• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's going to be the one that's gone this offseason should the Cavs lose. Love is being sorely misused for the salary he's making. The games that Kyrie hasn't played, the Cavs actually look well balanced. Like I said, let's see what team Wiggy hops to once his boy is trading.

Over/under 500 words on Wiggys reply?

I'm getting ready to turn back the clock.
All day 80s rockfest.

Love it or will regret it?
Votes please.
Should at least see 2nd half of Heat game which helps.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All day 80s rockfest.

Votes please.

Over

Is there a double down option?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's going to be the one that's gone this offseason should the Cavs lose. Love is being sorely misused for the salary he's making. The games that Kyrie hasn't played, the Cavs actually look well balanced. Like I said, let's see what team Wiggy hops to once his boy is trading.
I mean- i understand this is your opinion- and thats fine. Its just not based in any kind of reality.

If you would like to make a bet on whether Irving stays or goes I would be willing. You think the Cavs are going to lose- so why not?

First month of next season- if Kyrie is gone- you pick my avatar- if not I pick yours. deal?

Ill even try and help you out a little bit- LeBron James calls Kyrie Irving 'automatic All-Star' after Cavs beat Wall's Wizards

Draymond Green thought Kyrie Irving made East All-Stars; players shocked Cleveland Cavaliers didn't get Kevin Love in

I am just saying- thats the perception of Kyrie's game around the league- and obviously LeBron thinks the world of him. Not only that- but he is one of the most marketable players in the game- and is on one of the best contracts in the entire league.

As David Griffin said- no one is untouchable- but i couldnt even begin to conceive of a what a package that would even get them to consider it would look for Kyrie. A 3 time 24 year old All Star on a GREAT contract- pretty much one of the most valuable assets in the entire game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i understand this is your opinion- and thats fine. Its just not based in any kind of reality.

If you would like to make a bet on whether Irving stays or goes I would be willing. You think the Cavs are going to lose- so why not?

First month of next season- if Kyrie is gone- you pick my avatar- if not I pick yours. deal?

Ill even try and help you out a little bit- LeBron James calls Kyrie Irving 'automatic All-Star' after Cavs beat Wall's Wizards

Draymond Green thought Kyrie Irving made East All-Stars; players shocked Cleveland Cavaliers didn't get Kevin Love in

I am just saying- thats the perception of Kyrie's game around the league- and obviously LeBron thinks the world of him. Not only that- but he is one of the most marketable players in the game- and is on one of the best contracts in the entire league.

As David Griffin said- no one is untouchable- but i couldnt even begin to conceive of a what a package that would even get them to consider it would look for Kyrie. A 3 time 24 year old All Star on a GREAT contract- pretty much one of the most valuable assets in the entire game.

Perception is meaningless.
Results speak for themself.
James plays for rings only.
If the same group is 0-2, and can't add any meaningful pieces, there's no readon to think the result will change next year and especially when tons of other teams can add pieces.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All day 80s rockfest.

Votes please.

What bands?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie may not go anywhere, but if the Cavs don't win it, they aren't going to be looking to stand pat either. They can't if they want to win a title.

The Cavs are in a position to where they have gone all in on trying to win a title now. Because of that, they have left themselves very little opportunity to significantly improve their team. That means that they are likely going to have to move a big piece.

We know that there is no way that they are going to trade Lebron. Outside of Lebron, Kyrie and Love, everyone else is a role player. They aren't going to be able to significantly improve their roster trading role players, which leaves Love or Kyrie.

So, assuming they don't win the title, which one do they try to trade?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie may not go anywhere, but if the Cavs don't win it, they aren't going to be looking to stand pat either. They can't if they want to win a title.

The Cavs are in a position to where they have gone all in on trying to win a title now. Because of that, they have left themselves very little opportunity to significantly improve their team. That means that they are likely going to have to move a big piece.

We know that there is no way that they are going to trade Lebron. Outside of Lebron, Kyrie and Love, everyone else is a role player. They aren't going to be able to significantly improve their roster trading role players, which leaves Love or Kyrie.

So, assuming they don't win the title, which one do they try to trade?

Depends on the return.

All hypothetical of course.....

If they trade Kyrie, it needs to be for Chris Paul.

If they trade Love.....Cousins.

Cousins could play next to Tristan.

The problem with the last scenario, Cousins would have a SEIZURE if he was reduced to 3rd option behind a ball hogging Kyrie and Love would need to be resuscitated when he finds out he has been traded to a smaller market that is mired in dysfunction and losing.

Love would be longing for the days of Minnesota.

Yes, Cleveland is a small market. But, not so much when they have one of the biggest fish in the pound, Lebron.

Plus, winning makes it more bearable.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From Cavs/Hawks game last night -- some things that did not look good:

At crunchtime (or at end of quarters, etc) -- Lebron still holds the ball out top -- wait until 5 seconds on shot clock and then takes a tough jumper most of the time.

Kyrie's defense on Teague wasn't good. I could see Cavs sitting Kyrie for key D possessions and playing Iman or Delly. (Tony P or Steph are tough matchups.) Iman/Delly play very good defense.

Kevin Love was involved nicely in the offense -- but most weren't set plays or postups. (just pick & pops or wait at 3 point line for a 3)

The Cavs seemed confused on inbounds plays with the ball at least twice. They players were looking to the bench and never ended up even running a play.

I really haven't seen offense (running plays ... movement) or defense with Lue taking over. (he has had enough time to make an impact)

The Cavs are still a really good team -- which is why they won.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. This team quit. Dude just caught the ball out of bounds on purpose when it would have been out on nova

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Wiggy actually thinks the Cavs stand a chance to win the title?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Wiggy actually thinks the Cavs stand a chance to win the title?

How ridiculous would that be!? A fan of a team in first place thinking they have any chance at a title??

LOL, amirite?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ridiculous would that be!? A fan of a team in first place thinking they have any chance at a title??

LOL, amirite?

They have a small chance.

I don't have a problem with you guys believing in your Team.

I just don't think they can beat the Spurs nor the Warriors.

But, I guess time will tell.

I'm gonna do my best to tone down my anti-Cavs rhetoric because I honestly don't have an issue with your Team.

I think Kyrie is a bit too me first, and Kevin needs to man up.

But, they are the third best Team in the NBA.

I can't speak for anyone else. But, for me...most of the negative stuff I say about your Team is a direct response to some homer shit that Wiggyruss has posted.

That's not fair to the other Cavs fans. So, I will trrrrrrrrrrrry to refrain.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a small chance.

I don't have a problem with you guys believing in your Team.

I just don't think they can beat the Spurs nor the Warriors.

But, I guess time will tell.

I'm gonna do my best to tone down my anti-Cavs rhetoric because I honestly don't have an issue with your Team.

I think Kyrie is a bit too me first, and Kevin needs to man up.

But, they are the third best Team in the NBA.

I can't speak for anyone else. But, for me...most of the negative stuff I say about your Team is a direct response to some homer shit that Wiggyruss has posted.

That's not fair to the other Cavs fans. So, I will trrrrrrrrrrrry to refrain.

For me it's because lebron genuinely makes the Cavs the most unlikeable sports franchise in American pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.