• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel - obviously the Oilers will do everything in their power to ruin Connor McDavid but Tim Murray's comments make it seem like they're devastated that they're not getting the first pick and if I were Jack Eichel, I'd feel sad because it looks like Buffalo doesn't want him, based on those comments

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel - obviously the Oilers will do everything in their power to ruin Connor McDavid but Tim Murray's comments make it seem like they're devastated that they're not getting the first pick and if I were Jack Eichel, I'd feel sad because it looks like Buffalo doesn't want him, based on those comments
I posted this on the main board, but if Im Edmonton I would trade the pick to Buffalo and get some of their talented farm prospects along with the #2 pick and snag Eichel.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on the main board, but if Im Edmonton I would trade the pick to Buffalo and get some of their talented farm prospects along with the #2 pick and snag Eichel.

Honestly, it might be best for Edmonton to trade down to #2 and add a talented young defenseman like Zadorov or Ristolainen to their roster as compensation, but it would take a lot of balls that we all know Edmonton's front office doesn't have. If they did, they would have already traded one of their skill forwards for defense and depth already. They will continue to add skill forwards and hope their mid-round defensive prospects develop, which they won't, at which point Eberle, Hall, and RNH will already be approaching UFA and their window will be closed before it ever opened.

That organization will view this lottery win as justification for continuing with the direction they are going with people that clearly know nothing about building a team. In essence, I think tonight set the Oilers back another 5 years. Their defense is awful and I'm not that high on Nurse or Klefbom becoming impact defensemen.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go full Lindros if McDavid has any doubts about McDavid.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton should definitely trade down, which of course means they probably won't...lol

What would it take for us to trade up with them?

Both of our first round picks and two prospects?

It would make sense for both of us.

I am reading that the more likely scenario is Hextall packaging our first rounders to pick 3rd or 4th and get Strome or Hanifin.

I don't think there's any pressure. Likely someone we covet will be available at 7 regardless.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton should definitely trade down, which of course means they probably won't...lol

What would it take for us to trade up with them?

Both of our first round picks and two prospects?

It would make sense for both of us.

I am reading that the more likely scenario is Hextall packaging our first rounders to pick 3rd or 4th and get Strome or Hanifin.

I don't think there's any pressure. Likely someone we covet will be available at 7 regardless.

Honestly, if the Flyers were absolutely desperate, I think the fair price would be #7, #23 (or whatever Tampa's pick ends up being), plus Sanheim. Edmonton would give up an elite level player, but get back what could very well end up being an elite level defensive pairing in Sanheim + Provorov/Werenski in addition to a late first that could still be a very good prospect. I don't do it if I'm the Flyers though.

I could see the Flyers trading up to #5 if they want to make sure the Devils don't land one of the top 5 prospects, and Carolina could very easily want to trade down if they want to shore up a lacking defensive stable and Hanifan is gone by 5. Probably #7 + #60 (or wherever Chicago ends up) + #67 could get it done if Carolina was looking at trading down.

The way I see it, there are 8 players I find acceptable to draft at #7, and that's not including Rantonen or Crouse, who some think are both highly regarded by the Canes and Devils. So the Flyers are getting a blue chip prospect regardless. Unless they draft size over skill and take Rantonen or Crouse, which Hextall showed last year is not the way he likes to draft.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if the Flyers were absolutely desperate, I think the fair price would be #7, #23 (or whatever Tampa's pick ends up being), plus Sanheim. Edmonton would give up an elite level player, but get back what could very well end up being an elite level defensive pairing in Sanheim + Provorov/Werenski in addition to a late first that could still be a very good prospect. I don't do it if I'm the Flyers though.

I could see the Flyers trading up to #5 if they want to make sure the Devils don't land one of the top 5 prospects, and Carolina could very easily want to trade down if they want to shore up a lacking defensive stable and Hanifan is gone by 5. Probably #7 + #60 (or wherever Chicago ends up) + #67 could get it done if Carolina was looking at trading down.

The way I see it, there are 8 players I find acceptable to draft at #7, and that's not including Rantonen or Crouse, who some think are both highly regarded by the Canes and Devils. So the Flyers are getting a blue chip prospect regardless. Unless they draft size over skill and take Rantonen or Crouse, which Hextall showed last year is not the way he likes to draft.

The Flyers would be giving up some real good pieces, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody is trading Connor McDavid for anything that isn't a sure thing and then some

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers would be giving up some real good pieces, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody is trading Connor McDavid for anything that isn't a sure thing and then some

We are talking about the Oilers here, so I'm not too certain...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll do 74 shots on draft day if the Devils and/or Canes take rantanen and/or crouse. That would be so fantastic. That would mean provorov, hanifin, marner, or strome would be available. And that would be phenomenal.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do 74 shots on draft day if the Devils and/or Canes take rantanen and/or crouse. That would be so fantastic. That would mean provorov, hanifin, marner, or strome would be available. And that would be phenomenal.

As long as the Flyers don't take Lawson Crouse, I'll be happy enough with whatever they do

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait until the NHL Draft. A lot will happen from now till the evening of the draft for the Flyers IMO. A new coach will be in place. I think somebody will be traded at some point prior or during the draft. My gut is just telling me something big may happen.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait until the NHL Draft. A lot will happen from now till the evening of the draft for the Flyers IMO. A new coach will be in place. I think somebody will be traded at some point prior or during the draft. My gut is just telling me something big may happen.

Calling it right now: Lou Lams shows everyone just how senile he actually has become and trades away another top 10 pick in a package for Phil Kessel, and the Leafs, having already drafted Hanifan, take Crouse because truculence.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hexy trading away young prospects to move up for a young prospect. Most likely we are picking #7 and mid 20's. As much as we need forwards, it will be real hard to pass on Hanifan, Provorov or Werenski. Marner being there would make it tough but we should go with BPA at 7 and hopefully on of the top LWs is there at the TB pick. Our strongest forward spot is RW with Jake, Simmonds and possibly Schenn, that leave G and Couts at Center and Raffl at LW. Good news is that its a deep draft, bad news is that we gave our 2nd up for MacDonald. We gave our 3rd for Mason but got a 3rd back from San Jose in the McGinn deal. We have 2 4ths.

Round
1 (2)
2 (0)
3 (1)
4 (2)

I have seen mocks where we take Rantanen over Provorov. Most have Provorov available at 7. Rantanen is a RW which is our only forward position of depth. I think it has to be BPA (hopefully Provorov or Marner) LW, C, LW, LW. End with G and or C's!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what that link looks like to everyone.. Damien cox's mock draft is what it should be. lots of videos, but an actual article as well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd or 3rd mock I have seem RW Rantanen over Provorov.

I don't think I like that. Provorov is the best player available there, you gotta take him IMO. I think my power rankings would be..

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Strome
4. Marner
5. Hanifin
6. Provorov
7. Barzal
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanifin might fall but I don't think he makes it to us.