• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anything needs to be done about the free throw thing. It's a legitimate, end of game strategy. The best way to curb it, is for guys to hit their free throws.

Of course it's legitimate it just takes the best thing about the game, the fast paced flowing excitement, and turns it into these amazing athletes walking back and forth for 15 minutes. As I said no idea how to fix it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's legitimate it just takes the best thing about the game, the fast paced flowing excitement, and turns it into these amazing athletes walking back and forth for 15 minutes. As I said no idea how to fix it.

Did you watch the end of the Clips-Twolves game last night? I just want to know if we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about end of game fouling to prevent a 3, not Hack-a-Shaq. I agree with you that it's boring to watch guys walk back and forth shooting free throws for 15 minutes; however, I have a bigger problem with the end of game fouling to prevent a team from shooting a 3 than I do with Hack-a-Shaq because the former is about taking a skill out of the game (3-point shooting) and replacing it with cheap fouling (which takes far less skill, IMO), while the latter punishes a team or player that lacks a skill (free throwing shooting).

The last 30 seconds of last night's Clips-Twolves game took forever because of the endless fouling. I don't blame teams for exploiting the rules (heck, the Warriors are arguably exploiting the 3-point rule), but I hope that the NBA looks at this over the offseason. This strategy makes for a less exciting game, IMO, and will lead to anticlimactic endings like last night's game.

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the end of the Clips-Twolves game last night? I just want to know if we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about end of game fouling to prevent a 3, not Hack-a-Shaq. I agree with you that it's boring to watch guys walk back and forth shooting free throws for 15 minutes; however, I have a bigger problem with the end of game fouling to prevent a team from shooting a 3 than I do with Hack-a-Shaq because the former is about taking a skill out of the game (3-point shooting) and replacing it with cheap fouling (which takes far less skill, IMO), while the latter punishes a team or player that lacks a skill (free throwing shooting).

The last 30 seconds of last night's Clips-Twolves game took forever because of the endless fouling. I don't blame teams for exploiting the rules (heck, the Warriors are arguably exploiting the 3-point rule), but I hope that the NBA looks at this over the offseason. This strategy makes for a less exciting game, IMO, and will lead to anticlimactic endings like last night's game.

+1 to this, I did mean what you said above. Totally agree with your thing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time, they make it pretty obvious and foul before the team gets all the way up the floor.

Yes, but sometimes it becomes dicey. In the Warriors/Pelicans matchup last year in the playoffs, Klay was called for an intentional foul on Anthony Davis because the foul happened away from the ball. The Warriors were up like 3 points with 50 seconds left in the game and there was NO WAY Klay was trying to intentionally foul. The Refs got that one wrong because it was up to them to determine intent. Could have changed the entire outcome of that game because they were given two freethrows and possession back.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi Leonard looks like he should not have played.

he had a really bad gastroenteritis problem and was bed-ridden two days ago.

Tonight he has zero points and standing around looking lifeless through 3 quarters..... Dude probably lied to Pop.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi Leonard looks like he should not have played.

he had a really bad gastroenteritis problem and was bed-ridden two days ago.

Tonight he has zero points and standing around looking lifeless through 3 quarters..... Dude probably lied to Pop.

My fantasy team is pretty upset.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kawhi wasn't ready to play tonight. And it really effected the team overall. Just a really bad game. I'm surprised how the Raptors are so bad that the Spurs played like such shit and they still only won by 3...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else watching Lakers/Minny? It's actually been a great game. DeAngelo Russell just tied it at 114. 2.2 seconds left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
123-122 Minny. Lakers ball 9.5 seconds left in OT.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
123-122 Minny. Lakers ball 9.5 seconds left in OT.

In the words of Kobe said to Russell after the game "Good look".

Nice to see Nick Young actually play some defense and school Wiggins on both ends of the court tonight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Lakers missed. Minny wins 123-122. Fun game to watch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Byron, in the 4th quarter, he asked Kobe, "if we get to 6 or 7 minutes left and the game is still close, what do you want to do"? Kobe's response was "Coach, let them go. Let's see what they do."

#Kobefercoach

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Byron, in the 4th quarter, he asked Kobe, "if we get to 6 or 7 minutes left and the game is still close, what do you want to do"? Kobe's response was "Coach, let them go. Let's see what they do."

#Kobefercoach

This is LOL on lots of levels.

1) The amount of nut hugging Scott is doing to Kobe is beyond ridiculous. Why do you ask him what he wants to do? You're the coach, you make the call.

2) You freely advertise that you have no idea what you're doing because you're asking him whether or not you should play your young guys in clutch minutes. Isn't that the whole goal in trying to get these guys experience?

3) Even the player who is still jacking up shots at an alarming rate is suggesting you play your young guys more.