• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBJ wins. Barring the lottery screwing things up we'll pick 7th

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the lottery to screw things up and have us picking 1st...lol Though there is only a 6.5% chance of that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the lottery to screw things up and have us picking 1st...lol Though there is only a 6.5% chance of that.
The luck has to swing our way eventually:) it's time to bribe Bettman and fix the lottery in our favor. McDavid would look great in orange and black. Btw, he scored 5 goals tonight with the Erie Otters.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luck has to swing our way eventually:) it's time to bribe Bettman and fix the lottery in our favor. McDavid would look great in orange and black. Btw, he scored 5 goals tonight with the Erie Otters.

If the hockey gods at all would like to begin reparations to us for the Pens getting Crosby and so forth, this draft lottery would be the time.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pass out if we win the lottery. I do t even like to think about the possibility of winning just because it gets my hopes up

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NHL Draft Lottery Simulator

I ran the simulator four times and we won it all on the fourth try. I'll take those odds...lol

The Sabres are the only team sitting pretty the way I see it. They can draft no worse than second. Meanwhile, as a result of that previous fact, there is a 66.5% chance that the Coyotes get screwed out of picking second, so I don't like their spot.

We are so overdue to win this though. We have picked first overall just once in our entire history and based on what I could find, that was 1975.

So, I ran the simulator a total of 16 times now and the top two winners are as follows:

Buffalo: 4 wins

Philadelphia: 3 wins

Everyone else: 2 or fewer wins

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 30 simulations, we are tied at the top with Buffalo at 5 wins a piece...lol

I'm ready to just call this an omen. A sure sign of things to come.

You can all thank me when we pull off this miracle.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers have picked 1st overall once, Mel Bridgman. That pick was acquired, though. Never have we been awarded the 1st overall pick

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that would take either 8 or 22 but they don't really want to give much up. They are both the kinds of deals that you would see either going into the draft or on the floor as teams try to shuffle picks.

If Hexy can change both of them into picks that would free up cap space, and NHL room.

I don't think there is a Dman in the draft this year who is NHL ready but that is fine. A year or two on the farm to grow, learn how to be a pro, all good things.

As for the Number 1 pick....if the Sabres get that pick the only way you will get it from them in a trade might require Giroux....and I am not being hyperbolic.

I got a kick out of the Hockeybuzzcast the other day when the Flyers won the lottery simulator and they all joked about them drafting a new checking winger in Connor McDavid...tells you something about the Flyers forward development issues as well.

I want Hexy to go skill and speed. No more goons, no more projects.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skill and speed.

And for the love of God don't move the picks to get rid of contracts you don't like. Im not afraid of that because I don't think hexy would do that. But I just want to put my opinion out there haha.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the lottery?

Saturday at 8 on NBC. They're announcing it just prior to the Rags/Pens game (or during the intermission, can't remember when the game starts)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, here's a more articulate explanation of why I think the lottery will be rigged in favor of either Toronto or Philly:

"NHLPA executive director Don Fehr told agents in a series of meetings last week that next year’s cap would be approximately $68.2 million if the union does not trigger the 5-percent escalator, attendees report. That would represent a decrease from the current $69 million that would cripple successful big market teams.

It is probably is no better than a 50/50 proposition at this point that the players will vote to approve the bump, and it may tilt the other way if playoff revenue takes a hit because of the inclusion of small-market, comparatively small-gate franchises like Winnipeg, Nashville, Calgary, the Islanders and perhaps Ottawa.

Remember, the lower the playoff revenue, the higher the escrow hit becomes for these athletes, who this season stand to lose up to 15 percent of the face-value of their contracts.

The CBA is ambiguous on the escalator issue. It appears as if the NHL and NHLPA could agree on a smaller increase, but it is unclear whether the league unilaterally could trigger the 5-percent bump absent a negotiated agreement. There is the possibility the matter could go to arbitration.

Regardless, the currency issue, which simply was not addressed in any manner during any of the three owners’ lockouts, is going to have a major impact on a significant number of teams this summer and into next season."

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even want to think about McDavid in New Jersey, but if it gets us Marner...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, here's a more articulate explanation of why I think the lottery will be rigged in favor of either Toronto or Philly:

"NHLPA executive director Don Fehr told agents in a series of meetings last week that next year’s cap would be approximately $68.2 million if the union does not trigger the 5-percent escalator, attendees report. That would represent a decrease from the current $69 million that would cripple successful big market teams.

It is probably is no better than a 50/50 proposition at this point that the players will vote to approve the bump, and it may tilt the other way if playoff revenue takes a hit because of the inclusion of small-market, comparatively small-gate franchises like Winnipeg, Nashville, Calgary, the Islanders and perhaps Ottawa.

Remember, the lower the playoff revenue, the higher the escrow hit becomes for these athletes, who this season stand to lose up to 15 percent of the face-value of their contracts.

The CBA is ambiguous on the escalator issue. It appears as if the NHL and NHLPA could agree on a smaller increase, but it is unclear whether the league unilaterally could trigger the 5-percent bump absent a negotiated agreement. There is the possibility the matter could go to arbitration.

Regardless, the currency issue, which simply was not addressed in any manner during any of the three owners’ lockouts, is going to have a major impact on a significant number of teams this summer and into next season."

I definitely wouldn't put it passed them to rig the draft, my only thing is I think they would rig it towards saving franchises more so than empowering big franchises and boosting them to even bigger revenue. It's a risky business decision, that I agree with. But look at where Bettman's focus seems to be. Saving Pittsburgh instead of moving them to Kansas City. Saving Phoenix instead of shipping them to QC, Seattle, or Vegas. I think the only reasons he let the Thrashers go to Winnipeg are because it was the second time Atlanta failed and he couldn't focus on saving Phoenix when Winnipeg was clamoring to get their team back.

In his defense, :puke:, that strategy has worked extremely well in Pittsburgh. They hang on by a thread until Crosby and Malkin arrive, now they're flourishing. The same thing could happen in Phoenix or Buffalo, or NJ for that matter. It worked pretty well in Chicago too, which gets talked about a little less, but weren't they in dire straights shortly before Kane and Toews showed up? Now they're raking in the dough.

Either way, I think the last bit, regarding currency, will eliminate Toronto from the conspiracy. If they rig it for a big market team, it will be a US team I think. Bettman's focus has always been on growing the sport in America and the currency issues Canada is having will only bolster that desire.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even want to think about McDavid in New Jersey, but if it gets us Marner...

yo... Rantanen at 6 is a stretch I think. Though it makes me feel kinda good about my Crouse projection for Carolina a few posts ago. Similar mold.