• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs do have to go through OKC, GSW and then the Cavs....if they can do that- they will have EARNED a title.....that would be a helluva road wouldnt it?....

Damn, yeah...you are right.

Did you see the OKC game?

:gaah:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers down 2 to the Knicks without Porzinga/Melao.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs do have to go through OKC, GSW and then the Cavs....if they can do that- they will have EARNED a title.....that would be a helluva road wouldnt it?....

You do understand the only reason the Cavs have a higher % to win the title then the Spurs is because the Spurs would have to beat the Warriors to get there.

Spurs are 2nd choice in Vegas to win it all, and would be around -230 in a series vs Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

again- the Cavs haters jump at the stupidest things--- Kyrie Irving finished the game the other day when he sprained the ankle and if it was a playoff game would have been playing today- but of course- now that you have the #1 seed practically sewed up- and are playing the 5th game in 7 days today- they arent gonna push it....

kinda like how you were running your mouth about how Dwayne Wade sitting on Friday would allow him to play against hte Blazers on Satuday- right?-- howd that work out? Id say THAT should be of much more concern to you then Kyrie Irving sitting out today.

I really just thought Wade would play Friday, but it was totally a guess.
Prob a stupid guess because it was based on nothing but how he's been used all season.
Heat didn give any updates, but there no reason to think he won't play Tuesday.

As far as Kyrie, hopefully he's fine, but what makes you think he could have played today?
The quote I read said stated pretty much the opposite.
Why not just say he's resting vs saying his ankle was wrapped and he was limping?
Anyway, as we've seen once again, they can function fine without him.
Give credit to @tlance . He's the first one here that said Kyrie should be the one to get rid of when we were all speculating Love.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobcats are a good up and coming team though...ill tell ya- would have to see them with one more year of experience- and MKG and Jefferson healthy....lot of upside and talent on that club going forward...i think they are the best positioned going forward in that entire division.- as long as they can bring back Batum...- which i think they will

Last year it was the Bucks who you were predicting to make that leap.
You whammied them.
Charlotte is now doomed for next year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was the Bucks who you were predicting to make that leap.
You whammied them.
Charlotte is now doomed for next year.

Yeah, Bucks have been beyond awful this year. I did forget about how much of a pedestal the Wigster put on them on during the offseason. Glad to see he's accurate.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bucks have been beyond awful this year. I did forget about how much of a pedestal the Wigster put on them on during the offseason. Glad to see he's accurate.

I was sipping the Kool Aid too.

But, that was BEFORE they mucked everything up by trading Brandon Knight.

Beal nor Parsons is worth a max deal.

But, they might be for a Team like the Bucks who are in desperate need of a shooter.

I think k they have to put Parker on the bench and maybe chase a Ryan Anderson/ Parsons unless they can find a pg with range.

Greek Freak and Middleton should be the only guys cemented in the starting lineup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is about to win Eastern Conference Player of the month for the 2nd month in a row....

he looks RIDICULOUS-

last year was the lowest minute total for LeBron @ 36.1 in his entire career

This year? Once again- sets a lowest minute total of his career @ 35.8

says he feels the best he has in YEARS.....thank GOODNESS he got out of Miami where he was getting run into the ground.....

I have a feeling we are gonna see some stuff from LeBron that is HISTORICAL coming up very very soon in these playoffs. The LeBron moment that will be his defining legacy is yet to come- I will guarantee you that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sipping the Kool Aid too.

But, that was BEFORE they mucked everything up by trading Brandon Knight.

Beal nor Parsons is worth a max deal.

But, they might be for a Team like the Bucks who are in desperate need of a shooter.

I think k they have to put Parker on the bench and maybe chase a Ryan Anderson/ Parsons unless they can find a pg with range.

Greek Freak and Middleton should be the only guys cemented in the starting lineup.
i saw a trade idea of Russell for Parker-- who says no? probably a good trade for both teams....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyronn Lue quietly makes statement with handling of LeBron

Tyronn Lue's first statement as Cleveland Cavaliers coach appears to have been quietly made.

Two weeks ago, Lue pulled LeBron James aside and, in so many words, told him to knock off the funny business and focus on the basketball.

It came after James' cryptic social media behavior, on-court fraternization with Dwyane Wade and off-court comments about teaming up with Wade and Carmelo Anthony and not, you know, his current teammates.

Only James and Lue know exactly how this message was relayed, but it has become clear that it was received.

Regardless of Lue's game plans, strategy, in-game moves or whatever, his most important job is to connect with and have the respect of James. This is a central reason he's in the job and David Blatt is no longer. If Lue can consistently reach James, he will have a better opportunity to work on the rest of it.

James has been on a vicious tear since the Lue meeting two weeks ago, including two dominating performances in quality weekend wins over the Atlanta Hawks and Charlotte Hornets. With Kyrie Irving out with an ankle issue, James had 31 points, eight rebounds and 12 assists in Sunday's 112-103 win over the Hornets, who had the Eastern Conference's best record since January. On Friday, he had 29 points, 16 rebounds and nine assists against the Hawks, who had been the best defensive team in the league in the second half of the season.

Over his past seven games, James has been a demon, averaging 28.9 points, 8.9 rebounds and 9.6 assists while shooting 57 percent from the field and 38 percent on 3-pointers. The Cavs are 6-1 in those games, squeezing the No. 1 seed in the East as their magic number to clinch it is down to three.

Off the floor, he has been as locked in and focused as he has been all season. No social media uprisings, no distracting quotes, just straight business and relentless execution.

"I'm going to continue to lead this team in the right direction," James said. "I'm ready. I feel great. This is the best I've felt in the last couple of years. … If the playoffs started tomorrow, we'd be ready to go."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is about to win Eastern Conference Player of the month for the 2nd month in a row....

he looks RIDICULOUS-

says he feels the best he has in YEARS.....thank GOODNESS he got out of Miami where he was getting run into the ground.....

I have a feeling we are gonna see some stuff from LeBron that is HISTORICAL coming up very very soon in these playoffs. The LeBron moment that will be his defining legacy is yet to come- I will guarantee you that.

Lebron was playing 37 MPG in Miami. 37 MPG is just fine for a player who still in their prime and was in his mid to late 20's at that time. I don't think anyone with a brain would say a player between 26-29 years old is getting run into the ground because he's playing 37 MPG.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he looks RIDICULOUS-

Assuming the Cavs make the Finals, how much more do you expect out of James then he did last year?
Now consider his outside shooting has declined to the point where I doubt he really trusts himself.

Bottom line and reality is, nothing has changed since the beginning of the season.
Cavs should make the Finals and then get another runner up trophy.

I cant even imagine the nationwide ridicule the Heat Big 3 would have received if they had lost 4 of 6 Finals, and if it happens, you can bet your ass that Mr. James will be the most unhappy of all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smith on First Take just stated that he believes unless Cleveland wins a title that Kyrie or Love is gone.

He also criticized Lebron communication style when it comes to Irving. Compared Lebron to the annoying College Professor who knows what they're talking about but you're just sick and tired of hearing their voice

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Cavs make the Finals, how much more do you expect out of James then he did last year?

I cant even imagine the nationwide ridicule the Heat Big 3 would have received if they had lost 4 of 6 Finals, and if it happens, you can bet your ass that Mr. James will be the most unhappy of all.
well- when you have a celebratory ceremoney with dry ice and not one, not 2, not 3, not 4- on the heels of the worst conceived sports announcement in history- you kinda put a lot of pressure on yourself.

LEBron the last 2 months has really got his 3 pt shot going too- so - try again--- your boy Dwade is only shooting 17% fro m3- on the worst 3 pt shooting team in the league that is likely to make the playoffs- so there is that...

CANT wait for the playoffs to start!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- when you have a celebratory ceremoney with dry ice and not one, not 2, not 3, not 4- on the heels of the worst conceived sports announcement in history- you kinda put a lot of pressure on yourself.

LEBron the last 2 months has really got his 3 pt shot going too- so - try again--- your boy Dwade is only shooting 17% fro m3- on the worst 3 pt shooting team in the league that is likely to make the playoffs- so there is that...

Comparing D-Wade 3 point shooting to Lebron 3 point shooting is just retarded. One player actually attempts several 3's nightly while the other knows his range and pretty much never attempts 3. Lebron attempts just under 4 threes per game. D-Wade attempted 4 threes in the month of March. That comparison just shows the low basketball IQ you have.

And you claim in the last 2 months his 3 pt shot has got going? He shot 33% from 3 in March and 28% from 3 in February......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron's shooting 28.9% from 3-pt land this year. That's beyond terrible. Wade's never been a 3-point shooter and he doesn't take a large volume. Nice cherry picking that stat too, given that he's a whopping 1 of 6 from that range (not a huge stat to go off of). I'm glad you're talking as much shit as you are. What goes around comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.