• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the man was almost put on trial for his life and only avoided it by paying out a 7 figure settlement.

Nothing LeBron does in his entire life will come CLOSE to the scumbaggery Kobe Bryant has engaged in during his. LeBron may be tone deaf to the media at times - and is as egotistical and big headed as they come- but at least hes not slimy and skeezy like Kobe. Kobe is BY FAR the bigger Jackass.

CLEARLY you don't know much about that case...lawyer...:lol:

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I got to watch him lose 3 of them, which was pretty cool. I also saw his legacy defining moment (which you likely missed since you were and OKC fan).

Tennyson ... about 200 years ago ... "Tis better to have made the championship game and lost -- than never to have been there at all".

And repeated by Jerry West about 50 years ago. (8 times before he won it)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennyson ... about 200 years ago ... "Tis better to have made the championship game and lost -- than never to have been there at all".

And repeated by Jerry West about 50 years ago. (8 times before he won it)

Well, of course you question it, especially when you get to this point,” James said, as transcribed by Northeast Ohio Media Group’s Scott Patsco. “I always look at it would I rather not make the playoffs or lose in The Finals? I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ve missed the playoffs twice. I lost in The Finals four times. I’m almost starting to be like I’d rather not even make the playoffs than to lose in The Finals. It would hurt a lot easier if I just didn’t make the playoffs and I didn’t have a shot at it.”

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like he'd accept...

he runs from every other bet...

I think the Heat and Laker fans would implode without Wiggy for a month.

I did a statistical analysis of what is trending in this thread.

Wiggy: 71%
Lebron: 14%
Kyrie: 7%
Miami Heat: 6%
Knicks/Porz: 5%
D'angelo: 3% (leaked over from Western thread)
Pacers: 2% (built -- not bought)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OR...

we just might get peace and harmony. 'sides, it isn't like the guy truly irritates anyone(though he'd CLEARLY like to argue different). never know since he doesn't do bets...unless that it's "odds-on" he'll win...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either that or the board's general conversations would get a lot more intelligent without that following bull shit:

"Tristan Thompson is better than Hassan Whiteside"

"Gilbert is a great GM"

"The Cavs don't need cap flexibility to compete"

"Pat Riley is useless"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moves must be made if you go 0 for 2 with Lebron. It is just the obvious thing to do

Agreed... but disagree that it should automatically involve Love and/or Kyrie. Those guys are locked into long term great-value deals. It depends on how the playoffs go (its possible that the 3 play very well together in the playoffs but fall to the Spurs or Warriors) and it obviously depends on what is offered in a trade.

The Cavs have the least amount of flexibility in the league... but they have the $10 mill trade exception from Varejoa, a MLE, and always of course minimum veteran deals to work with. Also, Mozgov has been bad and has lost his offseason leverage... so he is either gone in FA or coming back at a great price... so that could add a little flexibility.

LOL. Even Cowherd says it - "Better organization". Suck it, bitch.

Of course he said that. There's not even an argument at this point in terms of which is the better organization.

And guess what, Warriors are younger...and BETTER. No titles for Cleveland.

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... but disagree that it should automatically involve Love and/or Kyrie. Those guys are locked into long term great-value deals. It depends on how the playoffs go (its possible that the 3 play very well together in the playoffs but fall to the Spurs or Warriors) and it obviously depends on what is offered in a trade.

The Cavs have the least amount of flexibility in the league... but they have the $10 mill trade exception from Varejoa, a MLE, and always of course minimum veteran deals to work with. Also, Mozgov has been bad and has lost his offseason leverage... so he is either gone in FA or coming back at a great price... so that could add a little flexibility.

None of those are going to help the cavs improve. And nobody is lining up for the contracts of thompson, shumpert or frye

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys were watching the end of the Nova/UNC game. Unfucking real

Made up was a trash tournament

I couldn't care less for UNC. But that was a great game that was ruined by the refs. There were blatant calls that were missed on Villanova....a lot. Congrats to Villanova though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those are going to help the cavs improve.

Who knows if they will but they certainly can. Veteran deals, MLE's, & trade exceptions are all very helpful tools in improving a roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if they will but they certainly can. Veteran deals, MLE's, & trade exceptions are all very helpful tools in improving a roster.

Improving a borderline playoff team in to a solid 6th seed, maybe. Not when you're the top team in the conference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can, but I don't know what vet deals, MLE's or trade exceptions are out there that can improve the Cavs enough to take down the Warriors or Spurs. To do that, they probably need to move Kyrie or Love.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can, but I don't know what vet deals, MLE's or trade exceptions are out there that can improve the Cavs enough to take down the Warriors or Spurs. To do that, they probably need to move Kyrie or Love.

I will withhold my judgement until I see how the trio of LeBron/Love/Kyrie works in the playoffs (something we have yet to see)... but for now, I disagree.

As of today... trading away Love or Kyrie would be selling low. And it would involve attractive long-term contracts locked in before the salary cap jump. Throwing that away just because there is a team better than you would be a mistake. A trade has to make you better... and I don't see that right now. I mean, The Cavs are 66-16 in their last 82 games when Love, LeBron, & Kyrie play.

Also... flying under the radar is the fact the Warriors are likely to look very different next season. Curry, Thompson, & Green aren't going anywhere... but Bogut, Iguodala, Barnes, Rush, Barbosa, Speights, McAdoo, Clark, Ezeli are all up in the air this offseason. Spurs have some questions going into next season as well.

We'll have to see how the off-season goes... but's it's possible to improve - relatively speaking - by standing pat.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improving a borderline playoff team in to a solid 6th seed, maybe. Not when you're the top team in the conference.

I'm going to assume that I'm missing your point... because that makes no sense to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will withhold my judgement until I see how the trio of LeBron/Love/Kyrie works in the playoffs (something we have yet to see)... but for now, I disagree.

As of today... trading away Love or Kyrie would be selling low. And it would involve attractive long-term contracts locked in before the salary cap jump. Throwing that away just because there is a team better than you would be a mistake. A trade has to make you better... and I don't see that right now. I mean, The Cavs are 66-16 in their last 82 games when Love, LeBron, & Kyrie play.

Also... flying under the radar is the fact the Warriors are likely to look very different next season. Curry, Thompson, & Green aren't going anywhere... but Bogut, Iguodala, Barnes, Rush, Barbosa, Speights, McAdoo, Clark, Ezeli are all up in the air this offseason. Spurs have some questions going into next season as well.

We'll have to see how the off-season goes... but's it's possible to improve - relatively speaking - by standing pat.

I see your points. However, the Cavs are in "win now mode." Improving the team means nothing unless it improves them enough to beat the Warriors or Spurs. For them, it's not about improving enough to make the playoffs and go from there like it was before Lebron returned. It's also not about becoming the best team in the East, they already are. It's about improving enough to beat 2 teams only. I just don't see what MLE's, etc. are likely to be available to do that.

66-16 doesn't mean much when there are teams on pace for 70+ wins.

As for improving by standing pat, I suppose that's possible. But do you really want to depend on the Warriors and Spurs not being able to figure out the off-season to improve your teams chances?

What if the Cavs could take advantage of "Doc the terrible GM" and get CP3 for Kyrie and maybe 1 or 2 other assets? Or what if they traded him for a couple of guys who, individually aren't as good as Kyrie, but make the overall team better? Maybe a defensive stopper type and a pass first guard?

No matter what happens the rest of the way, the off-season is going to be very interesting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those are going to help the cavs improve. And nobody is lining up for the contracts of thompson, shumpert or frye

And that's why it has to be Love or Kyrie.

Outside Bron, nobody else has value.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your points. However, the Cavs are in "win now mode." Improving the team means nothing unless it improves them enough to beat the Warriors or Spurs. For them, it's not about improving enough to make the playoffs and go from there like it was before Lebron returned. It's also not about becoming the best team in the East, they already are. It's about improving enough to beat 2 teams only. I just don't see what MLE's, etc. are likely to be available to do that.

66-16 doesn't mean much when there are teams on pace for 70+ wins.

As for improving by standing pat, I suppose that's possible. But do you really want to depend on the Warriors and Spurs not being able to figure out the off-season to improve your teams chances?

What if the Cavs could take advantage of "Doc the terrible GM" and get CP3 for Kyrie and maybe 1 or 2 other assets? Or what if they traded him for a couple of guys who, individually aren't as good as Kyrie, but make the overall team better? Maybe a defensive stopper type and a pass first guard?

No matter what happens the rest of the way, the off-season is going to be very interesting.

Yeah, I'd definitely be in favor of any trades that would make us better. I'm just doubtful they could do that... since I view Love and Kyrie as under-valued right now. I would love getting CP3.

I just don't want to see the Cavs over-reactive.

Yes, the Cavs are in win now mode.

They will still be in win now mode when the off season hits. If the best path to 'winning now' is to hold on to 2 locked-in stars that are being undervalued... they should do it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Veteran deals, MLE's and trade exceptions (the Cavs have a very large one in their pocket)... can only help bad teams??? What?

Spurs would disagree. They got Diaw a few years ago on the MLE... worked out well for them. They just signed West last offseason for the vet minimum.

Warriors have Livingston as their backup PG thanks to the MLE.

If anything... I think its the opposite of what you're saying. Role players can only help bad teams so much. Bad teams need overhauls.

Teams that are already good can be pushed into great teams with the right extra pieces. They don't need an overhaul.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd definitely be in favor of any trades that would make us better. I'm just doubtful they could do that... since I view Love and Kyrie as under-valued right now. I would love getting CP3.

I just don't want to see the Cavs over-reactive.

Yes, the Cavs are in win now mode.

They will still be in win now mode when the off season hits. If the best path to 'winning now' is to hold on to 2 locked-in stars that are being undervalued... they should do it.
for sure....Griffin and Gilbert will do whats best for the team. Absolutely no one is untouchable- but i couldnt even imagine the haul they would demand for Love---- let alone Kyrie. As I have said multiple times- the Godlen Rule of the NBA is you dont trade a dollar for 4 quarters- looking back at hte history of those types of transactions anyone with a brain that functions even partially would see that they- almost as a rule- never work out....Not only that- but i just dont see any places that really match up that well. We shall see though wont we? 3 months from now we will have a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.