• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's because lebron genuinely makes the Cavs the most unlikeable sports franchise in American pro sports.

Duplicity at it's finest.

He wants to be seen as a nice guy who's only real concern is winning.

But, he's really a diva.

I have zero issue with him leaving Miami.

But, the fact that he tried to fool people into thinking that it was because he wanted to go home makes me want to puke.

He wanted control and Riley and Arison refused to live on their knees.

But, Gilbert has allowed him to hold the Cavs hostage.

And by the looks of some of those contracts, the ransom amount is high.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of overall NBA standings, they're in 3rd.
In The East...:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh really?? Hmm... just checked. You're right. Didn't realize the warriors and spurs were having such good seasons. Who knew?

On a more serious note, I'm honestly not bothered by the generally anti-cavs sentiments on here anymore. I understand the main reasons for it and it actually makes things more interesting anyway. And @Mecca you're one of the least anti-cavs non-cavs-fan on here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really?? Hmm... just checked. You're right. Didn't realize the warriors and spurs were having such good seasons. Who knew?

On a more serious note, I'm honestly not bothered by the generally anti-cavs sentiments on here anymore. I understand the main reasons for it and it actually makes things more interesting anyway. And @Mecca you're one of the least anti-cavs non-cavs-fan on here.

You don't care about the anti-cavs sentiments because you don't care about the cavs - you care about lebron.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't care about the anti-cavs sentiments because you don't care about the cavs - you care about lebron.
There's definitely some truth to that.

After 9 seasons of faithfully watching and rooting for the Cavs, though, I think there's more attachment to the franchise than you might think.

When LeBron retires there's a good chance I drop the player-fandom and become a cavs fan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ahh, freedom of choice is one of the beauties of living in America...:headbanger::usa::usa2::usa::headbanger:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans SHOULD believe they have a chance to win the title because they do. They have the 3rd best team (by record) in the NBA and they have the best player in the NBA. So, they do have a chance.

It's not what I'd consider a great chance because of how much better the Warriors and Spurs are than the rest of the league. But they do have a chance. Since the league is going to make them play the games anyway, I'd expect the Cavs will show up and try to win.

I honestly think too, that they may have a better chance against the Warriors than they do the Spurs. I think the Cavs match up a little better with the Warriors. The Warriors have shown that if their outside shot isn't falling, they struggle a bit. If they have a couple of games where the outside shot isn't falling and Lebron has a couple of games where he decides to show everyone that he's still the best player, the Cavs have a chance to win the series.

The problem for the Cavs vs. the Spurs is the Cavs bigs have virtually no chance against the Spurs bigs and the Spurs shoot pretty well from outside as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans SHOULD believe they have a chance to win the title because they do. They have the 3rd best team (by record) in the NBA and they have the best player in the NBA. So, they do have a chance.

You would take lebron over Curry as the best player in the league?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Cavs vs. the Spurs is the Cavs bigs have virtually no chance against the Spurs bigs and the Spurs shoot pretty well from outside as well.

I know what you are saying and I would have thought something like that also. But LA only scored 6 & 15 points in the two games ... and Duncan only scored 9 ... when he sat the 2nd game West scored 8. Kevin Love had two double doubles and TT averaged a double double.

LA is playing better now -- but it didn't show in reg. season.

From regular season games, Tony Parker was the key to beating the Cavs the first game. A big matchup is they have Leonard to match up with Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Curry and Westbrook both over lebron at the moment. With Leonard and Durant almost on par!

I wouldn't take Westbrook over Lebron. Only player I would take over Lebron is Curry.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you have Wiggy to thank for that honestly. We have to balance this out with the homerism.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would take lebron over Curry as the best player in the league?

Right now and maybe next year? Yes. After that, probably not. As great as Curry is, Lebron's all around game, combined with his size and strength still puts him just a little ahead of Curry, imo. If nothing else is working, Lebron can still post up and use his size and strength, Curry doesn't have that option.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying and I would have thought something like that also. But LA only scored 6 & 15 points in the two games ... and Duncan only scored 9 ... when he sat the 2nd game West scored 8. Kevin Love had two double doubles and TT averaged a double double.

LA is playing better now -- but it didn't show in reg. season.

From regular season games, Tony Parker was the key to beating the Cavs the first game. A big matchup is they have Leonard to match up with Lebron.

The regular season doesn't mean much in the playoffs when the game slows down and becomes more physical. Plus, based on what both LA and Pop have said, LA is just now getting comfortable in the Spurs system.

Think about that for a minute. The Spurs just set their team record for wins in the regular season (64), are on pace for the 4th best record in league history and LA is just now getting comfortable. That should scare the shit out of every other team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not what I'd consider a great chance because of how much better the Warriors and Spurs are than the rest of the league. But they do have a chance. Since the league is going to make them play the games anyway, I'd expect the Cavs will show up and try to win.

I honestly think too, that they may have a better chance against the Warriors than they do the Spurs. I think the Cavs match up a little better with the Warriors. The Warriors have shown that if their outside shot isn't falling, they struggle a bit. If they have a couple of games where the outside shot isn't falling and Lebron has a couple of games where he decides to show everyone that he's still the best player, the Cavs have a chance to win the series.

Agreed.

I'm not delusional enough to think the Cavs have a great chance of winning it all. But they have a chance and as a fan I'm hopeful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When will the trainers for the Cavs figure out that Always Injured Irving needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap before each game to avoid injury?:noidea: Shit even Greg Oden thinks The Injured One is injury prone.:L

Status
Not open for further replies.