• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it like really wrong to be a supporter of the Vols and Tigers?

You bet your ass it is! :pound: And my buddies from both give me a ration of shit - dependent on season - about it too. Justifiably of course.

But here's the deal. I went to Tennessee for 2 years, then transferred/graduated from Memphis. So my loyalties are somewhat split.

My remedy for this is, I cheer 100% for the Vols in football (even when playing Memphis) and 100% for Memphis in basketball (even when playing UT). Been this way for decades, so it's not gonna change.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain showers give Texas Rangers chance to utilize new tool | Dallas Morning News

I really like this.

“If we’re not on the field, the best place to learn is a classroom setting,” Banister said. “You can slow things down. You can have conversations to make sure there is clarity. We will have some classroom sessions.”

The classroom sessions, however, can help pitchers better grasp the club’s philosophy of pitching inside, getting ground balls and getting outs in three or less pitches. The position players can also go over cutoffs-and-relays in such a setting.

“We’re all different learners,” Banister said. “There are different ways of reaching different people. And we want to make sure we reach everybody in the best way we can.”

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain showers give Texas Rangers chance to utilize new tool | Dallas Morning News

I really like this.

“If we’re not on the field, the best place to learn is a classroom setting,” Banister said. “You can slow things down. You can have conversations to make sure there is clarity. We will have some classroom sessions.”

The classroom sessions, however, can help pitchers better grasp the club’s philosophy of pitching inside, getting ground balls and getting outs in three or less pitches. The position players can also go over cutoffs-and-relays in such a setting.

“We’re all different learners,” Banister said. “There are different ways of reaching different people. And we want to make sure we reach everybody in the best way we can.”
Really like his approach.:yes:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, and both of those contingents think the other is nuts. Both are way off base in my estimation.

I have found that those who think JD does everything wrong are a little more accepting of those of us whose ideas about JD lies somewhere between the two extremes. Not a lot, but some.

If every move works ... then you aren't pushing the risk envelope and missing opportunity for the move nobody else saw. You learn from mistakes and adjust. IMO JD and company win far more than they lose.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't it like really wrong to be a supporter of the Vols and Tigers?

Different conferences. Gives you the opportunity to plug whoever is doing better.

My wife is from Knoxville and our daughter went to UT for her undergrad and Memphis for her graduate degree. Now we live outside Little Rock. Good thing they sell those split allegiance license plates. Bright orange is still more acceptable in Arkansas than burnt orange.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You bet your ass it is! :pound: And my buddies from both give me a ration of shit - dependent on season - about it too. Justifiably of course.

But here's the deal. I went to Tennessee for 2 years, then transferred/graduated from Memphis. So my loyalties are somewhat split.

My remedy for this is, I cheer 100% for the Vols in football (even when playing Memphis) and 100% for Memphis in basketball (even when playing UT). Been this way for decades, so it's not gonna change.

Wise choice in your sport selections ... I'd agree.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Lady Vols basketball is far and away the most consistent quality winner at UT.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lady Vols basketball is far and away the most consistent quality winner at UT.

Anywhere else too for that matter. Did you know the Lady Vols are the only program in NCAA history to never NOT qualify for the NCAA tournament?

And some silly person (s) has decided to abandon the Lady Vols moniker!

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I copied and pasted the first line, so yes it did. It's been updated.

It might have said that at one point, but as of right now as I type this, it doesn't. So my point remains: the article isn't suggesting that those 4 pitchers will comprise the Rangers rotation in the future, just that they have a comradery among each other. Which is a good thing for them and the franchise (and something Banister is trying to emphasize with the current Big 4 as well).

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anywhere else too for that matter. Did you know the Lady Vols are the only program in NCAA history to never NOT qualify for the NCAA tournament?

And some silly person (s) has decided to abandon the Lady Vols moniker!

In all sports except basketball ...

You would think UT leadership would know something about the value of brand management. Likely some left wing political hack in the White House thinking it was sexist to define womens' teams as "Lady". Course ... I might agree that Lady Razorbacks isn't very esthetic. But fact that the Lady Vols Basketball Team keeps its name may be the turning point for our entire nation. :gaah:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen.......Please let's not get into a pissing contest over something this trivial.

It matters not......Justin made a good post. Leave it and let's chat Rangers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen.......Please let's not get into a pissing contest over something this trivial.

It matters not......Justin made a good post. Leave it and let's chat Rangers
Sure be glad when subject matter picks up and the fun begins.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure be glad when subject matter picks up and the fun begins.

Tired of reading articles, I'm ready to see some baseball action on the field

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have said that at one point, but as of right now as I type this, it doesn't. So my point remains: the article isn't suggesting that those 4 pitchers will comprise the Rangers rotation in the future, just that they have a comradery among each other. Which is a good thing for them and the franchise (and something Banister is trying to emphasize with the current Big 4 as well).

My original point remains too. These aren't the guys I think of when I think of the future Rangers ML pitching staff (besides Chi Chi). I also think the comparison to Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddox was a stretch and written as click bait.