• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? They haven't played enough together to come to any conclusions yet.

I think individually they have a chance to be very good players, but I'm not sure how their games will mesh. From what I've seen (admittedly limited), they seem to possess very similar skill sets when they're at the top of their game. Also right now neither is a very good defender, but I think they can become good.

I just think there are a lot of questions surrounding them. That's pretty much why I said the Lakers need to make a decision fast, if they want to commit to that backcourt.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think individually they have a chance to be very good players, but I'm not sure how their games will mesh. From what I've seen (admittedly limited), they seem to possess very similar skill sets when they're at the top of their game. Also right now neither is a very good defender, but I think they can become good.

I just think there are a lot of questions surrounding them. That's pretty much why I said the Lakers need to make a decision fast, if they want to commit to that backcourt.

They are both combo-ish guards. I think it will be a matter of them balancing who is leading the offense and who is playing off-ball. Ultimately Russell should be the one running the offense the majority of time. Haven't checked recently, but Clarkson's catch-and-shoot numbers have been pretty good this season. There are questions, but certainly more needs to be seen of them playing together. With the current rotations, they aren't seeing a ton of time together on the court.

Russell has been playing pretty good defense recently. I've seen several good on-ball defensive possessions. He's a lengthy 6'5" and has made some great steals anticipating passes. Early on in the season he was getting burned in transition defense watching shots at the top instead of being that first defender back. I think ultimately his overall defense will be strong.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gundy pisses me off.
The NBA does not need to change its rules because one or two lazy dudes cannot free throws.

it is not the leagues priority to cover the laziness of a guy who doesnt put in the work.
Hack-a-Jordan, Howard, Shaq, Rondo...... is a totally fine and intelligent strategy.

make your fucking free throws, or have your coach get you off the damn floor.
At 25 million/year....You can at least get to 58%-61% by practice and nobody will foul you.

Fuck off Van Gundy and your fake throwback soapbox diatribes.
You ruined the game for me ranting and raving about it for about 45 minutes straight.

Every damn team in the league is going to foul that 38% free throw shooter. It works.

Make your freethrows and nobody will foul you.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gundy pisses me off.
The NBA does not need to change its rules because one or two lazy dudes cannot free throws.

it is not the leagues priority to cover the laziness of a guy who doesnt put in the work.
Hack-a-Jordan, Howard, Shaq, Rondo...... is a totally fine and intelligent strategy.

make your fucking free throws, or have your coach get you off the damn floor.
At 25 million/year....You can at least get to 58%-61% by practice and nobody will foul you.

Fuck off Van Gundy and your fake throwback soapbox diatribes.
You ruined the game for me ranting and raving about it for about 45 minutes straight.

Every damn team in the league is going to foul that 38% free throw shooter. It works.

Make your freethrows and nobody will foul you.
lol @ Clippers overpaying for someone you can't trust late in the game.

For real though, what's the big deal? I understand it slows the game down, but it's a legitimate strategy. And it WORKS. Just cause you suck at making free throws doesn't mean the rest of the league should feel sorry for you.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gundy would not shut the fuck up about it.

He just kept whining and whining and whining.... even though it was clearly working and helping the Spurs.

I had to turn off the sound.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Gundy would not shut the fuck up about it.

He just kept whining and whining and whining.... even though it was clearly working and helping the Spurs.

I had to turn off the sound.

Yeah I can't stand when he does games where a player is getting hacked. It is beyond annoying

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. For Timmy's first few years, Hack-A-Timmy was a viable late game option. So what did he do? He practiced, starting hitting his free throws and voila' no more Hack-A-Timmy. The same thing happened with Karl Malone.

Shaq never got to where he was as good as Duncan or Malone, but he did reach a point where he started hitting his free throws late in games and/or would get in a rhythm and start hitting them, making the Hack-A-Shaq much less effective.

Seems pretty simple really. Hit your free throws and teams won't use the tactic and you get to stay on the floor late in games.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs become the first Western Conference team in 27 years to start the season 15-0 at home.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack-a-Jordan is a great strategy and should never be outlawed because this is a game of skill. When you start making rules that reward or excuse a lack of skill, then there's a problem.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, Lakers, turn it around soon.

It's just wrong to see this team getting beat by 30. In the first half!

I detest feeling sorry for the Lakers. Give me a team I can hate again!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night like tonight- where Jordan Clarkson has a solid statisitcal game ins a big time blowout- and to see how little effect it had- are the type of games where you really feel you dont want to give this guy significant money....other nights its a different story- but nights like tonight- that is the story.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night like tonight- where Jordan Clarkson has a solid statisitcal game ins a big time blowout- and to see how little effect it had- are the type of games where you really feel you dont want to give this guy significant money....other nights its a different story- but nights like tonight- that is the story.
His team is horrible, they're going to be blown out a lot this year. Kevin Love and Kyrie had a lot of good-great statistical games in blowout losses before teaming with LeBron, and got paid a lot. I'm not saying Clarkson is as good or will be as good as them because odds are he won't be, but we won't really know if his stats and game can positively effect wins and losses until he's on a team capable of winning 30+ games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...to me, he's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Durant should have been T'd up from excessive ankle breaking on Randle.

That was just cruel....lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, unfortunately he's probably going to demand a hefty raise before the Lakers get a chance to find out if he's a really good player or just a good player on a bad team.

As Bolts pointed out, Kyrie and Love did the same thing before teaming with Lebron, but they were also lottery picks who came out early, so less of a gamble. Clarkson stayed 4 years and was a 2nd round pick. The question for the Lakers is: Was it because he was a late bloomer or was there some other issue?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...to me, he's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Durant should have been T'd up from excessive ankle breaking on Randle.

That was just cruel....lol

There was a move that Durant put on him in the first quarter where I just said, "Class is in session."

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have started to play some defense, holding their last 4 opponents under 100pts and winning 4 of 5 games overall. They're 6-2 in 8 games when the opponent scores less than 100pts.
I like it!