• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran deals, MLE's and trade exceptions (the Cavs have a very large one in their pocket)... can only help bad teams??? What?

Spurs would disagree. They got Diaw a few years ago on the MLE... worked out well for them. They just signed West last offseason for the vet minimum.

Warriors have Livingston as their backup PG thanks to the MLE.

If anything... I think its the opposite of what you're saying. Role players can only help bad teams so much. Bad teams need overhauls.

Teams that are already good can be pushed into great teams with the right extra pieces. They don't need an overhaul.

IF say Kyrie did somethign incredibly stupid and forced a trade- like secretely recording and disclosing his teammates most intimate secrets---- just looking at the candidates thata re even remotely possible i came up with this list..

A. Clips for Paul- not that i think either side has much interest in this type of swap- I dont think Doc wants to go young- and i dont think the Cavs want to sacrifice their future

B. I dont see any Eastern team that is even CLOSE to a fit- maybe the Magic????? i guess id pick them if i was FORCED to- but even that doesnt make sense

C. Phoenix Suns are the only other Western Conference team tht even remotely makes sense- i na deal that would be based around Bledsoe and a crapload more.--- if they would even have any interest- though it looks like they are rebuilding....

Gordon- you have any premonitions of where a deal would even begin to make sense?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF say Kyrie did somethign incredibly stupid and forced a trade- like secretely recording and disclosing his teammates most intimate secrets---- just looking at the candidates thata re even remotely possible i came up with this list..

A. Clips for Paul- not that i think either side has much interest in this type of swap- I dont think Doc wants to go young- and i dont think the Cavs want to sacrifice their future

B. I dont see any Eastern team that is even CLOSE to a fit- maybe the Magic????? i guess id pick them if i was FORCED to- but even that doesnt make sense

C. Phoenix Suns are the only other Western Conference team tht even remotely makes sense- i na deal that would be based around Bledsoe and a crapload more.--- if they would even have any interest- though it looks like they are rebuilding....

Gordon- you have any premonitions of where a deal would even begin to make sense?

A slightly descending Chris Paul for Kyrie trade would be stupid for the Clippers.

....unless, Paul told them he's leaving after next Season, which both he and Blake can do.

Actually, Blake, Paul an JJ can leave next Summer and I'll have to go back to watching WNBA games fulltime.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's futile to try to speculate what change(s) there would be, but you can bet that if this season is strike 2 (losing), there will be no strike 3 with the same players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously, no one knows what Doc may be thinking, but they've had the best teams in Clippers history for a few years now and they still can't seem to finish better than 4th in the West and can't get out of the 2nd round. How much longer do they have to wait?

If the Cavs want to win a championship, they may have no choice but to sacrifice their future. It's very difficult to win championships and prepare for the future at the same time. That's the problem they face. Do they truly go "all in" and sacrifice future so they can improve their chances to win a title now? Or do they try to hang onto guys like Kyrie and Love and hope they can improve enough down the road to win a championship later after Lebron is gone or at the tail end of his career?

There are no guarantees that Kyrie and/or Love will be able to lead the Cavs to a title in the future or that any difference maker FA's are going to be interested in going to Cleveland when Lebron is gone or no longer a virtual guaranteed trip to the finals.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Fanduel player prices today:
Whiteside 8600
Drummond 8000
Horford 6900

Only centers that cost more then Whiteside are Cousins and Towns.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh its a fact. Riley would without a dobut trade whatever first rounders he could muster, Whiteside and Winslow without a seconds hesitatio for Irving...it wouldnt even be a consideration

and Richardson? some lousy second round pick that has played well for a month? DELUSIONAL.

That lousy 2nd round pick

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy's about as accurate as Skip Bayless is. Makes me feel really good about the Heat's future since Wiggy said we're going to suck for a very long time.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy's about as accurate as Skip Bayless is. Makes me feel really good about the Heat's future since Wiggy said we're going to suck for a very long time.

Skip Bayless is a friggin' idiot...

so I guess this post DOES have merit...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant believe the stupidity you possess to ACTUALLY try and point to a single game to make an argument for one guy over another.

This is just ridiculous.

Andre Drummond is a 22 year old stud that you build your franchise around.

Whiteside is a bench player that was blackballed from the league. I mean- you guys seriously have to be kidding me.

you will learn this summer though.

omg- are you guys fucking serious- 14 and 12 compared to 13 and 12? bksballer- i seriously think you are delusional.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
addition and subtraction...if you have a firm grasp on those skills- its easy to see the Heat are FUCKED this summer.

as I have said- you cant even keep together a team that you ADMIT is not any kind of threat to win shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG KYrie Irving was SO hurt that he played tonight for the Cavs- DESPITE the #1 seed being sewn up.....lol......that ankle must be screwed...i hear he might have the leg amputated actually! LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant believe the stupidity you possess to ACTUALLY try and point to a single game to make an argument for one guy over another.

This is just ridiculous.

Andre Drummond is a 22 year old stud that you build your franchise around.

Whiteside is a bench player that was blackballed from the league. I mean- you guys seriously have to be kidding me.

you will learn this summer though.

You do realize he's not really a bench player right? He's only coming off the bench because the Heat bench needed help?

You do know he's playing more MPG off the bench than he did as a starter right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
addition and subtraction...if you have a firm grasp on those skills- its easy to see the Heat are FUCKED this summer.

as I have said- you cant even keep together a team that you ADMIT is not any kind of threat to win shit.

They'll be fine as always. There's a reason why they work in the front office for an NBA team and you don't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be fine as always. There's a reason why they work in the front office for an NBA team and you don't.
as alwaqys? like last year? LOL...be fine? with 25 million committed to a guy that cant play?

to no Bird Rights on Whiteside who is going to eat up every single dollar of cap room you have this offseason if you want to keep him----- a guy that I would NEVER give a multi year contract to

with Dwayne Wade who keeps on getting older and who is having BY FAR the worst shooting year of his career

good luck with that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're talking about your evalutions of Whiteside and Richardson. Looking at how the Spurs and Warriors are playing, it's easy to see how the Cavs will be FUCKED in the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.