• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it so incredible how Pop can flip these switches in a quick offseason and get the team to start playing an entirely new brand of basketball. I know the core of the team minus Kawhi and Aldridge are used to it, since that's how they won their first four titles, but man it's just ridiculous. Offensive juggernaut winning the title in 2014, and now they're beating teams with smothering defense and holding most opponents to around 85ppg. It's really something...even the THIRD STRING plays defense. This has been a blowout since before halftime and the Hawks only have 76 points, and are likely not even going to reach 80.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop played it right.
I thought he was dicking around again with the healthy scratches versus LA.

But, he rested Tony last night and gave Timmy a hard cap of 20 minutes.
I guess it worked out. They looked fresh and annihilated Atlanta on the road back-to-back.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop played it right.
I thought he was dicking around again with the healthy scratches versus LA.

But, he rested Tony last night and gave Timmy a hard cap of 20 minutes.
I guess it worked out. They looked fresh and annihilated Atlanta on the road back-to-back.
I'm really liking what I have seen out of Jonathan Simmons. You think he will be a big part of the bench this season? I'm hoping so.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that last night was the first time Nick Young assisted on a Kobe basket in their 3 years together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that last night was the first time Nick Young assisted on a Kobe basket in their 3 years together.

HOLY SHIT!! Swaggy got an assist!!

I actually had to look in the box score and sure enough, 1 assist.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give Julius Randle some credit for being 12th in the NBA in rebounding. For a de-facto rookie that pretty damn good.

Tristan Thompson is just right ahead of him 11th in rebounding.....If Randle can be that kind of rebounder - he certainly has a more potentially potent offensive game- especially if he can develop any kind of a right hand- to be a better version of Thompson- with both the rebounding and some decent offense..... 42.6% is bad for a power forward but he is a rookie and needs time.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give Julius Randle some credit for being 12th in the NBA in rebounding. For a de-facto rookie that pretty damn good.

Tristan Thompson is just right ahead of him 11th in rebounding.....If Randle can be that kind of rebounder - he certainly has a more potentially potent offensive game- especially if he can develop any kind of a right hand- to be a better version of Thompson- with both the rebounding and some decent offense..... 42.6% is bad for a power forward but he is a rookie and needs time.

His ceiling is much higher than Tristan Thompson's. If he can improve on finishing with his right hand and develop the midrange jumper, mainly from the elbows, he will be a tough player to guard. He is proving to be a beast going left and he attacks rebounds. He needs to develop that jumper though, similar to how Griffin had to. There has already been talk of him working this upcoming off season on changing the mechanics of his shot. You can see the current flaw. His release is catapult-like.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love his rebounding and how he attacks the rim. He really needs to continue working on his mid-range jumper and off hand. If he's not getting to the rim, he's not a lot of help offensively. If he can get a consistent mid-range shot and develop his off hand a little, he could be all-star caliber.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ceiling is much higher than Tristan Thompson's. If he can improve on finishing with his right hand and develop the midrange jumper, mainly from the elbows, he will be a tough player to guard. He is proving to be a beast going left and he attacks rebounds. He needs to develop that jumper though, similar to how Griffin had to. There has already been talk of him working this upcoming off season on changing the mechanics of his shot. You can see the current flaw. His release is catapult-like.

Should have read your post before posting mine. :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers with 8 points in the quarter.....down 6 with 210 left

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59-36 lead for the Spurs at the half...yet another opponent held under 40 before halftime. This defense is better than the 03' team's...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better not sleep on OKC. Beating a healthy Okc 4 of 7 is an extremely difficult task for any team in basketball

Perhaps but then the GS-OKS WCF will be epic (I'm assuming GS is the #1 seed, but even that's no lock)