• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing radical here, but my current list:

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Marner
4) Strome
5) Hanifin
6) Barzal
7) Werenski

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about the second pick.. I think know Daniel Sprong would be an interesting pick. Kind of a boom/bust offensive, one dimensional guy. Flyers could use someone focused solely on scoring though imo.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to believe anymore. It is so wide open at #7 that I have no idea who our scouting staff would like.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Marner. They're comparing him to Patrick Kane and that's exactly who we would've been able to pick had we rightfully selected 1st overall in the 2007 draft. Just imagine how the course of history would've changed had we taken Kane 1st instead of picking JvR 2nd.

I think Kane today is arguably the most clutch, elite forward in the entire Nhl.

It's absolutely unreal.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Marner. They're comparing him to Patrick Kane and that's exactly who we would've been able to pick had we rightfully selected 1st overall in the 2007 draft. Just imagine how the course of history would've changed had we taken Kane 1st instead of picking JvR 2nd.

I think Kane today is arguably the most clutch, elite forward in the Nhl. It's unreal.

Eh, Kane has a been a stud in the playoffs in his career, ppg player. But knowing the fan base, he would be ridiculed for his production throughout the season much like Briere was, especially being a #1 overall pick. He has only had one 30 goal season and has been hit with injuries the last 2 years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Kane has a been a stud in the playoffs in his career, ppg player. But knowing the fan base, he would be ridiculed for his production throughout the season much like Briere was, especially being a #1 overall pick. He has only had one 30 goal season and has been hit with injuries the last 2 years.

Yeah, I'm not really buying that. We're talking about a guy who surpassed Bobby Orr to become the youngest player to score a Stanley Cup clinching goal in OT (against us), won the 2013 Conn Smythe Trophy, has 91 points in 93 career playoff games and is currently leading his team in points while potentially on the way to his 3rd Cup.

He has battled injury issues in just the last two seasons and when he got injured this season, he was only leading the Nhl in points...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going forward I pray its a C. We have depth at RW. No good prospect at 7 for LW. If its BPA we should have a shinny new C or Dman.

Yes. Either take the best defenseman at 7 or trade up to 4 or 5 to get Marner if we want to steal him from NJ.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not really buying that. We're talking about a guy who surpassed Bobby Orr to become the youngest player to score a Stanley Cup clinching goal in OT (against us), won the 2013 Conn Smythe Trophy, has 91 points in 93 career playoff games and is currently leading his team in points while potentially on the way to his 3rd Cup.

He has battled injury issues in just the last two seasons and when he got injured this season, he was only leading the Nhl in points...

Yeah, look at the talent around him. Youngest to score a cup clinching goal in OT is kind of an obscure stat. That is rare situation to be in for any player of any age.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, I'm just simply making the comparison of Kane to Briere. Very similar production in regular season and playoffs and Briere was pushed out of town at the end. The fan base is so irrational most of the time that Kane would be scrutinized relentlessly in Philly based on nothing more than his draft status. And once again, the overall talent level between Philly and Chicago is so vast that there is no way to guarantee Kane would produce the way he is with Philly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Kane is 26. Briere is 37. And I seriously doubt we blow up our team following the 2010 playoff run if Kane is on our team instead of theirs. Everything changes.

The 1st winger since Claude Lemieux in '95 to win the Conn Smythe and the 1st number one overall pick to do it since that other Lemieux in '92. Are those stats obscure too?

Chicago is in a much better situation than us at this very minute, but in 2010, we took them to OT of the 6th game. We were pretty damn close.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, look at the talent around him. Youngest to score a cup clinching goal in OT is kind of an obscure stat. That is rare situation to be in for any player of any age.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, I'm just simply making the comparison of Kane to Briere. Very similar production in regular season and playoffs and Briere was pushed out of town at the end. The fan base is so irrational most of the time that Kane would be scrutinized relentlessly in Philly based on nothing more than his draft status. And once again, the overall talent level between Philly and Chicago is so vast that there is no way to guarantee Kane would produce the way he is with Philly.

I agree with EVille on this one. I think it's a case of wanting want you don't have. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Kane, but I think the general populous would view him much differently on the roster than off it. There are very few players that escape ridiculous scrutiny in Philly. Hell there are people (professional 'writers' included) saying the Flyers should be looking at trading Giroux. The Flyers haven't had a more complete player since Primeau, and I think Giroux is more offensively talented than Primeau ever was.

I think the Kane/Briere comparison is right on. There would be some fans that would love him for his work in the playoffs and not be overly concerned with the regular season, and there would be some fans driving the bus to take him out of town. I'll let you guys guess where I stand on which fans would be considered 'smart' in that case :)

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Kane is 26. Briere is 37. And I seriously doubt we blow up our team following the 2010 playoff run if Kane is on our team instead of theirs. Everything changes.

The 1st winger since Claude Lemieux in '95 to win the Conn Smythe and the 1st number one overall pick to do it since that other Lemieux in '92. Are those stats obscure too?

Chicago is in a much better situation than us at this very minute, but in 2010, we took them to OT of the 6th game. We were pretty damn close.

Pretty damn close in 2010? We were shit lucky to be in that position. Remember the goalie situation during that run? Leighton and Bouch, we caught lightning in a bottle. Chicago is much better now and they PAID him. Where are we coming up 7.7 million?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh, even at that time I think the Blackhawks had significantly more talent than the Flyers did. They got that close through guile and heart IMO. The talent was very much on the Hawks' side in that series.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had nice seats at game three. I'm well aware of what the goalie situation was. It's easy to forget that we had probably the deepest team down the middle in the entire Nhl with Briere, Richards, Carter and Giroux. Some guy named Pronger was still patrolling the back end too. They had more talent, but it was closer than you'd think.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Either take the best defenseman at 7 or trade up to 4 or 5 to get Marner if we want to steal him from NJ.
Now that Ray Shero is running the show in NJ, you bet he will try to fleece some other team in a deal for that pick/ w prospects to build up NJ.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, I'm not arguing Kane's abilities. I just think he'd catch a lot of flack from the Philly media and fan base if he were on the Flyers. A lot more than he catches from that same group of people while he's not on the Flyers.

Granted, that's kind of stating the obvious. I'm pretty sure some Philly fans would throw shit on Gretzky if he played for the Flyers in his prime. Probably not tough enough. :rolleyes:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Hanifin
5. Strome
6. Barzal
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen
11. Konecny
12. Merkley
13. Connor
14. Svechnikov
15. Zboril
16. Sprong
17. Crouse
18. Bittner
19. Zacha
20. Kylington

I think is my top 20 'wants'. Based on what the Flyers have and what I think would make a good pick.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2010 Flyers were a great team. We had everything except a healthy Emery. That being said, the 2010 Blackhawks were incredible. Bowman correctly abused Toews and Kane's ELCs. Obviously he had to blow it up that summer, but the Cup makes it worth it. That team had Brouwer, Ladd, and Versteeg as depth players. Just having one of those guys for depth is very good, let alone all three.

Kane and Giroux would be too good to be true, but there would still be holes. Look at how good Voracek and Giroux were this year, yet we finished bottom 10.

Patrick Kane is probably my favorite player to watch in the league, yet people seem to forget how recently he was still being ridiculed. The summer of 2012 (Possibly 2011, almost positive is was 2012) there were rumors about Kane getting the Tyler Seguin treatment in Chicago. Remember, this is two years after the won the Cup. It isn't like Chicago was still fighting to prove themselves as a true contender. If Kane was a Flyer he very well might have been shipped out with Richards and Carter.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Hanifin
5. Strome
6. Barzal
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen
11. Konecny
12. Merkley
13. Connor
14. Svechnikov
15. Zboril
16. Sprong
17. Crouse
18. Bittner
19. Zacha
20. Kylington

I think is my top 20 'wants'. Based on what the Flyers have and what I think would make a good pick.

Pretty close to how I feel. I like having Konecny that high. If we were to go off the board at #7, I hope it will at least be someone skilled like him.