• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine the stories if it was Love or Kyrie doing that in the Cavs locker room.

Its not really condonable behavior... but his non-stop passion is one of his strengths. In someways, I'd almost welcome an outburst from Kyrie or Love.
I think he gets a pass because the team has performed so well all season. But, if they had been having similar problems the Cavs had it would've been worn out by the media as well. Anything- and I do mean anything that is negative-and will no doubt continue to dump on the team always gets the most attention.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more info. about halftime yelling during the Thunder game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the game, ESPN's Lisa Salters reported hearing yelling from the visiting locker room, which she attributed to Draymond Green. The emotional, profanity-laced tirade included Green screaming, "I am not a robot. I know I can play."

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith provided more details on Monday:

"I was told that Steve Kerr was showing film to the team. He showed some clip involving a mistake Draymond Green may have made, and Draymond went off," Smith said. "There were F-bombs, there were M-F bombs. Steve Kerr certainly did not back down by any stretch of the imagination. As a matter of fact, I was told that at one point, Steve Kerr told him to sit down, and Draymond said, 'M-Fer, come and make me.'"

Smith added that Green at one point said "to hell with it" and took off his shoes, as if he wouldn't play the rest of the game. Teammates intervened and Green ultimately returned to the game.

Kerr was asked about Smith's report and tried to mock the messenger, though he didn't explicitly deny the content of Smith's words.

Green apologized for the incident Monday, saying "that wasn't the right way to handle what needed to be handled."

Green's frustration may have come from his lack of shooting, which has notably been down as of late. He was 9-of-24 in his last three games. In the first half Saturday, he was 0-for-5. And Green reportedly mentioned this in the halftime rant. He said, "You don't want me to shoot. I won't shoot the rest of the game."

This was completely unprofessional, which everyone including Draymond has acknowledged.

Under Walton, Draymond had more "leash" with the offense in terms of being able to look for his own shot. Under Kerr, he prefers that Draymond move the ball first, and his own offense comes secondary. From Kerr's perspective, this is completely reasonable when you have Curry and Thompson on the court and Draymond being as great of a facilitator as he is.

It's no coincidence that Green has slumped a bit with Kerr returning. Under Walton, there were times where Green shot a 3 pointer with 18+ seconds left on the clock. In Kerr's offense, that's just not a good shot unless your name is Curry or Thompson.

Any Warrior fan could have immediately told you that Salters report was Draymond yelling at Kerr, without anyone having to mention it. Those two have been at war since day 1. This really is not as big of an issue as the media is making it out to be.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he gets a pass because the team has performed so well all season. But, if they had been having similar problems the Cavs had it would've been worn out by the media as well. Anything- and I do mean anything that is negative-and will no doubt continue to dump on the team always gets the most attention.

I disagree. He shouldn't get a pass for this because what he did was childish and unprofessional. But at the same time, it will not negatively impact the team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was completely unprofessional, which everyone including Draymond has acknowledged.

Under Walton, Draymond had more "leash" with the offense in terms of being able to look for his own shot. Under Kerr, he prefers that Draymond move the ball first, and his own offense comes secondary. From Kerr's perspective, this is completely reasonable when you have Curry and Thompson on the court and Draymond being as great of a facilitator as he is.

It's no coincidence that Green has slumped a bit with Kerr returning. Under Walton, there were times where Green shot a 3 pointer with 18+ seconds left on the clock. In Kerr's offense, that's just not a good shot unless your name is Curry or Thompson.

Any Warrior fan could have immediately told you that Salters report was Draymond yelling at Kerr, without anyone having to mention it. Those two have been at war since day 1. This really is not as big of an issue as the media is making it out to be.

Interesting insight, I didn't know a lot of that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He shouldn't get a pass for this because what he did was childish and unprofessional. But at the same time, it will not negatively impact the team.
I knew my post was worded wrong. LOL

Let me clarify- I personally don't think it was the right thing, professional or really needed. When I said he gets a pass that was in terms of the media not blowing it up like they usually do with something negative. I think he displayed the behavior of a spoiled brat. And am glad that he apologized later. I am hoping he will learn to control his temper & find other means of release-like crushing the boards during the game!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting insight, I didn't know a lot of that.

Yeah, both hold each other in high respect, but they butt heads as two strong willed individuals will do at times. Kerr is overly complimentary of Draymond, calling him the heartbeat of the team. He's being totally sincere when he does it.

Kerr and Draymond have yelled at each other, cussed each other out in games, but there's always a resolution and an underlying respect between the two that will trump over all. It's why national media is all over this but nearly every beat writer for the Warriors considers this to be a non-issue. Kerr said the outburst was "unusual", but that similar type events have happened in the past.

I think what really happened was there was some chirping going on between Draymond and the Thunder, most notably Kevin Durant right before the half. When Kerr pointed out watching film at half that Draymond took a bad shot, you could see how he could have reacted emotionally. To that point, Draymond had only had 3 shot attempts in the game. If you were playing your ass off on both ends of the court, but come in and one of your only 3 shot attempts is pointed out as a bad look, a reaction is going to be had.

Right now, the biggest underlying issue is that Kerr has told Draymond to facilitate more for others and look for his shot second. What that did was cause Draymond to think about his shot more, and when you do that you're going to overthink it and miss a large portion of the time. Being in his slump right now definitely doesn't help, but I think it was more of Green venting his frustrations and just letting it all out in the open.

He's not a selfish guy. He's not going to demand more shots.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, both hold each other in high respect, but they butt heads as two strong willed individuals will do at times. Kerr is overly complimentary of Draymond, calling him the heartbeat of the team. He's being totally sincere when he does it.

Kerr and Draymond have yelled at each other, cussed each other out in games, but there's always a resolution and an underlying respect between the two that will trump over all. It's why national media is all over this but nearly every beat writer for the Warriors considers this to be a non-issue. Kerr said the outburst was "unusual", but that similar type events have happened in the past.

I think what really happened was there was some chirping going on between Draymond and the Thunder, most notably Kevin Durant right before the half. When Kerr pointed out watching film at half that Draymond took a bad shot, you could see how he could have reacted emotionally. To that point, Draymond had only had 3 shot attempts in the game. If you were playing your ass off on both ends of the court, but come in and one of your only 3 shot attempts is pointed out as a bad look, a reaction is going to be had.

Right now, the biggest underlying issue is that Kerr has told Draymond to facilitate more for others and look for his shot second. What that did was cause Draymond to think about his shot more, and when you do that you're going to overthink it and miss a large portion of the time. Being in his slump right now definitely doesn't help, but I think it was more of Green venting his frustrations and just letting it all out in the open.

Oh yep, without a doubt. He & KD had been going at it a few times prior to the end of the half. I think Dray took everything personal from that point on-because he's so emotional. Not to mention there were a couple of missed calls from the refs that negatively impacted Dray & the team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green cursing at Kerr at halftime reminds me of when Cousins did something similar after the Kings started 1-7. Different situations obviously, but it just shows they're similar when it comes to attitude. Very emotional players who aren't afraid to show their emotions out on the court and like to talk to refs which leads to the technical fouls. Seeing them both come out of college it's not really surprising that they show their emotions on the court, but I'm surprised Green gets as upset as he does and yells at refs as much as he does when his team is pretty good. He'd probably lose it after 2 months of being in the Sacramento Kings circus. And I don't think being emotional is a bad thing, but I also don't enjoy seeing Cousins get into it with refs as much as he does.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting -- but a lot of shooting is confidence. It is much easier to make a 3 when you know your team has confidence in you making it. One strength of Green is he has been able to burn people by hitting a 3 if they give help off of him. Once opponents sense a lack of confidence, they could start doubling and dare Green to shoot. It is very hard to make an open 3 when teams are daring you to shoot it. (along with chirping at him if he has rabbit ears.) Once he misses 1 or 2 -- he may stop shooting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting -- but a lot of shooting is confidence. It is much easier to make a 3 when you know your team has confidence in you making it. One strength of Green is he has been able to burn people by hitting a 3 if they give help off of him. Once opponents sense a lack of confidence, they could start doubling and dare Green to shoot. It is very hard to make an open 3 when teams are daring you to shoot it. (along with chirping at him if he has rabbit ears.) Once he misses 1 or 2 -- he may stop shooting.

I don't think it has to do with his confidence in being able to shoot the ball, but more so WHEN to shoot the ball. The issue becomes if Dray has an open 3 with 16 seconds left on the shot clock, should he take that shot? If it's 6 seconds, that's not an issue. He's over thinking when to take the 3 and that slight hesitation is what can cause the difference between a miss and a make. That's why his "I won't shoot the rest of the game" came into play because he's thinking too much on when he should and should not shoot the ball. Doesn't have anything to do with him being capable of making it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was from last year. This is also why this most recent flare up is mostly a non-issue.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers, what the fuck?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green cursing at Kerr at halftime reminds me of when Cousins did something similar after the Kings started 1-7. Different situations obviously, but it just shows they're similar when it comes to attitude. Very emotional players who aren't afraid to show their emotions out on the court and like to talk to refs which leads to the technical fouls. Seeing them both come out of college it's not really surprising that they show their emotions on the court, but I'm surprised Green gets as upset as he does and yells at refs as much as he does when his team is pretty good. He'd probably lose it after 2 months of being in the Sacramento Kings circus. And I don't think being emotional is a bad thing, but I also don't enjoy seeing Cousins get into it with refs as much as he does.

Yes, green and Cousins are both very emotional. The difference is that Green is about as selfless as they come on the court. I just don't see that from Cousins.

Also, as inappropriate as Green's tirade was, the team responded. Their level of energy coming out of the break was amazing. Green is the heart and soul of the team. Nobody in the league plays harder, and when he gets amped up, his teammates follow with greater intensity. As amazing as Curry's performance was, none of it happens without green rallying the troops first.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Bolts Cousins was about to end Steven Adams life last night but thought better about it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost...
LOL... I love when players open up their palms like "see I'm letting him go"... yet deliberately keep their elbow locked rigidly in place

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Bolts Cousins was about to end Steven Adams life last night but thought better about it
Adams has a way of getting under opposing players skin, and with DeMarcus that's not a tough thing to do. At least he was smart enough to not swing.