• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue over Blatt

Jefferson over Marion- by a ton- Jefferson 40% 3pt shooter- stretch the floor...still active..

Mo Williams over ?- that PG was DECIMATEd in the Finals after Irving went down- Delly was exhausted and had to be hospitalized--- last year-a PG position that was Delly- and his backup was Shumpert with an arm he couldnt lift over his head in the Finals-- OR KI, Delly, Mo?-- HUGE roster upgrade their- especially with how Delly has improved this year.

Channing Frye or James Jones? UH yah....

Thompson is light years ahead of where he was at the beginning of last year from a maturity and winning plays aspect....Kyrie is a year older with more experience...Love is being used more how he SHOULD be used getting him the ball on the elbow which helps his value. LeBron is going to go into the post more which should help his game

-the natural improvment of the young guys
- the better coaching to put the stars in positions where they can thrive (Bron in the post, Love on the elbow more)
-the roster improvement - especially at the end of the roster substiting James Jones, No 3rd PG, Shawn Marion, Kendrick Perkins for Richard Jfferson, Mo Williams, Channing Frye
-the natural improvment from having these guys play together for a longer period of time- shit- i dont know if even now Love/Irving/Bron have shared the court for 82 games....

Boston and Toronto's total failure to upgrade their rosters
Miami possibly losing Bosh
Chicago's injuries
Hawks regression

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i was saying a few days ago- who can beat them in the East?

IF Toronto would have gotten a legit Pf- instead of Scola- id give them a little more of a chance- but it took Kyle Lowry to have the game of his life to beat the Cavs at home the other day....their talent has a ceiling- Lowry, DeRozan, Valncuinas is a solid top 3, but its not as if its great- and the rest of the roster is pretty ordinary

Boston has all the assets in the world to make a move but didnt-

A team headlined by Isiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley is simply not beating LeBron James in a series. No way.

Atlanta has taken a big step back this year. They shopped their entire team at the deadline, lost Carroll from last year.

Chicago has just been decimated by injuries- and as soon as i saw Rose playing well for a while- he of course pulled his hamstring- as we saw last year- Rose can still win you a game in a series- he just cant do it consistently. I love how Kevin Love matches up vs. Chicago and we missed that last year

Miami- if Miami does not have Bosh they are not even worth discussing- theres no chance.

I think the Cavs are BETTER than last year. I think they have a better coach, a better roster, and have played well together. They certainly are playing better as a team this year than last year.

They lost 2 games in the entire Eastern Conference Playoffs.....and were a LeBron James last second jumper from possibly being up 3-0 on the Warriors (albiet i total concede if the Cavs won game 1 there is no guarantee at all they win games 2 and 3 like they did)...

I just cant get from- losing 2 games in 3 series--- to pushing GOlden State with a team decimated by injuries to 6 games---- to saying the Cavs are more likely to lose pre-Finals than win the Finals. To me that just doesnt make sense and ignores all the evidence thats right in front of our faces.

If you can give me a legit reason why you think a team or teams in the East would have a prayer vs. the Cavs id love to listen. LeBron has not lost a series in the East since 2010....with Love, Irving, Thompson, Shumpert, Delly, Jefferson, Frye, Mo Williams, i just dont see them losing to anyone in the East more than once in a playoff series---- MAYBE TWICE if the Bulls get healthy.
Main reason Almost every player on the Cavs took a step backwards this year. 2nd reason U kind of helped me with is the Cavs lost only 2 games in the EC playoffs. I bet right now they lose more then that this year because the East got better. Teams with a Shot to beat the Cavs are Raptors, Heat(like u said with bosh), Bulls(if healthy). Boston would be there if they got that 1 star player. They should of made a Big move. If they did they would be right there.

As a Bulls Fan I dont want to see the Cavs in rd 1 but to be honest Bulls best chance to beat them might be in rd 1 because the Cavs wont be on Fire and have that mojo going into that Series and plus it might be the most healthiest the Bulls might be in the Playoffs. It seems like every year we lose someone in the Playoffs. Last year if Gasol doesnt get hurt who knows maybe Bulls beat the Cavs. Bulls were 2-0 with Gasol healthy.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the Cavs are the #1 team in the East (in terms of their record) yet aren't even in the same tier as the #1(Warriors) or #2(SA) teams in the West. They're barely better than OKC-even with them blowing the most 4th quarter leads.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the Cavs are the #1 team in the East (in terms of their record) yet aren't even in the same tier as the #1(Warriors) or #2(SA) teams in the West.

I mean... the Spurs and Warriors are late in the season both with a chance to post the best record ever... so I don't think its that crazy.

In 70 years of the NBA a grand total of 86 teams have ever completed a season with a win % as high as the Cavs current % (.720). So the Cavs are having a great season... its just that the Spurs and Warriors are having historic seasons.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 games left for the Cavs- current record is 44-17....Im thinking the Cavs go 17-4 down the stretch....and finish at 61-21.....I believe at the beginning of the season i predicted 62 or 63 wins for the Cavs....

considering i never thought Kyrie would be out till darn near January- the firing of Blatt, Thompsons holdout, Shumperts injury, Mozgov regressing and battling his lingering knee surgery etc- i gotta say it looks pretty good.

The funny thing is- if the Warriors had 11 losses right now- the Cavs would be getting a TON more credit for their performance-- i understand though- the Warriors and Spurs have raised the bar and upped the pressure- this isnt a normal year for the NBA...there are 4 teams- Spurs, OKC, Clev, GSW that are all EXTREMELY talented good teams that in any normal year would be at LEAST finals favorites if not championship favorites.

A 60+ win season for the Cavs considering all that has gone on is pretty darn good- ESPECIALLY if they really have it all come together the next 21 games.......

there arent very many good opponents left on the schedule either---

a road game in LA against the Clips,
a road game against the Jazz,
home game vs. the Mavs
road game vs. the Heat
2 road games against ATL
1 road game vs. Chicago

I think 17-4 and a 61 team is very attainable....might even be able to get 62-63 if they really come together- all though resting guys may become an issue at some point- especially if they wrap up the 1 seed.

Kind of weird, considering it was reported that Kyrie would be out until January and everyone on this board told you so.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh geez, herpa derpa. Even though every news outlet reported that Kyrie would be out until January after surgery to repair his fractured knee that occurred in June. I sure didn't think he'd be out until January. Gee jolly gosh! Go herp derp Cavs! - Wiggy (aka Dipshit)

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... the Spurs and Warriors are late in the season both with a chance to post the best record ever... so I don't think its that crazy.

In 70 years of the NBA a grand total of 86 teams have ever completed a season with a win % as high as the Cavs current % (.720). So the Cavs are having a great season... its just that the Spurs and Warriors are having historic seasons.
Well honestly my comparison was designed to show how both GS & SA have managed to get better this year compared to last year. I'm not so sure the Cavs have gotten better-at least to this point it's hard to tell. It looks more like they've pretty much stayed the same. There is still what, 21 games left? They ended last season 53-29 as the second seed. If they do better then the changes would've paid off.

On the flip side the expectation has been much higher. They have a Big 3- where all three guys are established players in the league and they're still having problems connecting on a consistent basis 60 games into the season. I would imagine a lot of that has to do with injuries to all three of them which have made it nearly impossible to establish some sort of chemistry. Add to that their bench disappears more than they come to play (most notably when LBJ does not played) and it could explain why they're only the 3rd best team in the league-with OKC right on their heels.

IMO, the only reason they're expected by many to still make the Finals is because all three of those other teams that are either better or equal to them are in the West. Imagine if OKC played in the East-or if a team in the East had the same record as the Cavs but a similar team to OKC. How many people would think the Cavs were a sure-in for winning the East?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh geez, herpa derpa. Even though every news outlet reported that Kyrie would be out until January after surgery to repair his fractured knee that occurred in June. I sure didn't think he'd be out until January. Gee jolly gosh! Go herp derp Cavs! - Wiggy (aka Dipshit)
reading is fun!!

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers will not rush his return from knee injury; he may not play until January, sources say

there was speculation that A. it was unlikely he would play in the home opener- and B. it was unlikely hed be out until january unless they were being extremely overprotective

if you actually READ and followed what happened- you would know that Kyrie Irving could have played over Thanksgiving if needed.

rving suffered a fractured kneecap during Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors that required surgery.

He was expected to be out only three to four months, which would have put him on the border of being ready to go for the opener. Now, team officials are more concerned with his long-term health.

"I'm honestly not putting a date on anything," Irving said in July. "People are going to put a date regardless. I'm just continuing to be on the journey I've been on, and that's continuing to get better every single day and rehabbing my leg."

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird, considering it was reported that Kyrie would be out until January and everyone on this board told you so.

This was all Wiggy heard at that time: :blah::blah::blah:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading is fun!!

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers will not rush his return from knee injury; he may not play until January, sources say

there was speculation that A. it was unlikely he would play in the home opener- and B. it was unlikely hed be out until january unless they were being extremely overprotective

if you actually READ and followed what happened- you would know that Kyrie Irving could have played over Thanksgiving if needed.

Common sense would dictate that the Cavs weren't going to rush him back, and playing in Thanksgiving would've been very optimistic. Everyone knew he wasn't going to play that early, except for you. Which is not surprising.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main reason Almost every player on the Cavs took a step backwards this year. 2nd reason U kind of helped me with is the Cavs lost only 2 games in the EC playoffs. I bet right now they lose more then that this year because the East got better. Teams with a Shot to beat the Cavs are Raptors, Heat(like u said with bosh), Bulls(if healthy). Boston would be there if they got that 1 star player. They should of made a Big move. If they did they would be right there.

As a Bulls Fan I dont want to see the Cavs in rd 1 but to be honest Bulls best chance to beat them might be in rd 1 because the Cavs wont be on Fire and have that mojo going into that Series and plus it might be the most healthiest the Bulls might be in the Playoffs. It seems like every year we lose someone in the Playoffs. Last year if Gasol doesnt get hurt who knows maybe Bulls beat the Cavs. Bulls were 2-0 with Gasol healthy.
who is better in the East than last year? The Cavs sweptt he Hawks-a60win- team last year--- the next closest? the 53 win Cavs.....( a win total the CAvs will EASILY eclipse this year)

who the heck is considerably better than last year? You think a Boston team that ADDED NO ONE besides Amir Johnson is considerably better than last year? How about Toronto that added no one besides DeMArre Carrol- a Raptors team that got SWEPT by the WIZARDS!!!!

The Bulls? I gotta say- the Bulls have looked like shit- and i only give them a punchers chance because they have 2 all stars in Gasol and Butler and a guy in Rose that can sometimes play like an all star.

how is the east better? can someoneg ive me a concrete reason why? Can someone tell me why they think the Celtics are even a SLIGHT threat to the Cavs? or how Toront is even a SLIGHt threat to the Cavs? or whoever else?

see- i actually go through and get specific with things--- like- Well- Toronto has a horrible PF position, got swept out of the playoffs last year pathetically and have added no one- or Boston got swept by th Cavs pathetically and addednooneor t- he Hawks won60 last year and shopped their whole team this trade deadline after getting embarassingly SWEPT last year

I just dont see how any of these teams has a snowballs chance in hell of winning 4 games against the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading is fun!!

rving suffered a fractured kneecap during Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors that required surgery.

He was expected to be out only three to four months, which would have put him on the border of being ready to go for the opener. Now, team officials are more concerned with his long-term health.

"I'm honestly not putting a date on anything," Irving said in July. "People are going to put a date regardless. I'm just continuing to be on the journey I've been on, and that's continuing to get better every single day and rehabbing my leg."

You can try to post all of this crap that you want trying to pretend you were right. The fact remains that everyone here told you he would be out until January, you said he wouldn't be and you were wrong.

Seems like you even lost a bet about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try to post all of this crap that you want. The fact remains that everyone here told you he would be out until January, you said he wouldn't be and you were wrong.
can you read? apparently not. Show me one news source that definitely had kyrie out till January--- the sources i just quoted--- which is the Cleveland.com article that EVERYONE quoted- seemed to think he had an outside chance of playing in the EFFING OPENER!!!!!!!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading is fun!!

If the reason he didn't come back early is related to his original injury I think that pretty much means those that said he'd play around Xmas were spot on. I'm pretty sure that timeline was based on medical opinions-hard to believe everyone who said that he'd be back around Xmas were lucky guessers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure of the answer but my guess is LeBron. Is that right?:noidea:
you mean the EC player of the month last month? On a team that is going to improve itsw in total from 53 to at least 60?

you mean the LeBron who was quoted a week or so ago stating he feels 10x better this year physically than last year? Who has more chase-down blocks this year than i have seen him have in the last 3 years combined?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you read? apparently not. Show me one news source that definitely had kyrie out till January--- the sources i just quoted--- which is the Cleveland.com article that EVERYONE quoted- seemed to think he had an outside chance of playing in the EFFING OPENER!!!!!!!

I can read well enough to know that everyone here told you he's be out until January, you said he wouldn't be and you were wrong as usual.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here told you he's be out until January, you said he wouldn't be. You were wrong.
well technically he came back in december so you were wrong.

maybe that was my imigination when he was playing Xmas day..maybe.. i was hallucinating that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the EC player of the month last month? On a team that is going to improve itsw in total from 53 to at least 60?

Well obviously my guess was incorrect. Let me think about it for a few minutes & I'll get back to you. Although my research will probably say that Tristan has taken a step back. If that ain't right I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.