• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me want Konecny again. (behind Barzal of course)

I'm a BIG believer in Hockey Sense or Hockey IQ, so assuming this list has any basis in reality it definitely increases my interest in Barzal, Crouse and Provorov at #7, or Konecky, White and Beauvillier at #29/30 if available.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a couple of player comparables that I have developed over reading about these guys

Barzal - Claude Giroux
Zacha - Alex Ovechkin
Rantanen - Marian Hossa
Provorov - John Carlson
Hanifin - Dan Girardi
Crouse - Brian Boyle
Meier - Bobby Ryan
Werenski - Alex Pietrangelo

At least that's how I see those guys. That's strictly playing style. Asking any of those guys to live up to any of those comparisons is just being mean haha

From what I can tell, one of those guys should be the Flyers pick. Connor can probably be included in that group too, but I don't have a good comparable for him.

In fairness, Crouse - Brian Boyle? Really? :eek: I think a more proper camparison is Rick Nash based on what you're trying to do here. :lol:

Konecny - Zach Parise
Connor - Kyle Turris

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still want Provorov the most but Zacha has bumped up past Werenski on my list of wants.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, Crouse - Brian Boyle? Really? :eek: I think a more proper camparison is Rick Nash based on what you're trying to do here. :lol:

Konecny - Zach Parise
Connor - Kyle Turris

In my expertly unprofessional scouting opinion with 0 views of the kid, I just don't see where the offense comes from. :D

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my expertly unprofessional scouting opinion with 0 views of the kid, I just don't see where the offense comes from. :D
Haha yeah, it's still fun to be armchair GM's...:suds:

Anyway, I'm not pushing Crouse. Still, he averaged .91 PPG. Zacha averaged .92 PPG. And, Crouse did it while only getting to play 11 games with Sam Bennett. Was last year his ceiling, or can he continue to develop? My point from a different post was simply that many players hit their ceilings based mostly on their physical skill-sets. Players with high hockey IQs are able to take their game to a level beyond just their physical skills.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I start analyzing these players and the Flyers current needs I find myself thinking that if you can't get one of NOAH HANIFIN, IVAN PROVOROV or PAVEL ZACHA I feel like it may be better to see what you can get in a trade and move back a few spots to take MIKKO RANTANEN or LAWSON CROUSE who I feel like these final rankings are stating will in fact fall a few spots.

I'll explain my thoughts here even though I think you guys will already have figured them out. We NEED to keep building a prospect pool of blue chip defense men in the hopes that 2 or 3 develop to be our core 3 guys on the back end. I realize that we also need a real legit top tier scoring LW who can bury the puck to help G & Jake. We also need a play making LW for the second line but my feeling is that we need one with a little size as well.

OLIVER KYLINGTON intrigues me and I hope he'll be there at 29 even though that maybe wishful think..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLIVER KYLINGTON intrigues me and I hope he'll be there at 29 even though that maybe wishful think..

I agree. Two players who surprisingly fell at recent drafts just played key roles in winning the Stanley Cup - Brandon Saad and Teuvo Teravainen. Sometimes teams over-think the draft and pass on true talent for questionable reasons. Kylington was very highly rated before the season, and is falling in the rankings due in large part to performance issues that were really injury related.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if the Flyers went off the board and went with Kylington or Konecny. Sure Kylington has some huge question marks, but you can't just look past a great skating, highly skilled defenseman.

Konecny seems like a guys that is just going to add skill and balls to a team. Watch Edmonton take him and have their Mike Richards of the future.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if the Flyers went off the board and went with Kylington or Konecny. Sure Kylington has some huge question marks, but you can't just look past a great skating, highly skilled defenseman.

Konecny seems like a guys that is just going to add skill and balls to a team. Watch Edmonton take him and have their Mike Richards of the future.

I don't think they'll go Kylington that high, but I do bet he goes top 15, even though most rankings have him in the 25-30 range. His position and skillset will demand getting drafted higher I think.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll go Kylington that high, but I do bet he goes top 15, even though most rankings have him in the 25-30 range. His position and skillset will demand getting drafted higher I think.

Yeah I don't expect him to be our pick. The Flyers seem to be going with smarter, more complete players even at the cost of some ability. (Not saying that is a bad thing) For every team that has him pegged as a 2nd rounder I am sure there are a few that have Kylington in the teens. Look at Ho-Sang last year. All skill, talks of dropping into the 2nd or 3rd, and the Islanders trade into the 1st to take him.

On the other hand I really could see us going off the board for Konecny. I don't expect it but it wouldn't shock me. Still have a gut feeling we want Crouse

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't expect him to be our pick. The Flyers seem to be going with smarter, more complete players even at the cost of some ability. (Not saying that is a bad thing) For every team that has him pegged as a 2nd rounder I am sure there are a few that have Kylington in the teens. Look at Ho-Sang last year. All skill, talks of dropping into the 2nd or 3rd, and the Islanders trade into the 1st to take him.

On the other hand I really could see us going off the board for Konecny. I don't expect it but it wouldn't shock me. Still have a gut feeling we want Crouse

my gut says Zacha or Provorov. but I think there's a decent chance both of those guys are gone along with the big 2 (McDavid/Eichel) and still sizable 2 (Marner/Strome). That would make Hanifin available at 7 though.

Starting to wonder if Strome falls to the Flyers though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my gut says Zacha or Provorov. but I think there's a decent chance both of those guys are gone along with the big 2 (McDavid/Eichel) and still sizable 2 (Marner/Strome). That would make Hanifin available at 7 though.

I think the Flyers are in a win win honestly - someone really good will either be there at seven or will have dropped from 3-6 down to seven because someone went a bit off the board - it's really a crapshoot where some of these guys are going

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers are in a win win honestly - someone really good will either be there at seven or will have dropped from 3-6 down to seven because someone went a bit off the board - it's really a crapshoot where some of these guys are going

It is. Early on I thought it was a given that McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Marner, and Strome would all be gone. Now, I'm not so sure of that. Seems to be a lot of hype around Provorov, Barzal, and Zacha lately. If any of those guys slide up, someone slides down to the Flyers.

Either way, 2 of those 8 are going to be available at 7.

Man, I can't wait until next Friday.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you're right. Zacha and Provorov are my top 2 "realistic" picks.

If Strome fell to us I'd take him and probably happy about it but the guy does worry me a bit. From what I understand he just completely fell off when Erie lost in the playoffs. There's clearly a reason why he is considered to be one of the top 5, and I'd love to add a high potential center to our pool, but Strome really does scare me about being a major disappointment. You do have to take him if he falls...right?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember which mock I saw recently, but the guy has us taking Werenski instead of Provorov? I think it's awaz that likes werenski? Sorry if I didn't spell his name correctly. Hopefully you who I am referring to.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. Zacha and Provorov are my top 2 "realistic" picks.

If Strome fell to us I'd take him and probably happy about it but the guy does worry me a bit. From what I understand he just completely fell off when Erie lost in the playoffs. There's clearly a reason why he is considered to be one of the top 5, and I'd love to add a high potential center to our pool, but Strome really does scare me about being a major disappointment. You do have to take him if he falls...right?

I think they would take him, but there's always the potential to trade back(awaz mentioned trading with Boston to get 13 and 37, which I wouldn't do but I understood the line of thinking) - I wouldn't mind the Flyers using that pick if they don't like any of the players still available at 7(which would be slim) and maybe using it as trade bait for ROR or even Dougie Hamilton - it would be much riskier using it on ROR with his one year left though

You think the Flyers could move 7 and 29 to get Dougie Hamilton? That would give Boston three first rounders and the Flyers would get a young d-man that will get even better - I'm not sure how you guys feel about him though and whether it would take more to get him(I'm thinking it would take more since Boston is kinda short in that department)