• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... both of Curry's huge 3's in the last minute came courtesy of Draymond - Illegal Screen - Green.

Both were bad. As BK said, the league offices would be getting a tape filled with these illegal screens if I was coaching against them in the playoffs. You can't fight around screens if you are getting hugged.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were bad. As BK said, the league offices would be getting a tape filled with these illegal screens if I was coaching against them in the playoffs. You can't fight around screens if you are getting hugged.

I would be extremely surprised if the league office doesn't have an entire collection of tape provided by teams on the screens the Warriors set. Every team sends video to the league after every game on calls that they believe should have been called or were not called correctly. I think it's impossible for them to please everyone though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be extremely surprised if the league office doesn't have an entire collection of tape provided by teams on the screens the Warriors set. Every team sends video to the league after every game on calls that they believe should have been called or were not called correctly. I think it's impossible for them to please everyone though.

Always more gamesmanship come playoff time. I'm sure you are right though that they have plenty of tape already.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors do get away with a ton of moving screens. Not even worth debating really. I think it really has to do with two things. The Warriors bigs are inconsistent with the way they set the screens, meaning that sometimes the screen is held in place and sometimes they quick release.

The Warriors (and really all teams) should set as aggressive picks as possible -- until the referees call it. If the refs don't call it -- it isn't illegal.

I'd guess that refs will start to call it more on Green ... after seeing some of these no-call replays.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit whining about illegal screens. If they were such a big deal, Kevin Garnett would have been out of the league 15 years ago

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are waiving Marcus Thornton. Apparently it was too awkward getting him back in the voided trade.

I think many teams would love to add him.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that. Good point. Them and Miami for whatever reason give GSW a lot of trouble
Not so much. The game the Bucks won the Warriors were on their last game of 7 road games and it was a back to back. Their play that night definitely showed they were a bit tired. The next time they played it resulted in a win for the Dubs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much. The game the Bucks won the Warriors were on their last game of 7 road games and it was a back to back. Their play that night definitely showed they were a bit tired. The next time they played it resulted in a win for the Dubs.

It resulted in a win but it was probably their most difficult challenge at Oracle. They got dominated in the first half, was down 11 in the 4th with less than 9 to go

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors do get away with a ton of moving screens. Not even worth debating really. I think it really has to do with two things. The Warriors bigs are inconsistent with the way they set the screens, meaning that sometimes the screen is held in place and sometimes they quick release. If the refs are looking for the moving screen, it's much easier to point it out when it's happening on a consistent basis. But you'll see Bogut hold a screen one time and the next release to the high post or for a lob. You'll see Draymond set the screen, but then pop out quickly or cut toward the hoop. The second thing is I think the ref's get fixated on Curry just as much as anyone else. It happens, they're human.

The Warriors also get the least amount of calls for drives to the hoop. Curry gets routinely held and bumped and knocked down on drives and it's almost absurd that he never gets a call. I think it kind of evens out.

The teams that will always give the Warriors problems are teams that have long, athletic wing defenders. What really gave the Heat a leg up last night was playing Deng at the 4. It negated a lot of what Draymond does for the team and really limited his impact on the game. It's why the game was so Klay and Steph heavy, rather than our typical spread the ball offense.

I think Kerr didn't want to go small last night, not because of Whiteside, but because he didn't want Draymond matching up against him. If the Warriors went small it would have opened up the paint causing Whiteside to have to come out to defend on the perimeter. The issue I think was because of the recent back and forth between him and Whiteside, and also Whiteside's known hot-headedness, there was probably a high likelyhood of them either getting tangled up or techinical fouls being assessed. Draymond is getting up to that tech limit for a suspension and it was a way of saving him from himself.
Yes, couldn't agree more on two things. The amount of calls the refs miss when Curry goes up on 3's. I would have to say about 50% of the time (and that might be a lower number) the foul is missed by the refs. I think you hit the nail on the head with the refs in awe of Curry & his shot. Many times during the replay they can be seen watching the ball once it's released instead of watching the play finish out. But, as you mentioned, they're human.

Also, I think Dray & Whiteside getting tangled would be a nightmare - for both teams. Each player is equally important to his respective team and watching them get thrown out of the game would spoil the competition for fans on both sides.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It resulted in a win but it was probably their most difficult challenge at Oracle. They got dominated in the first half, was down 11 in the 4th with less than 9 to go
Hmmmm....I don't know if I agree that it was their most challenging. They have been behind in many games - probably too many for their coaches liking.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....I don't know if I agree that it was their most challenging. They have been behind in many games - probably too many for their coaches liking.

Pretty sure you can't find another home game this season where they were down double digits at halftime and at the under 9 timeout in the 4th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yes they have. I think the Lakers went up 2-0 on them once.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news.
Mike Miller just him a 3.