• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have seen indicates the Clippers were asked.

In the end, according to League sources, the NBA gave the Clippers the choice to let McCollum play, Doc Rivers declined.

Trail Blazers' blunder, Doc Rivers' gamesmanship send CJ McCollum to inactive list

If the Clippers were asked and said no, then that's a bitch move by the Clippers, imo. You should want to beat a team at full strength. I'd say the same if it were Byron and the Lakers.

However, end of the day, it's the Blazers own fault for making the mistake in the first place and putting it in the opponents hands. I'll bet their coach looks at the lineup card a lot closer from now on.

I do agree though, that the Clippers shouldn't have been put in that position. If it's a rule, enforce the damn rule or get rid of it. Don't put the opposing team in that position.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers were asked and said no, then that's a bitch move by the Clippers, imo. You should want to beat a team at full strength. I'd say the same if it were Byron and the Lakers.

However, end of the day, it's the Blazers own fault for making the mistake in the first place and putting it in the opponents hands. I'll bet their coach looks at the lineup card a lot closer from now on.

I do agree though, that the Clippers shouldn't have been put in that position. If it's a rule, enforce the damn rule or get rid of it. Don't put the opposing team in that position.

Meh....The Clippers need very win they can get.

I agree that it should be enforced to the letter of the law, not in this gray area.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have come from 27 down to take the lead over the Kings!

Kings now back in front by 1!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings up by 3 with 22 seconds left.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings win by 3.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts Fun game tonight. Why do the Kings get lazy in the 4th? Randle and Clarkson getting too cute with the basketball in crunch time. Fun game none the less.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts Fun game tonight. Why do the Kings get lazy in the 4th? Randle and Clarkson getting too cute with the basketball in crunch time. Fun game none the less.

Well the easy answer is they tanked when Cousins got his 5th foul.

But the correct is "because they're the Kings. It's what they do".

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a lot more fun had they kept cruising, but when Boogie got his 5th foul everything changed. Offense slowed down and the defense got even worse. Then even when he came into the game he couldn't defend like he normally does because of the 5 fouls. Went away from running the offense that got them a huge lead, settling for too many early jump shots. If there is such a thing as a "bad win" this would be it, but I guess I should be used to Lakers/Kings games being close no matter how good or bad one of them is. GG to Lakers fans regardless, this was a game the Kings needed and they got it no matter how ugly it was. Also, Clarkson and Russell look very good, they pretty much carried the Lakers back into this one with some help from Randle.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the easy answer is they tanked when Cousins got his 5th foul.

But the correct is "because they're the Kings. It's what they do".
Saying "they're the Kings, it's what they do" is another good reason. That would explain losing a game up 7 with 80 seconds left.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game for Russell. Good for him.

Lakers fans needed to see a performance like that to maybe regain a little confidence in this guy long term- not saying they had necesarily lost it- but its good to see a big time performance- even i na loss vs. the Kings- to know that the guy is capable.

Ill tell ya- Anthony Bennett NEVER had a game like that in his career. It doesnt guarantee anything- thats for sure- but its just good to know hes capable- because some of the athleticism concerns on Russell were starting to worry me a little bit and i was a big proponent of his pre-draft.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game for Russell. Good for him.

Lakers fans needed to see a performance like that to maybe regain a little confidence in this guy long term- not saying they had necesarily lost it- but its good to see a big time performance- even i na loss vs. the Kings- to know that the guy is capable.

It was a lot of fun watching him last night. He's been playing a lot better over the past few weeks and looks like he's starting to gain confidence that he can play at the NBA level.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God they got past the Knicks.
I dont know what it is about that team.
Even last years (17-65) horrible Knicks mess beat SA. (which finished 1 game out of the #2 seed ultimately)

This is the first time the Spurs swept the 2 game series in 6 freaking years...getting swept by them 3 years ago.
A 1 point victory versus that pain in the ass team feels like a major breakthrough.

I think every good team has some weird kryptonite team in the other league.
I remember the Lakers could never beat Charlotte even at their 60 win peak dominance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God they got past the Knicks.
I dont know what it is about that team.
Even last years (17-65) horrible Knicks mess beat SA. (which finished 1 game out of the #2 seed ultimately)

This is the first time the Spurs swept the 2 game series in 6 freaking years...getting swept by them 3 years ago.
A 1 point victory versus that pain in the ass team feels like a major breakthrough.

I think every good team has some weird kryptonite team in the other league.
I remember the Lakers could never beat Charlotte even at their 60 win peak dominance.

Knicks are playing better now. Phil did a heck of a job in the summer and Fisher clearly got Melo to buy into their system

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting another OKC blowout

OKC just went up by 11 but it's the first time the lead has been double-digits for either team in the game. I was expecting another blowout too. Huertas is just plain bad, I don't know why he's getting minutes.