• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is LOL on lots of levels.

1) The amount of nut hugging Scott is doing to Kobe is beyond ridiculous. Why do you ask him what he wants to do? You're the coach, you make the call.

2) You freely advertise that you have no idea what you're doing because you're asking him whether or not you should play your young guys in clutch minutes. Isn't that the whole goal in trying to get these guys experience?

3) Even the player who is still jacking up shots at an alarming rate is suggesting you play your young guys more.
I'm pretty sure he was asking Kobe in relation to this being his farewell tour. Most people want to see Kobe on the floor regardless of how good or bad he's played or is playing. He gave Kobe the option of playing or sitting. Seems pretty simple to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is LOL on lots of levels.

1) The amount of nut hugging Scott is doing to Kobe is beyond ridiculous. Why do you ask him what he wants to do? You're the coach, you make the call.

2) You freely advertise that you have no idea what you're doing because you're asking him whether or not you should play your young guys in clutch minutes. Isn't that the whole goal in trying to get these guys experience?

3) Even the player who is still jacking up shots at an alarming rate is suggesting you play your young guys more.

I disagree. Kobe has earned these types of considerations, especially in his final season. Also, it's been reported (not sure of the accuracy) that the reason Byron benched the young guys is because playing alongside Kobe is hurting their development (which is something Byron just can't say publicly).

Also, as far as asking him, that is something that was worked out before the season started when they were trying to determine how many minutes Kobe would play per game. So, it was more likely that Byron was checking in to see what his energy level, etc. was like and Kobe said to just let the kids play. Could be that Kobe was tired or that he wanted to see how the kids responded or both.

The same types of things were done for Kareem in his last season. No one complained because that was a contending Lakers team and this one isn't.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Kobe has earned these types of considerations, especially in his final season. Also, it's been reported (not sure of the accuracy) that the reason Byron benched the young guys is because playing alongside Kobe is hurting their development (which is something Byron just can't say publicly).

Also, as far as asking him, that is something that was worked out before the season started when they were trying to determine how many minutes Kobe would play per game. So, it was more likely that Byron was checking in to see what his energy level, etc. was like and Kobe said to just let the kids play. Could be that Kobe was tired or that he wanted to see how the kids responded or both.

The same types of things were done for Kareem in his last season. No one complained because that was a contending Lakers team and this one isn't.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a knock on Kobe. Of course he's earned the right to have his farewell tour. But at the same time, Scott should already have a plan in mind for when that specific situation arises. While it hasn't happened often this year, having to ask your player in the middle of the game what he wants to do shows a lack of preparedness. You should have a game plan, and you should have scenarios worked out so that you don't have to go to Kobe and ask him what he wants to do.

There should also be consistency. It can't vary or a night to night basis based on what Kobe feels like that game either. Have a plan and stick to it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a knock on Kobe. Of course he's earned the right to have his farewell tour. But at the same time, Scott should already have a plan in mind for when that specific situation arises. While it hasn't happened often this year, having to ask your player in the middle of the game what he wants to do shows a lack of preparedness. You should have a game plan, and you should have scenarios worked out so that you don't have to go to Kobe and ask him what he wants to do.

There should also be consistency. It can't vary or a night to night basis based on what Kobe feels like that game either. Have a plan and stick to it.

He does have a plan. The plan is to see how Kobe is feeling in those situations and put him in the lineup if he has the energy. Only Kobe knows how he feels from game to game or even quarter to quarter.

Kobe played 24:30 last night and that was with him not playing after the 3:56 mark in the 3rd quarter. So, it's entirely possible that he was fatigued. Also, I disagree re: consistency in this situation. It literally is about how Kobe feels from game to game. It has to be because at 37, he doesn't have a consistent energy level.

People act like there's some "one size fits all" blueprint on this that should make it easy. There isn't and never will be.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rajon Rondo looks a little like a younger version of Snoop Dog.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Kings aren't gonna cover, unless the Knicks can somehow force OT and then the Kings start off with like a 7-0 run.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be a great season so far for the Kings, but a good win tonight against an improved Knicks team which included Rondo dunking
giphy.gif

and a perfect reaction from Quincy Acy.
ezgif-1629523187.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the gif now can't be found.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Rondo's dunked the ball? Must be contract year elevation.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Rondo's dunked the ball? Must be contract year elevation.

I heard Rondo say it had been like 3 years.

5 years ago, he helped give Bosh the nickname Chrissy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers @ Spurs. This could get really, really ugly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Russell is having the best night of his young career

Yeah, he looked good last night and has looked good over his past couple of games. It looks like he's quit trying to "think the game" and is just taking what he's given. The game ended up being a blowout, but not near as bad as I expected. The Lakers stayed with the Spurs until the 4th quarter when the Spurs showed them why they are title contenders and the Lakers aren't.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS were playing without Tony Parker.
Pop gave him the healthy night off and decided that Ray would be the starter??

Russell was able to handle Ray McAllum fairly well, but thankfully Patty Mills lit him up a bit to keep LA at bay.

Last year the SPURS would have lost that game....Anytime Pop rested a healthy player in the first half of the season, it ended up a loss. The SPURS only got the #6 seed thanks to some silly losses when resting guys.

I was having flashbacks and was so angry at Pop when LA was hanging tough.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs beating up on Spurs East at halftime, 47-25.

Holding the #8 Offense in the league to 25 points in ONE HALF is pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.