• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well.....uhhhh...the difference between 61 wins (which i predict) and 53 wins- is fairly significant....8 wins is about 10% of the schedule...so yah- thats a pretty significant improvement- and would give them the best mark in the conference both THIS year and LAST year and the Year before that...

if the Cavs end up with 61 wins- it would give them the most wins in the East over the last 3 seasons...id say thats pretty solid.

Cavs were around .500 after 40 games last year, which was insanely bad,
They are on pace this year for what was reasonably accepted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were around .500 after 40 games last year, which was insanely bad,
They are on pace this year for what was reasonably accepted.
when you say "reasonably expected" -what you really mean is the best record in the EAstern Conference any of the last 3 years. COOL.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

who in the East besides the Cavs has any fire power?

The Bulls - if healthy- but the Cavs handled the Bulls and embarassed them on their home court last year

The Hawks- Cavs swept them 4-0 outta the playoffs last year when they were WAY better- all they did was lose Carroll and now lost splitter to injury as well

The Celtics simply dont have NEAR the firepower

none of these teams has a prayer of pushing a series to 7. and it would take immense luck just to get to 6.

Heat has plenty of firepower with this new lineup and pace, but that doesn't mean they would necessarily beat or lose to a few of the teams who will be in the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you say "reasonably expected" -what you really mean is the best record in the EAstern Conference any of the last 3 years. COOL.

Yeah.
I figured they would win 3/4 of there games.
60 is what was expected.
What was there O/U in Vegas?
I'll bet right around there.

And, total wins is a but watered down stat these days because teams rest players down the stretch, which didn't happen not too long ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
I figured they would win 3/4 of there games.
60 is what was expected.
What was there O/U in Vegas?
I'll bet right around there.

And, total wins is a but watered down stat these days because teams rest players down the stretch, which didn't happen not too long ago.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? What Cavs players have "taken a step back" this year?
All of them. Irving looks like a shell of himself, Love looks clueless, LBJ isn't the same(now I know he will be at a different level come playoff time), TT doesn't even looks close to what he was last year, Moz is pathetic so on and so on.

Then throw in another 1st year Head coach with no HC experience.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well.....uhhhh...the difference between 61 wins (which i predict) and 53 wins- is fairly significant....8 wins is about 10% of the schedule...so yah- thats a pretty significant improvement- and would give them the best mark in the conference both THIS year and LAST year and the Year before that...

if the Cavs end up with 61 wins- it would give them the most wins in the East over the last 3 seasons...id say thats pretty solid.
I agree that would be pretty solid IF they can do that. But, they aren't there yet so you can't fairly use that as a measure of whether or not they've gotten better-at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them. Irving looks like a shell of himself, Love looks clueless, LBJ isn't the same(now I know he will be at a different level come playoff time), TT doesn't even looks close to what he was last year, Moz is pathetic so on and so on.

Then throw in another 1st year Head coach with no HC experience.
Irving? Irving was fucking unreal in February. Of course Irving wasnt at his best towards the end of December and January coming off missing training camp and nearly 2 months of the season.

Love is one of like 6 guys in the league averaging a double double. I think hes playing better then he did last year- at least for stretches- his game against OKC a week or two ago was one of the best all around games ive seen him play.

LeBron looks WAY healthier than last year- I have seen so many more dunks and crazy plays then i did last year- or even his last year with the Heat.

Mecca is right on Mozgov- he definitely has taken a step back.

Thompson- has definitely gotten better

Delly- HUGELY improved

Shumpert has been excellent defensively but has taken a step back offensively

Mo Williams, Channing Frye, Richard Jefferson is an immense upgrade over Shawn Marion, Kendrick Perkins and Mike Miller.

Lue actually knows what he was doing- but he was effectively the coach a lot of times last year anyway...lol...i dont think calling him a first year coach is COMPLETELY true

Cavs are definitely better this year.....and like i was saying- im sure its prob pretty close either way- but id doubt that Love/LeBron/Irving have shared the court for 82 games.......they are only gonna continue to get better as they keep meshing- and with Lue having a clue how to manage them- that should actually happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get butt hurt man. Im not bashing Cavs. They are still #1 in the East. They just aren't as good as last year. Its not a big deal. I mean Im a Bulls fan and I know my team has sucked ass.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get butt hurt man. Im not bashing Cavs. They are still #1 in the East. They just aren't as good as last year. Its not a big deal. I mean Im a Bulls fan and I know my team has sucked ass.
Well you're not gonna get that from Wiggy. He'd rather state his opinion as fact than admit to what's reality.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wiggy does not know how to do that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these cavs commentators are talking about Memphis, you would think Memphis is clearly one of the worse teams in basketball

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these cavs commentators are talking about Memphis, you would think Memphis is clearly one of the worse teams in basketball
Might even come across as taking credit away from Memphis, huh?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might want to hype them up some, with the Cavs down double digits at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.