• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has a way of getting under opposing players skin, and with DeMarcus that's not a tough thing to do. At least he was smart enough to not swing.

Yeah I really dislike Adams. Will never forget how he got Z-Bo suspended for game 7 a few years ago.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really dislike Adams. Will never forget how he got Z-Bo suspended for game 7 a few years ago.
That sucked, Grizz might not have won anyway but it could have been a better game with Z-Bo there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, green and Cousins are both very emotional. The difference is that Green is about as selfless as they come on the court. I just don't see that from Cousins.

Also, as inappropriate as Green's tirade was, the team responded. Their level of energy coming out of the break was amazing. Green is the heart and soul of the team. Nobody in the league plays harder, and when he gets amped up, his teammates follow with greater intensity. As amazing as Curry's performance was, none of it happens without green rallying the troops first.
Yeah Green is more selfless, but that's also because he has great teammates to defer too. Cousins tries to pass it out to shooters and they either turn it over or miss badly. Not saying he's as selfless as Draymond, but it helps when your team is great around you. Same could be said for the team responding, I think that was gonna happen with or without his tirade. And they still were in position to lose before KD makes a stupid decision. Draymond is the 2nd most important guy on the team after Steph, he brings a lot to the team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Green is more selfless, but that's also because he has great teammates to defer too. Cousins tries to pass it out to shooters and they either turn it over or miss badly. Not saying he's as selfless as Draymond, but it helps when your team is great around you. Same could be said for the team responding, I think that was gonna happen with or without his tirade. And they still were in position to lose before KD makes a stupid decision. Draymond is the 2nd most important guy on the team after Steph, he brings a lot to the team.

It's really not fair to compare the two, because each are asked to do separate things. The biggest thing is that Cousins is asked to produce buckets for the team. This is exactly why his usage rate is so high. Draymond is really the 4th offensive scoring option at any time on the court. His job is mainly to facilitate. Boogie does about as well as he can, while still maintaining his position as lead scorer.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not fair to compare the two, because each are asked to do separate things. The biggest thing is that Cousins is asked to produce buckets for the team. This is exactly why his usage rate is so high. Draymond is really the 4th offensive scoring option at any time on the court. His job is mainly to facilitate. Boogie does about as well as he can, while still maintaining his position as lead scorer.
Yeah they're different players with different roles on their teams. Cousins is asked to do too much, they'd be better if his usage rate was lower imo. He's a good enough and willing enough passer to set up his teammates when the opponents double team him, but the lack of consistent shooters/scorers on the Kings makes that more difficult. And for Green, he can use his versatility to either set up one of the good shooters on his team or take advantage of the defense double teaming Curry to score himself. He's more important for them on defense because he can defend multiple positions and help anchor the defense even when their bigs are hurt. I do think they are similar in how emotional they get and the frustration they show towards refs when some calls don't go their way.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all are but they're bound to drop out the playoffs. I think the 6-8 seeds out west will be Portland, Houston, and Utah.....in that order

I don't trust Houston. They got the talent for sure but that team lacks guts. They have way better players than to be struggling to be .500.

There is a huge hole in this team's character and if Dallas does make the playoffs, I think it will be Houston the team on the outside looking in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Houston. They got the talent for sure but that team lacks guts. They have way better players than to be struggling to be .500.

Cowherd made a really good point about them on his show today. He said the difference with star players is basketball iq. Some star players have it, some don't. Guys like Harden and Howard don't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd made a really good point about them on his show today. He said the difference with star players is basketball iq. Some star players have it, some don't. Guys like Harden and Howard don't.

It is a lot more than that. Motivation, drive, etc.

Harden appears to be a player that is driven more by enhancing his brand than by winning. He conserves energy of defense and holds the ball so he can pile up numbers. He may know that is not a formula for winning basketball, but I believe he cares more about his brand than he does about his team. There are many players in the league who are similarly motivated.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Curry and Iguodala listed as questionable for tonight. I have a feeling that either both will play or both will sit. Pretty sure they'll both be out for tonights game though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 24 games left, rest for Curry and Green is the only thing that can prevent the Warriors from breaking the Bulls' record.

If Curry sits, I give the Hawks a 50% chance at a road upset.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming down to the wire in Golden State.

Tied at 90 with a little over 3 to go

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell FINALLY starting for the Lakers and gets 35 minutes and goes crazy!!! (GOD I HATE BYRON SCOTT THAT FUCKKING FUCK FUCK FUCKING FAK GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

The Buckeye kicked some ASS--- awesome to see- especially him raining from 3....big time stuff. You gotta LOVE when those games come around and you see your #1 pick show you WHY you took him so damn high...everyone gets nervous at times- but after nights like tonight- you can see how Russell could - if he follows the right path- become a guy who becomes an All Star. Too cool!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell FINALLY starting for the Lakers and gets 35 minutes and goes crazy!!! (GOD I HATE BYRON SCOTT THAT FUCKKING FUCK FUCK FUCKING FAK GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

The Buckeye kicked some ASS--- awesome to see- especially him raining from 3....big time stuff. You gotta LOVE when those games come around and you see your #1 pick show you WHY you took him so damn high...everyone gets nervous at times- but after nights like tonight- you can see how Russell could - if he follows the right path- become a guy who becomes an All Star. Too cool!

We don't want to win remember. we need to keep this first round pick this year so we can keep our first round pick in two years that we would owe the Magic. It is 2 first round picks we keep if we are in the top 3 in the lottery. For a team that is rebuilding that is crucial. If we can use the cap space wisely on getting some free agents that will fit in with what we have and get Simmons too the Lakers are going to be contenders in a few years and contenders for a long time. Hopefully a new dynasty.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want to win remember. we need to keep this first round pick this year so we can keep our first round pick in two years that we would owe the Magic. It is 2 first round picks we keep if we are in the top 3 in the lottery. For a team that is rebuilding that is crucial. If we can use the cap space wisely on getting some free agents that will fit in with what we have and get Simmons too the Lakers are going to be contenders in a few years and contenders for a long time. Hopefully a new dynasty.
i totally agree- about not winning too many games---- but its nice to see your rookies play well and it helps their confidence to win once in a while---- and seriously- as bad as the Lakers are- they arent so bad they are going to lose against the worst times all the time. Brooklyn SUCKS and they just cut Joe Johnson and Bargnanni- not that those guys are difference makers by any stretch at this point in their careers- but at least they are credible NBA players.....Brooklyn is BAD and is gonna be BAD for al oooooong time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its really good to see that Russell is capable of that type of game. I Thought he was- I thought it was a good decision to take him over Okafor- which is the only other guy the Lakers were considering. The one thing that worried you about Russell is that he is not a GREAT athlete. Thats ok- neither is Kyrie Irving- Kyrie relies on skill and his talent much more than pure athleticism---- and Russell I think is similar in just how skilled he is. But- you can get worried when you see a GREAT athlete like Mudiay make some crazy plays that Russell cant make and it makes you nervous--- but then games like tonight y ou are SO glad y ou took a guy who is really smart and really skilled like Russell (or Kyrie is) rather than just the GREAT athlete (like a Mudiay)---- all though- sometimes those athlete guys HIT big time- ie- RW who everyone thought was overdrafted at the time.