• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darvish is done, then we're fucked. If he truly needs TJ, don't fuck around with it though. Do it now.

Here here to that!

Again, his contract isn't in the stratosphere of where Prince's is and what long term potential it has on the organization, both short and long term.

Darvish is locked in through 2017.

Since you have the medical knowledge, is a strain the same as a tear or what?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepesch! Time for you to prove it, boy! And I sure hope Jackson turns it around and quickly.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I really didn't think we would go to the postseason this year anyway so I guess if he has to miss one of the next 3 seasons this would be the best one to miss. I think this season is all about seeing what we have anyway. This allows one more young pitcher to show what he has before we are ready to make a WS push. I don't know if Chi Chi makes the team out of ST, but I strongly suspect he will be here by June.

The idea of this making him easier to extend makes sense as well.

Long term there is a silver lining or two here, but short term it makes a grown man want to cry.

I will not ever, ever, ever be persuaded again that an injury isn't worth worrying about. I always suspected as much anyway. I am still not sure Holland doesn't have a lot more wrong than they are saying or possibly even know of. Maybe Elvis as well.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty fucking way to start the weekend.

Cliff Lee back to Texas?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here here to that!

Again, his contract isn't in the stratosphere of where Prince's is and what long term potential it has on the organization, both short and long term.

Darvish is locked in through 2017.

Since you have the medical knowledge, is a strain the same as a tear or what?

The term is actually being used incorrectly here. Ligaments get sprained, tendons and muscles get strained. So it is actually a sprained UCL, which means it is at the very minimum over stretched, and most likely has at least microscopic tearing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I really didn't think we would go to the postseason this year anyway so I guess if he has to miss one of the next 3 seasons this would be the best one to miss. I think this season is all about seeing what we have anyway. This allows one more young pitcher to show what he has before we are ready to make a WS push. I don't know if Chi Chi makes the team out of ST, but I strongly suspect he will be here by June.

The idea of this making him easier to extend makes sense as well.

Long term there is a silver lining or two here, but short term it makes a grown man want to cry.

I will not ever, ever, ever be persuaded again that an injury isn't worth worrying about. I always suspected as much anyway. I am still not sure Holland doesn't have a lot more wrong than they are saying or possibly even know of. Maybe Elvis as well.
Bennie please. Enough bad news for today. Let tomorrow do it's thing.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those years pitching in Japan and he comes over here? It's like a given now. (just ranting)

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers Yu Darvish might have surgery, could miss season | Dallas Morning News

There are veterans available. Chris Young, who had a strong bounce back season for Seattle last year, is a free agent. The New York Mets have been willing to listen to offers for Dillon Gee, a former UT-Arlington star.

The Rangers will first look at Nick Tepesch, who was hit hard in his spring debut on Friday, Nick Martinez, Lisalverto Bonilla and former first-round pick Alex “Chi-Chi” Gonzalez.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mad-angry-rage-screaming-irate-pissed.jpg

This pretty much sums up my feelings.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they understated his injury in a quick attempt to test the waters for a trade and didn't get any interest.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers Yu Darvish might have surgery, could miss season | Dallas Morning News

There are veterans available. Chris Young, who had a strong bounce back season for Seattle last year, is a free agent. The New York Mets have been willing to listen to offers for Dillon Gee, a former UT-Arlington star.

The Rangers will first look at Nick Tepesch, who was hit hard in his spring debut on Friday, Nick Martinez, Lisalverto Bonilla and former first-round pick Alex “Chi-Chi” Gonzalez.
Chris Young gone. Just signed with the Royals.