Jefe Texas 9-3
ElTexan Texas Longhorns 6-6
TexasExes98 - 5-7

Just wondering: if El Tex & Tex Ex predictions turnout to be more accurate than Jefe's - what would the general consensus be regarding Charlie Strong ? ? ?

Hot water. Very hot water if his losses included a 30 point pratfall against Oklahoma.

It's amazing to me, that he's had one year and people are talking hot seat. Even if this year is not great, he has 2016- and he should get another after that.

But the reality is, people wont give him that time. It's a shame, because it's really hard to win with (6) total offensive linemen (and they all sucked last year, some the entire year, and the rest for major parts of the year), and one (1) quarterback last year, and he sucked for a major portion of the year.

Your offense is going to suck with no blocking, and a quarterback who's football decision making is mired in molasses. All of which was not CS's fault.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umichgradfan Michigan 9-3

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His current OC was fired at CU and NU, and I distinctly remember NU fans jumping up for joy when Pelini finally fired Shawn Watson. Worst OC in the country.....

What, you mean Wick isn't calling plays?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoiseStateFan27 Boise State 11-1
Bowling Green 8-4

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO WAY the Longhorns go 9-3 with that schedule unless Major Applewhite shows up in black face for all 12 games. It's ludicrous to think 9-3.
6-6 was a hopeful prediction truth be told. 5-7 is the most accurate prediction.

2. At a place like texas, any Coach should be given 5-6 years before a decision is made in any regard. That's just the only way not to be fair to the coach and team. We don't want to be the Cleveland Browns, do we?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me, that he's had one year and people are talking hot seat. Even if this year is not great, he has 2016- and he should get another after that.

But the reality is, people wont give him that time. It's a shame, because it's really hard to win with (6) total offensive linemen (and they all sucked last year, some the entire year, and the rest for major parts of the year), and one (1) quarterback last year, and he sucked for a major portion of the year.

Your offense is going to suck with no blocking, and a quarterback who's football decision making is mired in molasses. All of which was not CS's fault.

If the offense lays another egg and CS insists on keeping Watson, then I have no problem if he's put on the hot seat after year 2.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pennstatenut/duh/9-3

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the Longsteer fans' assessment of the present state of UTx football, Charlie deserves 4-5 years before judgement is rendered.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-0

And the regular season conference winning streak blossoms to 32...hopefully

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Putting Shawn Watson aside, what this team needs desperately is leadership from the players. I was watching "The Season" on the LHN about the '09 season and I forget how Colt's leadership was so key to everything and it wasn't just Colt. The Acho brothers were big time leaders as well. Nobody has stepped up for this team in years to take a leadership role. Swoopes sure as hell is no leader. If there was leadership like we saw w/VY and Colt maybe this team would have a stronger sense of pride and would man up and not get taken to the woodshed at home, maybe with strong leadership this offense could put Watson's God awful play calling aside and win regardless. Somebody needs to step up for this team!!!!!

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Shawn Watson aside, what this team needs desperately is leadership from the players. I was watching "The Season" on the LHN about the '09 season and I forget how Colt's leadership was so key to everything and it wasn't just Colt. The Acho brothers were big time leaders as well. Nobody has stepped up for this team in years to take a leadership role. Swoopes sure as hell is no leader. If there was leadership like we saw w/VY and Colt maybe this team would have a stronger sense of pride and would man up and not get taken to the woodshed at home, maybe with strong leadership this offense could put Watson's God awful play calling aside and win regardless. Somebody needs to step up for this team!!!!!

Play calling and leadership are obviously key and are clearly lacking, but that '09 team had a lot better players on it too. Where are the star players? It's UT for gosh sakes.