• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hexy trading away young prospects to move up for a young prospect. Most likely we are picking #7 and mid 20's. As much as we need forwards, it will be real hard to pass on Hanifan, Provorov or Werenski. Marner being there would make it tough but we should go with BPA at 7 and hopefully on of the top LWs is there at the TB pick. Our strongest forward spot is RW with Jake, Simmonds and possibly Schenn, that leave G and Couts at Center and Raffl at LW. Good news is that its a deep draft, bad news is that we gave our 2nd up for MacDonald. We gave our 3rd for Mason but got a 3rd back from San Jose in the McGinn deal. We have 2 4ths.

Round
1 (2)
2 (0)
3 (1)
4 (2)

I have seen mocks where we take Rantanen over Provorov. Most have Provorov available at 7. Rantanen is a RW which is our only forward position of depth. I think it has to be BPA (hopefully Provorov or Marner) LW, C, LW, LW. End with G and or C's!

i think we have a 2nd round pick.. or maybe it's the one dependent on the blackhawks?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we have a 2nd round pick.. or maybe it's the one dependent on the blackhawks?
The site I looked at didn't have the picks from the Black Hawks or the 3rd from TB.
Round
1 (2)
2 (1)
3 (2)
4 (2)

I agree that we take BPA at 7. If its Provorov then we get another young stud dman.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016 pick from the Hawks is conditional. Starts as a 4th. Goes to 3rd if Conference final and 2nd if they play in the Cup. He also has to play 50 % of the post season games. So far he has played in all 3 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2016 pick from the Hawks is conditional. Starts as a 4th. Goes to 3rd if Conference final and 2nd if they play in the Cup. He also has to play 50 % of the post season games. So far he has played in all 3 games.
Lets go Hawks!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Barzal is putting in work at the U18s

Hextall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Doubting it will happen, but I would love to see Hanifin to fall to 7 he or Provorov would be a great pickup. The only thing that concerns me with Marner is his size and if that hampers his game in the NHL. I wouldn't mind Rantanen either, if he manages to fall.

Ithink the 26th pick could be really interesting as deep as this draft is. I am doubting Carlo falls that far but I think there will still be some very good talent available like Kylington, DeBrusk, Sprong etc.... But I am going to go out on a limb and say I would dig it if they took a chance and drafted MacKenzie Blackwood as I am not 100% sold on Stolarz at this point. If by some miracle Travis Konecny fell that far I would want him as I have seen him play in ottawa a handful of times and I think he may be the steal of the draft even if he goes mid first round....

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers really like Hanifin, but don't believe they will be able to grab him at 7...they are going to be aggressive I am told. (and yes I saw the one projection that came out today that says Hanifin could fall to the Flyers at 7...I am not buying it. EVEN if you think Carolina will pass at 5, there is no way on this green earth that Lou Lamoriello would let another potential Scotty Neidermayer slip through his hands....not all the way down the Jersey Turnpike to exit 4 and Philly.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - The Arizona Maple Leaf Shuffle? What will it take to get to #3? Buzzcast 1

If nothing else, it is fun speculation

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers really like Hanifin, but don't believe they will be able to grab him at 7...they are going to be aggressive I am told. (and yes I saw the one projection that came out today that says Hanifin could fall to the Flyers at 7...I am not buying it. EVEN if you think Carolina will pass at 5, there is no way on this green earth that Lou Lamoriello would let another potential Scotty Neidermayer slip through his hands....not all the way down the Jersey Turnpike to exit 4 and Philly.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - The Arizona Maple Leaf Shuffle? What will it take to get to #3? Buzzcast 1

If nothing else, it is fun speculation

I kind of think that's just lazy 'journalism'. It's the typical, Flyers defense sucks, need to draft a d-man, hype.

I would have a hard time believing the Flyers would try to move up for Hanifin. If they try to move up, I would think it would be for a top 6 forward. After G and Voracek, they have 0 bonafide top 6 players or prospects in the system, unless you still think Schenn and/or Couturier can fill that void. IMO, they are 2/3rds of a Stanley Cup winning 3rd line, not a 2nd line. That, to me, is where the biggest organizational hole is.

On defense, Sanhiem and Morin project as potential top pair guys, Ghost projects to be a capable 2nd pair guy with top PP unit skills. Hagg can fill a role. MDZ can fill a role.

Sure one or two of the defense prospects will probably collapse and turn in to a fringe NHL player, but I still think you go forward if you're drafting on organizational depth.

That being said, if the Flyers end up with Hanifin I'm not going to be upset one bit. He seems like a dynamite prospect and BPA is the way to go that high in the draft. I just don't think they'd move up for him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think that's just lazy 'journalism'. It's the typical, Flyers defense sucks, need to draft a d-man, hype.

I would have a hard time believing the Flyers would try to move up for Hanifin. If they try to move up, I would think it would be for a top 6 forward. After G and Voracek, they have 0 bonafide top 6 players or prospects in the system, unless you still think Schenn and/or Couturier can fill that void. IMO, they are 2/3rds of a Stanley Cup winning 3rd line, not a 2nd line. That, to me, is where the biggest organizational hole is.

On defense, Sanhiem and Morin project as potential top pair guys, Ghost projects to be a capable 2nd pair guy with top PP unit skills. Hagg can fill a role. MDZ can fill a role.

Sure one or two of the defense prospects will probably collapse and turn in to a fringe NHL player, but I still think you go forward if you're drafting on organizational depth.

That being said, if the Flyers end up with Hanifin I'm not going to be upset one bit. He seems like a dynamite prospect and BPA is the way to go that high in the draft. I just don't think they'd move up for him.

I wouldn't mind them moving up to get him if what they do then is either keep all the young d-men or move one of them to get that scorer that is needed - I don't think it happens but it's an interesting thought

Or if they don't think they can move their high picks to get a scorer, then they trade up for Noah Hanifin and then move him for a scorer - lots of possibilities

I think the best guess is that they stay at 7, but there are always a lot of rumors as the draft comes closer - but the draft is still a LONG way to go

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the sure things of this draft..

McDavid and Eichel go 1/2, nothing ground breaking. And St
I wouldn't mind them moving up to get him if what they do then is either keep all the young d-men or move one of them to get that scorer that is needed - I don't think it happens but it's an interesting thought

Or if they don't think they can move their high picks to get a scorer, then they trade up for Noah Hanifin and then move him for a scorer - lots of possibilities

I think the best guess is that they stay at 7, but there are always a lot of rumors as the draft comes closer - but the draft is still a LONG way to go

I think if they move up it will be for Strome. Size and skill, projected 2C. I agree though, I think they stay at 7 and go BPA.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see use moving up for Hanifan either. We are better off with 7 and 26 then moving a few spots for 1 player. The cost is too high. Strome may be the last of 3 I would like to see a trade up for.

PS. I think Simmonds is also a bonafide top 6!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see use moving up for Hanifan either. We are better off with 7 and 26 then moving a few spots for 1 player. The cost is too high. Strome may be the last of 3 I would like to see a trade up for.

PS. I think Simmonds is also a bonafide top 6!

Ah my bad! Forgot about simmer! I agree. He's top 6 also.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the bolts/wings.. Hoping for the wings to knock the bolts out for draft pick help. Anyone know for sure how that works? My research is kind of confusing.

I think the 8 teams that lose in the first round are sorted in reverse order of their regular season standings to pick 15-22. But there seems to be something related to division winners picking lower than everyone except the Stanley Cup finalists?

So best case scenario the habs, Rangers, ducks, and blues all lose in the first round also? The bolts have the best record among non-division winners. So their pick will be 22 unless division winners lose in the first round also.

Best case that pick could be 18, if I'm reading the rules right.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the bolts/wings.. Hoping for the wings to knock the bolts out for draft pick help. Anyone know for sure how that works? My research is kind of confusing.

I think the 8 teams that lose in the first round are sorted in reverse order of their regular season standings to pick 15-22. But there seems to be something related to division winners picking lower than everyone except the Stanley Cup finalists?

So best case scenario the habs, Rangers, ducks, and blues all lose in the first round also? The bolts have the best record among non-division winners. So their pick will be 22 unless division winners lose in the first round also.

Best case that pick could be 18, if I'm reading the rules right.

Yeah I've been thinking about that too - the team with the best regular season record that is eliminated in the first round would get the 22nd pick, I would think

If Tampa loses, that's the most likely scenario so hopefully St. Louis falters to Minnesota then it'll be 21, but at that point, it might not matter all that much

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall on the #7 pick:

You’ve said the draft is loaded with forwards. Would you lean towards an offensive player because you have four really good prospects on defense?

"If things are equal there, we will. If there’s a defenseman on the board and a forward and we have them really close, we would probably lean towards the forward. But until the names fall really, you don’t really know. We’ll have our list and we’ll be prepared, and we’ll make a decision at that point. When you look at our prospects we’re a little bit heaver on defense than we are up front."