• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - so far

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some random thoughts ... because it's 8:30am and I'm bored. So far this year reminds me of how I felt during the 2010 season. TORTURE! and more torture. I will admit that I enjoy being on the edge with this team. In 2010 I think I once looked at all of our losses and realized that in 25% of them we only gave up 3 or less runs. Great pitching with an offense that was just squeezing by. This year seems the same. 8 losses and 11 wins. 5 one run losses. 4 losses where we only gave up 3 or less runs. The torture is back. As long as we replicate our 2010 season .... I'll take the torture and love every minute of it.

It also shows how much we missed Pagan last year. IMHO he is the key to our offense. He hits we win. He gets hurt we're in trouble. Hudson looks to be a great pickup so far. So does Morse. Cain seems to have found is form ... also seemed to find his 'old luck' .... which was none!. Brings back our phrase of getting 'Cained'. Still, he is pitching good. Bum is Bum and doinfg what we all expected. Voggy is still questionabkle. Last staert looked pretty go. But only one 'pretty good' so far. Timmy is still a mystery to me. Looks great for awhile and then seems to just lose it. Seems to have problems getting past the 5th inning. Need something from him and Voggy if we are to have another 2010 year. The pen is again one of the reasons we've got a winning record.

Panda and Pence. Not much to be said. They need to wake up. Playing 11-8 ball with them both in a mini-slump is a real credit to our pitching. Shades of 2010. They have been picked up by Belt and Morse. Buster is struggling somewhat but we all know he will come around and when he does he will be a force.

2014 .... so far it's been good .... holding our own during a very tough part of our schedule. Pitching is starting to really show its strength. Just wait till the offense starts hitting ..... then again .... what would the Giants be without torture!