• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CAVS defense has really regressed under Lue.
They occasionally play good defense, but they seem to rely on outscoring opponents now.

They are something like 17th in defense the last 2 months....when they were a top 3 defense under Blatt.

The overall season defensive numbers are blended and they hide a steady decline in defense under Lue.
That should concern me more than losing the #1 seed.

No team ever wins without a top ten defense.

They need to fix their defense, or they are not winning anything.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CAVS defense has really regressed under Lue.
They occasionally play good defense, but they seem to rely on outscoring opponents now.

They are something like 17th in defense the last 2 months....when they were a top 3 defense under Blatt.

The overall season defensive numbers are blended and they hide a steady decline in defense under Lue.
That should concern me more than losing the #1 seed.

No team ever wins without a top ten defense.

They need to fix their defense, or they are not winning anything.

Cavs are 13th in defensive efficiency since ASB. Warriors are 11th since ASB.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to debate the minute details and just find reasons to bash Cleveland.

But, Their defense is obviously not even close to the same defense now.
Last year, their defense kept improving down the stretch which they rode to a finals run.

I was just guessing....but I did look it up.

They were 9th if FG% and 5th in defensive efficiency under Blatt. (30-11 record)
They are 19th in FG% and 15th in defensive efficiency under Lue. (19-9 record)

Lebron has always been able to turn it on in the playoffs, because he played for smothering defensive teams.
I just don't think this Cavs teams has the defense right now.

They do have 13 games to get back on track.
I would never write them off. They are still the likely Eastern winner. But, the defensive decline is very apparent.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the fact that Kyrie can't even guard his own shadow and Love is a mental midget will be the Cavs downfall.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs record after 20th loss:

2015: 19 - 20
2016: 49 - 20

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what????? cmon man!!! dont give us a stat that brings any levity and sanity!!!!

OVERREACT!

GLOOM AND DOOM!

WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!!!

lol....cmon..havent you been listening to the media?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

biggest difference?

LeBron looks like the dominant player that we have all come to know this year....last year? LAYUPS on unguarded fast-breaks....this year? TOMAHAWKS? last year? giving up on opponent fast breaks- this year? CHASE DOWNS...

gotta say- last year- ESPECIALLY pre-him-sitting-out...i was worried that we got LeBron minus a significant portion of his athleticism....

those fears have been put to bed in a big way this year.

you just know LEBron wants to flip this narrative on his head about Curry and himself....

all it would take is for LeBron to win the Finals for it to be totally put on its head and for him to regain the Crown and have everyone back track and say--- ya know- it was probably pretty premature to look passed LeBron- an absolute freak of nature that we have never seen before or likely to see again----- for a 6 foot 3 dude that can shoot real nice... ;) (oh and HERE it comes....CANT WAIT for a HEat/Cavs series- and then hopefully a Cavs/Warriors series).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say they were playing better ball last Feb-March then they have this Feb/March.
Overall record means nothing but is a convenient stat to use because they were so bad the first half of last season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the cavs defense been shit since lue took over. This didn't just start after the break. It started when blatt was fired.

Lue was the Cavs' defensive coordinator for 1 ½ seasons under Blatt, but when he was promoted he took more of an interest in the team's offense to create a quicker pace.

Lue hired his former colleague and recently dismissed Phoenix assistant Mike Longabardi to run the Cavs' defense. It hasn't been good.

According to statistics available on NBA.com, the Cavs are 19th in the NBA in defensive field-goal percentage (45.9 percent) and 14th in defensive rating under Lue (Longabardi was hired after two games).

Under Blatt (and Lue, as defensive coordinator), Cleveland was ninth in opponent's shooting (44.0 percent) and fifth in rating.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what????? cmon man!!! dont give us a stat that brings any levity and sanity!!!!

OVERREACT!

GLOOM AND DOOM!

WE HAVE NO CHANCE!!!!

lol....cmon..havent you been listening to the media?

You have the same chance you always had as long as James is healthy.
I do think though, that some teams in the East will go into series with you believing they can win vs hoping they can win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they were playing better ball last Feb-March then they have this Feb/March.
Overall record means nothing but is a convenient stat to use because they were so bad the first half of last season.

Using that stat is pretty lame. Everyone in the world knew the Cavs would not get off to a slow start as they did last season and would obviously finish with a better record this season. Pretty irrelevant if you ask me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look up petty in the dictionary there is a picture of Lebron James.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really cant get the taste of lebrons balls outta your mouth can u? its been 2 years....cmon now

Let's talk about the game on Saturday. Are you man enough to do that yet or will you continue to act like a game was not played?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about the game on Saturday. Are you man enough to do that yet or will you continue to act like a game was not played?
talk about what? you won a home game in March with the Cavs playing a road/road back to back?!

WHOOOPEEE

i know you lack the cojones to even consider backing your Heat in a Cavs/Heat playoff series- so if you DO decide to grow a pair- let me know. Until then- keep enjoying your March victory- and being obsessed with LeBron's every move. Let us know when next time he picks a wedgie out of his ass ok? lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about what? you won a home game in March with the Cavs playing a road/road back to back?!

WHOOOPEEE

i know you lack the cojones to even consider backing your Heat in a Cavs/Heat playoff series- so if you DO decide to grow a pair- let me know.

There you go. I was waiting for the predictable lame back to back excuse lmao. Sorry but playing on a back to back does not mean you should be down 33 midway through the 3rd quarter

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHOOOPEEE

i know you lack the cojones to even consider backing your Heat in a Cavs/Heat playoff series- so if you DO decide to grow a pair- let me know. Until then- keep enjoying your March victory- and being obsessed with LeBron's every move. Let us know when next time he picks a wedgie out of his ass ok? lol.

You need to stop being a bitch. If the Cavs had done to the Heat, what the Heat did to the Cavs, you'd be putting up post after post about how much better the Cavs are and how anyone and everyone who gave them any kind of chance against the Cavs is completely delusional.

In fact, you've posted that kind of shit after the Heat have lost to teams besides the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHOOOPEEE

It was more then that and you know it.
You really think James wanted to be 0 for 2 years in Miami since he left?
You really think the Cavs weren't hoping for a much different outcome ( secretly planning ) starting Love at C and playing small ball?

When the Cavs beat Boston in November, your here telling us they sent a message.
When the Cavs beat the Clippers, we need to hear they 'are rolling'.
Just man up and admit they took an ass whipping which was about equal to what the Warriors did to them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHOOOPEEE

I'll take the Heat vs the Cavs in a series bet if you'll take the Cavs vs the field in another.

Status
Not open for further replies.