• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to pull the trigger on this deal....In all seriousness.....I'd even be willing to trade Russell for him in some kind of package deal.....

I don't know about including Russell. I like the kid. I think he's going to be really good and he's only 19, so the Lakers can have him for a long, long time.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to pull the trigger on this deal....In all seriousness.....I'd even be willing to trade Russell for him in some kind of package deal.....

I'd want Russell to play alongside Whiteside. Could be a deadly PnR combo.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade value for Whiteside is probably lower than you'd think at first.. because he has no bird rights. The team that has him at the end of the season doesn't get the normal exception to go over the cap to sign him.

I'd imagine any team acquiring him would be either hoping to agree to an extension at the time of the trade or hopeful he would make a difference in a playoff push / run.

I think the only advantage is that the team that has him can give him slightly higher pay raises. 4.5% vs. 7.5% I believe.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given Whiteside's current $1mil contract, Miami can't get much in return for him unless other players are added. They'd probably want to get rid of at least McRobert's contract. I don't think it's in the Lakers best interests to take on a contract like that given there's no guarantee of resigning Whiteside. Best just to wait until the offseason and try to sign him then.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about including Russell. I like the kid. I think he's going to be really good and he's only 19, so the Lakers can have him for a long, long time.

But, to get a player like Whiteside when we can play Williams and Clarkson at guard? I'd do it. But, as you know I'm not sold on Russell. And I love what Whiteside has shown with the Heat.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the NBA a long time and the only player I remember getting the rare trip-doub was Olajuwon.

Points, rebounds, and blocks. Whiteside is the next one who could get 8-10 of those a season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the NBA a long time and the only player I remember getting the rare trip-doub was Olajuwon.

Points, rebounds, and blocks. Whiteside is the next one who could get 8-10 of those a season.

I'm all for getting Whiteside. But I don't see the point in giving up an asset like Russell when the Lakers can go after him in FA and keep Russell.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee they get him in FA.

There's no guarantee that he stays unless he's willing to do a sign and trade. Because there are no Bird rights, the Lakers can't offer him any more than anyone else.

Dwight left (thankfully) and the Lakers actually had his Bird rights. I'd rather risk not getting him in FA than risk him not resigning and losing Russell too.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee that he stays unless he's willing to do a sign and trade. Because there are no Bird rights, the Lakers can't offer him any more than anyone else.

Dwight left (thankfully) and the Lakers actually had his Bird rights. I'd rather risk not getting him in FA than risk him not resigning and losing Russell too.

I think they could give him slightly higher pay raises, but not an extra year (4yr vs. 5yr).

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but he's had a bit of a vagabond route to the NBA and think he'll re-sign with the team that trades for him. As long as the offer is decent.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he's had a bit of a vagabond route to the NBA and think he'll re-sign with the team that trades for him. As long as the offer is decent.

Might be right about that. Rather not give up Russell though.