• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 OPENING SEASON HOME SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as there is any hope, and he's not standing in the way of someone else's progress, the Rangers may hang onto him for as long as they can.

Of course if we deem he is a "lost cause" so be it. But he's a power pitcher, and still only 22. And the last thing we want to see is to give up on him, and then a few years down the road have him crop up with another franchise with a splash.

Am sure those are their thoughts. This is his third time at Frisco. Saw him in his first game of 2013. Looked it up ... lasted 2.2, gave up 7ER including 5BB. Was the first game where he lost all control of his pitches.

Need to get him past their first outing fear to see if he settles down. Was not the ideal guy to call on for a RP appearance on Opening Night in Frisco. A AA RP isn't blocking anyone. Yet.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 Most Talented Minor League Teams - BaseballAmerica.com

Our Frisco RoughRiders are the 4th most talented minor league team in the nation according to Baseball America.

4. FRISCO ROUGHRIDERS

Affiliation: Rangers

League: Double-A Texas

Top 100 Prospects: 3B Joey Gallo (No. 6), RHP Jake Thompson (No. 43), C Jorge Alfaro (No. 67), OF Nomar Mazara (No. 87).

Top 30 Prospects: Gallo (No. 1), Thompson (No. 2), Alfaro (No. 3), Mazara (No. 4), OF Nick Williams (No. 5), RHP Alec Asher (No. 13), LHP Andrew Faulkner (No. 20), RHP Jose LeClerc (No. 21).

The Skinny: Joey Gallo is on the disabled list after ankle surgery that should sideline him for three or four weeks. Once he returns, the Rangers will have their top five prospects on one roster, led by the player with the best raw power in the minors. As an added bonus, three of the four Top 100 Prospects are position players, so anyone making a trip to see Frisco can expect to see most of these prospects day in and day out.

Good..they are just up the street from me. Dr. Pepper Ballpark is a good place to see a game.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to cut out while we were ahead 8-0 yesterday. Our daughter-in-law was due with our first grandbaby on May 19 had very high blood pressure and was put in the hospital and had a C-section last night so we have a grandson. All seems to be doing really well. So a good day overall.
Congratulations. Glad everything worked out. Our first grandchild is due in December.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations. Glad everything worked out. Our first grandchild is due in December.
We have 12 grands and 4 great grands so you guys respect your elders. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good piece. As understated as Davis is.

I like the comment ... "Try to smile today. It will be ok."

Good advice.

(Glad Brad Townsend got the story ... and not EG)
I guess they agreed beforehand that there would be no specific budgetary questions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round Rock won 2-0 with Renauldo starting and pitching 5. Had 6 K's and 0 BBs. Frisco lost as Alfaro had 2 doubles. Buckel came in and gave up 5 runs in 1 inning. High Desert got kicked 10-4 as Brinson had a HR and Hickory won 5-2. Opening night for all those teams.
Looking forward to seeing that next round of talent develop this year. The Hickory team got 15 strikeouts from their pitchers last night.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are only like 5 games that aren't on FSSW and a few of those are on FOX if I'm not mistaken

Wonder what people do and how they live without cable that are sports fans.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what people do and how they live without cable that are sports fans.

I listen to the radio broadcast via the Net sometimes. Hell, Busby all by himself makes me "literally" leap for the remote to mute our games. Wish I were kidding, but I'm not.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Hitzges had some good things to say about Nick Martinez this morning. He thinks Nick probably shouldn't be considered our 5th starter. He puts him ahead of Detwiler.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Hitzges had some good things to say about Nick Martinez this morning. He thinks Nick probably shouldn't be considered our 5th starter. He puts him ahead of Detwiler.
Little early I think but have a preliminary idea Norm may be right

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last 7 starts, Martinez hasn't allowed 3 runs in any one game, with 10 walks and 25 Ks, while averaging 6 innings. Doesn't give up the long ball much either.

That ain't so bad at all folks. Solid # 4 starter type.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last 7 starts, Martinez hasn't allowed 3 runs in any one game, with 10 walks and 25 Ks, while averaging 6 innings. Doesn't give up the long ball much either.

That ain't so bad at all folks. Solid # 4 starter type.
He has plenty of time to grow as a pitcher also. A year ago I think the most we could have hoped for was for a guy like Martinez to simply be a placeholder until guys like Chi Chi and Jackson and eventually Thompson got here. Now it looks like those guys will have to battle Nick for a spot.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has plenty of time to grow as a pitcher also. A year ago I think the most we could have hoped for was for a guy like Martinez to simply be a placeholder until guys like Chi Chi and Jackson and eventually Thompson got here. Now it looks like those guys will have to battle Nick for a spot.

Based on results so far, I could agree with this for sure, I'm a big Martinez fan as well, but I also think Detwiler will be a solid pitcher, even if its as a #5

Status
Not open for further replies.