• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.... 2014?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Watson won't have Ash running QB sneak. I'm looking forward to a greatly improved defense.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this year. Don't really know exactly what to expect, but I think we have a chance to be pretty good. If Ash stays healthy, OL comes together and defense is tougher, we could ruin some other teams' seasons.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this year. Don't really know exactly what to expect, but I think we have a chance to be pretty good. If Ash stays healthy, OL comes together and defense is tougher, we could ruin some other teams' seasons.

I totally agree. I think we all have to have patience. We are going to have some losses. If we could have a couple of big wins like Baylor and Oklahoma, that would be huge as far as moral and confidence in the program not only for our players, but also recruits.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. I think we all have to have patience. We are going to have some losses. If we could have a couple of big wins like Baylor and Oklahoma, that would be huge as far as moral and confidence in the program not only for our players, but also recruits.

Yep. I've been saying I think we have a 9-3 season. With OOC games vs UCLA and BYU, and then all the in conference games, that would be a very good first year under Strong.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, no one on this planet thinks less of Mack Brown's recruiting then me. Especially the last 3 or 4 years. I truly think most of it was just media hype.

With that said, qb recruiting is tough. Normally it's tough to get a good qb to come to your school when you already have a good qb. Even tougher when you have a great qb. These kids want to come in and play immediately. Not to bash Ash when he's down, but he really wasn't a super star. He's a decent qb. Could he have developed into a great qb, maybe, but the odds say the best would have ever become is a good qb. Right now, I would take that in a heartbeat, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I think Texas and the media projected Ash as being great. It the long run it hurt us getting a truly good qb with the ability to become great. Not impossible, but it hurt.

Personally, I think in the long run, Swoops is going to be just about as good as Ash. There's going to be growing pains. He needs experience, and he'll get it in a hurry over the next 5 or 6 games. We will see with Heard.

Btw, I see the same thing happening to ATM down the road. They seem to be the media darling in Texas right now. I would bet a small fortune you start to see them supposedly get every 5 star player on paper according to the media. Unfortunately, the game is played on grass. I'm not saying they don't have talent, but there's just no way you can keep getting superstars when you already supposedly have super stars. According to the papers that is.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Swoopes in the shotgun, one or two backs, some TEs and run the ball. Just move the chain, Swoopes. Then when they pack the box go deep.

I can live with this, if Raulerson can pick it up, and the defense plays like they did Saturday. Just kick some ass, and let the chips fall where they may.