• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NHL Mock Draft: McDavid a McOiler

A mock where Hanifan is a Flyer. I guess it could happen and we would be crazy to pass. I also think DeBrusk would be the better pick at 26.

As to the draft order:

• The 14 teams that missed the playoffs during the previous NHL season are awarded the first 14 picks. They draft in order of fewest points to most points, subject to the results of the draft lottery.
  • The Stanley Cup runner-up picks 29th.

• The other two Conference Finalists pick 28th and 27th.
  • Regular-season division winners hold the other lowest positions.
  • Remaining teams draft in order of fewest points to most points from the previous regular season.

With the Blues losing Before the Conference finals they (traded to the Jets) would pick at 26 or 25. I think we currently sit at 25. This only gets worse if TB makes it to the Conference Finals or better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Barzal at 4. That's the first I've seen of him that high. He's probably my more realistic pick at 7.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hanifan falling past NJ.
IMHO, since the Flyers have house money in the TB & Chicago 2nd, why not package them and a prospect to move up. Keep the 7th.

OR

Here's a radical thought. Keep your picks. Only make moves that move you up without trading additional picks or prospects. That means moving roster players. Or a roster player and a pick for a better pick.

Can the TB pick and ?? get you a top 15 pick? Depends on the ??. One of the Schenns or Read should. Laughton and the 23rd might as well (but that goes against the don't trade prospects).

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton and the 23rd might as well (but that goes against the don't trade prospects).

Well, that gets back to having strong player evaluation. The Flyers have seen more of Laughton than anyone else. If they truly believe he can be a strong 2nd/3rd line forward, you probably hold onto him. If they see him as more of a 3rd/4th liner at this point, you move him while his perceived value to other teams is still high. It's all about getting more value in return than you give up. Same reason they'll hold onto Read for now - his current value is low, but his potential future value is still much higher.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this isn't a double post. I read an article that said Dallas may be interested in L. Schenn. Did not, however speculate what round the pick would be.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this isn't a double post. I read an article that said Dallas may be interested in L. Schenn. Did not, however speculate what round the pick would be.

Hmmmmm...I remember Luke Schenn to Dallas rumors from a couple of seasons ago. Are you sure the article is current?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quotes from Pasnatchio on the D:

What a refreshing performance Manning turned in at season’s end when Andrew MacDonald went out of the lineup. He displayed uncanny confidence on the back end playing with Carlo Colaiacovo and chewed up huge minutes, even on the penalty kill, and moved the puck well. Because of his age, it would stunt Manning’s growth to keep him around as a seventh man. He needs to play regularly.

You can’t have a lineup next season that has Schenn, Nicklas Grossmann and Radko Gudas in it because it guarantees two of your three defensive pairs will be extraordinarily slow.

(Nick Schultz), a guy that goalie Steve Mason said was the most consistent defenseman of all.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, it's just based on Pasnatchio stating that L Schenn is a candidate to be moved this summer. No real rumor around it.
If it gets rid of one of the big slow dmen I will personally start as many rumors as it takes.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Connor is an interesting name that noone is talking about. Michigan commit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Connor is an interesting name that noone is talking about. Michigan commit

He's the ushl guy right? I'm always wary of guys coming out of lower leagues. If they're North American, I like them to be out of the chl or ncaa.

Obviously not a great metric to judge a guy, but given my very limited view of prospects, it's something I go by. Lower leagues and/or low point totals scare me in the first round. If they're first round talent, they should be dominating and dominating in the highest leagues.

First round and ESPECIALLY top 10 guys.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the ushl guy right? I'm always wary of guys coming out of lower leagues. If they're North American, I like them to be out of the chl or ncaa.

Obviously not a great metric to judge a guy, but given my very limited view of prospects, it's something I go by. Lower leagues and/or low point totals scare me in the first round. If they're first round talent, they should be dominating and dominating in the highest leagues.

First round and ESPECIALLY top 10 guys.

Interesting that he is an American and not playing on the development team. Not sure what that is about.

I think I'm actually intrigued by him because he is playing in the USHL. Maybe he is getting overlooked because of it. That's just a hunch, Ive never seen him and haven't read much about him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really high on Barzal again today. I think he's the realistic 'right pick'.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stinks that the Lightning are doing so well, diminishes that 2nd first. On the plus side Kimmo is playing a lot for Chicago, so that conditional pick continues to get better (for next year).

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really high on Barzal again today. I think he's the realistic 'right pick'.

Well, if G and Barzal were going to be the long term 1-2 punch at C, with both being righties Hextall would need to make finding a couple of LWs a priority.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stinks that the Lightning are doing so well, diminishes that 2nd first. On the plus side Kimmo is playing a lot for Chicago, so that conditional pick continues to get better (for next year).

He played a personal playoff low 6:57 last night and is in danger of losing his starting spot.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if G and Barzal were going to be the long term 1-2 punch at C, with both being righties Hextall would need to make finding a couple of LWs a priority.
I think it is already!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a personal playoff low 6:57 last night and is in danger of losing his starting spot.
I feel bad for him but im glad we got the draft picks for him. Hope they keep him in the lineup even if he doesn't play much we need him to play in 50% of the games during this run. Lets go Hawks!!!