• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 first-rounder
Everyone knows the Lakers owe a first-round pick to the Sixers (via the Suns) that is top-3 protected this season and the next. Lesser known is that the Lakers also have another first-round pick riding on whether they keep theirs this year.
The Lakers sent a protected first-round pick to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard that conveys two years after the one they send to Philadelphia. However, league rules prohibit trading picks more than six seasons in the future, so the pick sent to Orlando expires after 2018. And since 2018 is two years after this year's draft, the Lakers can't give the Magic the pick if they keep their own this year. (In that scenario, they instead send Orlando a pair of second-round picks.)
The upshot of all of this is the Lakers can't currently trade their first-round pick outright until 2020, though they could potentially swap picks before then if they get another first-rounder the same year.

WOW--- learns omething new everyday..... thts crazy..... i didnt know picks could EXP?IRE like that....wow- that makes it REALLY important to keep that pick- it basically gets them keeping the other one too....very very intresting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW--- learns omething new everyday..... thts crazy..... i didnt know picks could EXP?IRE like that....wow- that makes it REALLY important to keep that pick- it basically gets them keeping the other one too....very very intresting.

Had no idea about that either. Tank On Lakers. Might take a little of the sting out of the Dwightmare trade. :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers-Mavs coming down to the end.

Tied at 90 with 104 left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers-Mavs coming down to the end.

Tied at 90 with 104 left.

And Dirk won it with a last second shot. :L

Hat to see the Lakers lose like that because a last 2nd win over a better team would help with the confidence. But it was Dirk and I have a ton of respect for him, so it's hard to be too mad.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dirk won it with a last second shot. :L

Hat to see the Lakers lose like that because a last 2nd win over a better team would help with the confidence. But it was Dirk and I have a ton of respect for him, so it's hard to be too mad.

Sweet Lou got screwed on that offensive foul. Barea clearly pulled on Lou's arm.

I really wish Black would get some more run. He's a good roll man for D'Angelo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word at the ESPN insider is the Lakers are trying to acquire Hassan Whiteside at the trade deadline.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word at the ESPN insider is the Lakers are trying to acquire Hassan Whiteside at the trade deadline.

Wouldn't hate that. As long as they don't give up too much. He will be a free agent after the season, so they can have a chance to sign him without giving anything up.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't hate that. As long as they don't give up too much. He will be a free agent after the season, so they can have a chance to sign him without giving anything up.

Yep. Trade Tarik Black and Nick Young? Miami throws in a garbage contract to make the salaries match up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Trade Tarik Black and Nick Young? Miami throws in a garbage contract to make the salaries match up.

Is that the proposal they're talking about on ESPN Insider? If Miami goes for that, that would be awesome for the Lakers. But it would also mean that Wiggy might be right about Riley having lost it. :lol:

Not really sure what would be in it for the Heat. If they think they can't or don't want to re-sign him and want to move him so they at least get something, I would think they could get better than Black and Young. Maybe Black and Clarkson (since D-Wade is getting long in the tooth) and a future draft pick (if the Lakers have any to spare). But I'm not sure that's even enough considering his upside.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade value for Whiteside is probably lower than you'd think at first.. because he has no bird rights. The team that has him at the end of the season doesn't get the normal exception to go over the cap to sign him.

I'd imagine any team acquiring him would be either hoping to agree to an extension at the time of the trade or hopeful he would make a difference in a playoff push / run.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade value for Whiteside is probably lower than you'd think at first.. because he has no bird rights. The team that has him at the end of the season doesn't get the normal exception to go over the cap to sign him.

I'd imagine any team acquiring him would be either hoping to agree to an extension at the time of the trade or hopeful he would make a difference in a playoff push / run.

True. Hadn't thought of that. I'd think they can still get more than Tariq Black and Nick Young though.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the proposal they're talking about on ESPN Insider? If Miami goes for that, that would be awesome for the Lakers. But it would also mean that Wiggy might be right about Riley having lost it. :lol:

Not really sure what would be in it for the Heat. If they think they can't or don't want to re-sign him and want to move him so they at least get something, I would think they could get better than Black and Young. Maybe Black and Clarkson (since D-Wade is getting long in the tooth) and a future draft pick (if the Lakers have any to spare). But I'm not sure that's even enough considering his upside.

No.....that's GM DJ. :pound:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if GM DJ can pull that trade off.....give the man a raise.

I want them to pull the trigger on this deal....In all seriousness.....I'd even be willing to trade Russell for him in some kind of package deal.....