• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Summer League

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I liked Bazemore as a teammate for the Dubs I don't think he had or has any of the Upside that Mcadoo has offensively. If and thats a big If, he develops he can be quite a presence inside and out. He's big, quick, can shoot and he looks like he has the skills for the pick and roll.
IMO he looks better then Armstrong already, but thats not saying much.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean Hilton Armstrong won't be back on the team, because he was a definition of 'yoyo" like Baze last year, up to pros then back down to Santa Cruz.

Armstrong's contract isn't guaranteed so he does not have a secured spot on the team. Could be possible Armstrong stays, if only because of the health concerns of Bogut, Ezeli, and if he comes back JO.

Armstrong should never be counted on anything other than spot minutes. He is what is he is.

McAdoo could essentially be a stash pick. He won't contribute, but they could sign him to a 2 or 3 year minimum deal and give him a year in the D-League to get more seasoning.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to also note that Justin Holiday has been balling. He's been getting a good chunk of minutes and has been doing pretty well. He's got good size and he's proving that he can get buckets. I'd venture to say he'll at the very least get a camp invite, if not a roster spot.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to also note that Justin Holiday has been balling. He's been getting a good chunk of minutes and has been doing pretty well. He's got good size and he's proving that he can get buckets. I'd venture to say he'll at the very least get a camp invite, if not a roster spot.

Holliday is probably playing his way off our team. No way we can keep him as a 14/15th man with the other bodies we want to keep.

I'd imagine, our biggest need is a 4/5 , given our history of injuries to big men.

(FE still recovering, D.Lee just had surgery, Bogut is going to go balls out and hurt himself in the 1st month).

Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Livingston just hard surgery, and Nedo looks better, but its SUmmer League after all.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holliday is probably playing his way off our team. No way we can keep him as a 14/15th man with the other bodies we want to keep.

I'd imagine, our biggest need is a 4/5 , given our history of injuries to big men.

(FE still recovering, D.Lee just had surgery, Bogut is going to go balls out and hurt himself in the 1st month).

Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Livingston just hard surgery, and Nedo looks better, but its SUmmer League after all.

I kind of saw the opposite. I thought Nedo really does not look good out there. He just doesn't do anything well enough to warrant playing time yet on an NBA team. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll be out of the league after his rookie contract is up.

As for Holiday, we do have a need for a backup 2 or someone who can score off the bench. Klay is the only real 2 we have on the roster. Livingston and Iguodala can play some spot minutes, but one more player for a backup 2 would be ideal. I think it's also why the Warriors are out scouting Brandon Rush again at his workout.

We have these guys locked up for roster spots right now:

PG: Curry, Livingston, Nedovic
SG: Thompson
SF: Iguodala, Barnes
PF: Lee, Green, Speights
C: Bogut, Ezeli, Armstrong, Kuzmic

That's 13 guys, with Armstron being non-guaranteed. I think they could use a backup wing as 14, and 15 should be a project player (McAdoo). Maybe a vet minimum like Rush could make his way on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of saw the opposite. I thought Nedo really does not look good out there. He just doesn't do anything well enough to warrant playing time yet on an NBA team. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll be out of the league after his rookie contract is up.

I think Myers blew it on this one. They desperately needed a backup pg last year, so drafting an undersized 2 guard, with an average outside shot, and very little point guard DNA seems like an odd decision in retrospect. Not sold on this guy at all.....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Myers blew it on this one. They desperately needed a backup pg last year, so drafting an undersized 2 guard, with an average outside shot, and very little point guard DNA seems like an odd decision in retrospect. Not sold on this guy at all.....

Agree with this. To be fair to Myers, this was a swing for the fences type of pick. If you look at the 2nd round there really were not any players to be had after Nedo.

The best case scenario was to save the allotted cash they send for trades to use to get someone in this years draft class. Hindsight is 20/20, but Nedo so far does not look the part of an NBA player to me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myers was looking at Nedo more as an athlete (and he's a damn good one) than a Basketball player. Potential type pick.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree. I don't really care for Nedo's game at this point. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well accept maybe getting to the basket, but then he doesn't finish well.

I also agree that Holliday looks like he has improved big time from playing overseas and has a lot of confidence to his game. He also looks like he could take Klay's spot on the defensive end of the floor.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thing is, besides AI#9, maybe Livingston, and possibly Steph (when he's not chucking 3's), which other Dub has shown the willingness to drive to the hole and get fouled? Nedo, although not very good at much else, has shown he is capable of atleast driving to the hole. Finishing is another story.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore has a few offers out there. He doesn't need to be on any summer league roster and will most likely be offered a 2-year deal, over the minimum.

Likewise Barnes does not need to be on the summer league roster. Any real rotational players never need to play in the summer league.

I'll be very interested to seeing the progress of Ezeli and Nedo. Kuzmic is a big body, but I'm just not sure he has the athleticism to be an impact player in the NBA.

One guy I think that could have a good shot of making the roster is James Michael McAdoo. He was a bit inconsistent in college, but at one point was a projected lottery pick by many draft experts. He stayed in school and his stock subsequently dropped. McAdoo has size and is pretty skilled with the ball. I think he could easily find a spot on this roster.

Another guy I think Kerr(who is coaching the SL team) will love is Aaron Craft. I just have a feeling that Kerr will love what he brings and will feature him a bit more than he'll probably deserve. He doesn't have the size that Myers and Lacob love so I think he's more of a longshot to make the team.

Looks like Kerr did love what he saw from Aaron Craft. Warriors have signed him to a partially guaranteed contract with a camp invitation. With Nedo out with a stress fracture he might find his way on to the squad.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched every Dubs Summer league game and I really didn't see much in Aaron Craft. He's a big time hustle guy, but other then that he looks average to below average in all other area's especially offensively.
Saying that I would take Kerr's assessment over mine so hopefully he's right.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore has a few offers out there. He doesn't need to be on any summer league roster and will most likely be offered a 2-year deal, over the minimum.

Likewise Barnes does not need to be on the summer league roster. Any real rotational players never need to play in the summer league.

I'll be very interested to seeing the progress of Ezeli and Nedo. Kuzmic is a big body, but I'm just not sure he has the athleticism to be an impact player in the NBA.

One guy I think that could have a good shot of making the roster is James Michael McAdoo. He was a bit inconsistent in college, but at one point was a projected lottery pick by many draft experts. He stayed in school and his stock subsequently dropped. McAdoo has size and is pretty skilled with the ball. I think he could easily find a spot on this roster.

Another guy I think Kerr(who is coaching the SL team) will love is Aaron Craft. I just have a feeling that Kerr will love what he brings and will feature him a bit more than he'll probably deserve. He doesn't have the size that Myers and Lacob love so I think he's more of a longshot to make the team.

So far the only guys from Summer League the Warriors have signed have been McAdoo and Craft.

Not to toot my own horn, but I kinda nailed it. That is all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt and Holiday have now been signed. I personally thought Watt was a better player than McAdoo when it came to the bigs. These guys are likely just filler anyway.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt and Holiday have now been signed. I personally thought Watt was a better player than McAdoo when it came to the bigs. These guys are likely just filler anyway.

I liked what I saw from Holiday in the summer league. He looks like he could eventually be a solid backup type wing player.