• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 OPENING SEASON HOME SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team goes 82-82 Banister better get a some sort of award.

I believe it's called Manager-of-the-Year, and if he didn't win it the other guy better have gone 132-30, or some such craziness.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am entirely joking, but hey if Texas wins today they could be in sole possession of first place.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a good laugh at all of the crawler / mitch jokes. Regrettably, I've not been able to respond to them. I've had a sinus infection lately and been busy with some stuff. Think I'm ready for some baseball today tho!

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he needs to be resting but I don't believe it anyway. Maybe the knee still troubling tho.
I had heard from a media member on the radio who had been in the locker room that Elvis has kept one of his hamstrings wrapped up for about a week. How much it affects him I don't know.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a good laugh at all of the crawler / mitch jokes. Regrettably, I've not been able to respond to them. I've had a sinus infection lately and been busy with some stuff. Think I'm ready for some baseball today tho!
Hoping you feel better today. :thumb:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you're a good sport about it. :suds:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard from a media member on the radio who had been in the locker room that Elvis has kept one of his hamstrings wrapped up for about a week. How much it affects him I don't know.

Could be affecting him a lot at the plate.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow manage to win more than 75 games Banister should be considered for an award.

Unfortunately, we are about 2-3 key injuries away from being close to what we were last year. Let's hope that doesn't happen. We are definitely due for some good news on the injury front so who knows maybe Holland, Perez, and Harrison all make it back sometime in July.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow manage to win more than 75 games Banister should be considered for an award.

Unfortunately, we are about 2-3 key injuries away from being close to what we were last year. Let's hope that doesn't happen. We are definitely due for some good news on the injury front so who knows maybe Holland, Perez, and Harrison all make it back sometime in July.
Hope so Bennie but a little doubtful about Harry

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Elvis wants to be something he is not. A leader. To be a leader you must learn to follow and IMO he would never follow MY because he already sees himself as a Beltre jr.

When MY was traded it left the team w/out the visible team leader. Hamilton and Napoli left that offseason. AB was leading quietly but my sense was he didn't push it. EA was still junior ... only 23. While Elvis didn't then and still hasn't taken a leadership role ... the guy who really failed to pick up the role in my opinion was Kinsler who was 30.

Kinsler was so invested in MY that he took personally all the dialog between MY and the FO that had gone on for several seasons as MY moved around the lineup and with his departure my impression is that Kinsler checked off the net. All his buddies were gone and he was all alone.

So while we talk about Elvis not stepping up to be the leader and playing to AB's caliber of defense and MY's caliber of offense ... Kinsler is the guy who really showed up as being immature and who needed to go.

Elvis has an opportunity to raise his game so others look up to him like they look up to Beltre. We will see.

Thank goodness Odor is well centered and comes across as the more serious and focused. We should be glad for that. Maybe at 21 Odor is the next leader along with Prince once Beltre is gone.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so Bennie but a little doubtful about Harry
Me too, but hey we are definitely due for something unlikely to happen that is positive for a change.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be a bit premature to say Elvis won't follow. Like I mentioned last night, I do remember Pudge taking Elvis aside and giving him some advice a couple of years ago and Elvis followed Pudge's advice and it showed up in his performance. I do think Elvis wants to be a leader and that is why I think he would follow MY or Pudge and listen to them. One problem has been that two of those in leadership, Wash and Magadan, are questionable leaders when it comes to giving batting advice.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad when I trust Odor to produce in a big situation over Elvis. Elvis was one you could trust when he was younger. He used to be really good with RISP. I don't know what happened...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday at the Masters. Here is hoping Jordan Spieth can keep it together for one more round. If not him, then anyone but Phil I say!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember 2010? TEX started out W - L - L - W - L - W .... 3W - 3L. Same place we are today. That team went to the World Series.

That team had a red hot Nelson Cruz, an out of nowhere Vlad, and a crazy unstoppable Josh Hamilton to keep them going. If Cruz had stayed healthy that year he would have won the MVP over Hamilton.

Kinsler was also outstanding that year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday at the Masters. Here is hoping Jordan Spieth can keep it together for one more round. If not him, then anyone but Phil I say!

I am pulling for Spieth as well but for me it is anyone but Tiger.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pulling for Spieth as well but for me it is anyone but Tiger.

Tiger hasn't won the Masters in a decade. If he were to pull that off I would be pretty impressed. Dude has been written off by a lot of people.

I think it's great that he and Rory are paired together today.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be a bit premature to say Elvis won't follow. Like I mentioned last night, I do remember Pudge taking Elvis aside and giving him some advice a couple of years ago and Elvis followed Pudge's advice and it showed up in his performance. I do think Elvis wants to be a leader and that is why I think he would follow MY or Pudge and listen to them. One problem has been that two of those in leadership, Wash and Magadan, are questionable leaders when it comes to giving batting advice.
He should not require continuous tutoring. He should have gotten it under Adrian and Pudge as far as leadership if that's what he wants. Hitting instructions from MY might help but after Wash's brainwashing, not sure if he will ever be what we would like to see as a leader or hitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.