• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Redskins FAs

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below is a list of all of our own FAs entering this offseason. Who do we bring back? I've put a y for yes and an n for no to represent who I would bring back.

Josh Morgan - N
London Fletcher - N
Santana Moss -N
Josh Wilson - N
Brian Orakpo - Y
Brandon Meriweather - Y
Fred Davis - N
EJ Biggers - Y
Reed Doughty - Y
Chris Baker - Y
DeAngelo Hall - Y
Rex Grossman - N
Nick Barnett - N
Darryl Tapp - Y
Perry Riley - Y
Bryan Kehl - Y
Rob Jackson - Y
Dezmon Briscoe -N
Jose Gumbs - N

Remember, signing our own FAs will eat into our $30+M cap space, limiting our ability to sign outside FAs. Of course, some of this is dependent upon what they draw in the open market. For example, I have a no on Wilson. But if he gets no interest and we can sign him for a small 1 year contract (say $1-1.5M), he is a good value at that price, for a back up if no other reason. This would not preclude us from signing another vet CB from another team.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below is a list of all of our own FAs entering this offseason. Who do we bring back? I've put a y for yes and an n for no to represent who I would bring back.

Josh Morgan - N
London Fletcher - N
Santana Moss -N
Josh Wilson - N
Brian Orakpo - Y
Brandon Meriweather - Y
Fred Davis - N
EJ Biggers - N
Reed Doughty - Y
Chris Baker - Y
DeAngelo Hall - Y
Rex Grossman - N
Nick Barnett - N
Darryl Tapp - N
Perry Riley - Y
Bryan Kehl - N
Rob Jackson - Y
Dezmon Briscoe -N
Jose Gumbs - Y

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just'meriweather orackpo reily and hall. Everybody else get the freak out

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just'meriweather orackpo reily and hall. Everybody else get the freak out

Baker has played well....what about Doughty?? He isnt the best starter, but he does his job when called on and he is a good Special teamer....We need those teams guys too!!! jackson as well for teams, and some good insurance for a rak injury?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. some of these guys are just depth and STs players. But you have to have 20 or so of those guys on your team. So if you cut the likes of Doughty or Biggers, you have to replace them. Both of those guys are adequate backups that play STs well and are relatively cheap. Doughty is also very respected in the locker room. He was voted a Captain, after all. That's why you have to keep some of these guys.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Morgan - N
London Fletcher - N
Santana Moss -N
Josh Wilson - N
Brian Orakpo - Y
Brandon Meriweather - Y
Fred Davis - N
EJ Biggers - Y
Reed Doughty - Y
Chris Baker - Y
DeAngelo Hall - Y
Rex Grossman - N
Nick Barnett - N
Darryl Tapp - Y
Perry Riley - Y
Bryan Kehl - Y
Rob Jackson - Y
Dezmon Briscoe -N
Jose Gumbs - N

Remember, signing our own FAs will eat into our $30+M cap space, limiting our ability to sign outside FAs. Of course, some of this is dependent upon what they draw in the open market. For example, I have a no on Wilson. But if he gets no interest and we can sign him for a small 1 year contract (say $1-1.5M), he is a good value at that price, for a back up if no other reason. This would not preclude us from signing another vet CB from another team.

morgan N contract can be voided after this season which means he could be brought back at lower cost
LBF N he is done
moss N but he could be brought back at lower cost
wilson N to small and weak to play in the scheme i want
Rak Y best defender we have
merriweather N injury prone , perhaps at reduced salary
davis N he has quit ion the team no role for him
biggers N no role for him
doughty Y but concussions could end career
Baker Y but at a low cost
hall Y but his best days are gone so for a one year deal
Rex N unless you trade KC
barnett Y bring to camp and let him and robinson battle it out
Tapp N replacement is on the roster
Riley Y he is one of our starters
Kiehl Y
jackson N replacement is on the roster but if he comes cheap i would consider it
Briscoe Y bring him to camp at low cost
jose gumbs Y bring him to camp

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan is definitely gone. There is no way he comes back at 10 mil and he is sour about how he has been used this season.
LFB is done.
Moss should be done as well. We need to find a true slot. I'd look at Edelman and see how much he's going to cost.
Wilson is not a bad third corner. I'm with you Dad about bigger CBs. WRs are becoming bigger, stronger, faster and that's exactly what CBs need to be. That being said, I'd offer him a very low contract.
RAK should be back between 6 and 7 mil/season.
Merriweather is a good S when healthy but should not be given much in guarantees.
Davis couldn't be a bigger HELL NO.
Biggers I'd consider at close to 1 mil/season.
Doughty and Baker are definites. They are cheap, quality depth. Doughty is good on STs.
Hall has balled this entire season. I'm not sure why you think his best days are behind him Dad. I think we should sign him for three years but only between 3 and 4 mil/season.
Rex, Tapp, and Barnett are no. They are old and youth gives us as much but cheaper.
Riley may be the second most important resign we have after RAK.
Kiehl and Gumbs should be brought to camp.
Briscoe is a hell no.
Jackson if he comes back at about 2 mil/season...sure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan is definitely gone. There is no way he comes back at 10 mil and he is sour about how he has been used this season.
LFB is done.
Moss should be done as well. We need to find a true slot. I'd look at Edelman and see how much he's going to cost.
Wilson is not a bad third corner. I'm with you Dad about bigger CBs. WRs are becoming bigger, stronger, faster and that's exactly what CBs need to be. That being said, I'd offer him a very low contract.
RAK should be back between 6 and 7 mil/season.
Merriweather is a good S when healthy but should not be given much in guarantees.
Davis couldn't be a bigger HELL NO.
Biggers I'd consider at close to 1 mil/season.
Doughty and Baker are definites. They are cheap, quality depth. Doughty is good on STs.
Hall has balled this entire season. I'm not sure why you think his best days are behind him Dad. I think we should sign him for three years but only between 3 and 4 mil/season.
Rex, Tapp, and Barnett are no. They are old and youth gives us as much but cheaper.
Riley may be the second most important resign we have after RAK.
Kiehl and Gumbs should be brought to camp.
Briscoe is a hell no.
Jackson if he comes back at about 2 mil/season...sure.

hall is 30 , i doubt he has another PB season in him he is stop gap material

i have jackson's replacement on the roster in jenkins so i wont pay him 2 mil a season maybe a mil

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hall is 30 , i doubt he has another PB season in him he is stop gap material

i have jackson's replacement on the roster in jenkins so i wont pay him 2 mil a season maybe a mil

I'm normally the one that says players in the 30s are on the way out. It's how Hall is playing that makes me think he can do another three years. He is playing with his brain and guys like Woodson and Bailey were making PBs in their 30s.

I'm a big fan of Jenkins but I think we can carry 4 OLBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm normally the one that says players in the 30s are on the way out. It's how Hall is playing that makes me think he can do another three years. He is playing with his brain and guys like Woodson and Bailey were making PBs in their 30s.

I'm a big fan of Jenkins but I think we can carry 4 OLBs.

halls history is he is up and down . i would count on him as a stop gap but would be thrilled if he was more

how is that ?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Orakpo - Y
Reed Doughty - Y
Chris Baker - Y
DeAngelo Hall - Y
Darryl Tapp - Y
Perry Riley - Y
Bryan Kehl - Y
Rob Jackson - Y

Doughty, and Baker are solid backups. Tapp has been great in run support. Hall has been playing at a pro bowl level and I believe I saw him at safety once or twice during the San Fran game. I could be wrong but he was covering Vernon Davis a few times and did ok.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get a good three years out of him.

At least 2. He is healthy and has never really had a serious injury. I'd give him a 3 year deal with the last year voidable.