• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hanifin and Provorov are pretty close. And I expect at least one of them to be available. Been reading a lot about how other teams' fans think they'll draft today (not interested in working). From what I can tell, Phoenix and maybe Carolina are really the only two ahead of the Flyers that could be looking at d-men. So that means one of them will be available, or Strome or Marner will be available. That's a no lose situation for the Flyers IMO.

The Flyers' comments on Crouse and Rantanen sounded more like sales jobs than expressions of true interest. Assuming the top 5 go as expected, I think the Flyers will be deciding between Barzal, Provorov, Werenski and Zacha.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers' comments on Crouse and Rantanen sounded more like sales jobs than expressions of true interest. Assuming the top 5 go as expected, I think the Flyers will be deciding between Barzal, Provorov, Werenski and Zacha.

I sure hope so. Zacha least of the bunch, but I could take any of those guys.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. Zacha least of the bunch, but I could take any of those guys.
I'm not pushing Zacha, it just sounds like their interest in him is legit. But, after doing their due diligence he might fall a lot father down the list. I've read a lot about his coasting defensively...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pushing Zacha, it just sounds like their interest in him is legit. But, after doing their due diligence he might fall a lot father down the list. I've read a lot about his coasting defensively...

Yep, at this point I don't think there's any more I can learn about the draft haha. Which is unfortunate because it's still 3 weeks away. I need something to pass the time! On top of that, all this research is probably for naught when the Flyers are just going to draft Jimmy Smalling, the little known late rising cousin of Travis Sanheim. Then we'll all scramble to research who the hell that is and if it's a good pick or not.

(p.s.a - I made up Jimmy Smalling. As far as I know, he currently does not exist)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, at this point I don't think there's any more I can learn about the draft haha. Which is unfortunate because it's still 3 weeks away. I need something to pass the time! On top of that, all this research is probably for naught when the Flyers are just going to draft Jimmy Smalling, the little known late rising cousin of Travis Sanheim. Then we'll all scramble to research who the hell that is and if it's a good pick or not.

(p.s.a - I made up Jimmy Smalling. As far as I know, he currently does not exist)

If the d-man is there, I think the Flyers will take him - even though we all might think the current crop of young d-men will eventually pan out, there's no guarantee and it seems like whichever d-man is at seven, should definitely pan out

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited with the thought of taking a defenseman. Watching Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson makes you realize just how vital top defenders are. Keep loading up on the backend and sell off any excess defenders for a premium if/when we run into cap or roster issues

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited with the thought of taking a defenseman. Watching Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson makes you realize just how vital top defenders are. Keep loading up on the backend and sell off any excess defenders for a premium if/when we run into cap or roster issues

Agreed

Can never have enough d-men

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a solid D corps you are always in games and it's not like they are weak on forward either...will be excited no matter which way they go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a solid D corps you are always in games and it's not like they are weak on forward either...will be excited no matter which way they go.

This is important to remember. Yes dmen are more important right now, and yes having 3 like the hawks have is huge for them. But let's not forget they have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Saad, Richards, and Vermette up front. The Hawks are freakin loaded, on defense and at forward.

I'm cool with drafting a dman. I'd probably even be fine with Werenski over some of the forwards that will be available at 7. Forwards are more exciting, but building from the back is important. And like has been stated, there's a very real chance a few of Morin, Sanheim, Ghost, and Haag don't pan out. It looks good right now, but they're a long way from an elite top 4.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always/seems like there are fewer stud dmen vs. forwards available. I still say BPA no matter what the position.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stock up on Dmen and we ever need a forward we will have a surplus of defensemen to trade if needed. This how happy Mase will be with a solid defense in front of him.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, McKenzie's list is the one I put the most stock in, in terms of what is likely to happen at the draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, McKenzie's list is the one I put the most stock in, in terms of what is likely to happen at the draft.

He thinks the top 5 (McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Strome, and Hanifin) will be gone by the time the Flyers pick. Mentioned Provorov or one of he big wingers (Rantanen, Meier) as potentials for the Flyers.

First question he answered in his twitter Q/A after the rankings came out.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that the Flyers trade Streit and our 29 or 30th pick to move up in the 1st round? I'd love for them to get possibly in the 15th spot if possible.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that the Flyers trade Streit and our 29 or 30th pick to move up in the 1st round? I'd love for them to get possibly in the 15th spot if possible.
I few months ago I would have said no but now with so many NHL bodies on the team I think anything is possible.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been on that train for a while - not necessarily packaging him and that pick, because I'd love to have a third first rounder in this draft, but they really need to cash in on him now - there's such a log jam on defense and they could get rid of his contract + get a draft pick

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far and ahead do you guys feel Provorov is to the possible forwards available at 7 if at all? Seems like some view him as the clear cut choice if available. I wouldn't mind Barzal or Zacha myself. Really don't want Crouse or Rantanen who get pegged for us often in mock drafts. A name that is coming up a lot is Kyle Connor. Any chance they take Connor with Provorov, Barzal and Zacha still on the board?