• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, I ask the question. What exactly do you want the Rangers to do with him? Launch him to the sun. You made a paragraph long post, and still didn't answer the damn question!

So long story short, I think the Rangers should adjust the perspective on Profar and lower whatever ceiling they had him pegged at. Right now, whatever happens with him should be a bonus, not part of any plan for the future.

Is that not answering the question?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so it's like that. Petty, but I'll play along.

My answer to "what do the Rangers do with Profar?" is - at this point, I don't think they can count on him right now. For anything. Obviously they'll do what they can to get him healthy, but beyond that (which isn't a given), what sort of plan can they possibly have for him to contribute at the major league level? I've heard opinions that Profar could have been back on the Rangers as early as May depending on how he performed. But even then - and this really is paramount - he has missed an incredibly substantial and important amount of development ALREADY. And it's possible he could be doubling down on that.

So long story short, I think the Rangers should adjust the perspective on Profar and lower whatever ceiling they had him pegged at. Right now, whatever happens with him should be a bonus, not part of any plan for the future.

I'm sure "reasonable" is defined as "matching upwith your opinion", but frankly, I don't care.

That's different than your original stance of him being "done" and to "move on from him"... which is what got everyone saying "wtf"...

My stance is that he's 21 (22 tomorrow) and the Rangers have 4-5 years of control left with him. So do whatever they need to do to get him healthy and if it takes till 2017 for him to contribute -- then hell, he'll still only be 24! But saying he's done and to move on - when he's 21 and a former #1 prospect - seems a bit knee jerk...

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for your angst, how do you think or expect other posters would react on this forum when you say he's done and you just want to take your chanced on a talented infielder who is only 21 years old mind you?

Well, I suppose I should have considered the possibilty that this board was populated by the Jurickson Profar Fan Club.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's different than your original stance of him being "done" and to "move on from him"... which is what got everyone saying "wtf"...

My stance is that he's 21 (22 tomorrow) and the Rangers have 4-5 years of control left with him. So do whatever they need to do to get him healthy and if it takes till 2017 for him to contribute -- then hell, he'll still only be 24! But saying he's done and to move on - when he's 21 and a former #1 prospect - seems a bit knee jerk...

At least I've learned for next time, do not speak ill of Jurickson Profar on this board.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'm not expressing "angst" over Profar's latest setback. I'm expressing "angst" at being called out for "talking out of my ass" and people "losing respect for my baseball opinion" and crap like that. Personally, losing Profar for another year doesn't hurt the team because they were already having to shuffle the deck thanks to him already losing 2014. In other words, losing Profar means nothing to me because I wasn't expecting him to contribute anything in 2015 either, even if healthy.

As for your questions, Harrison yes, more so than anyone. Fielder not so much, already a lost year.

Why are you losing your head over losing Profar for this season then? His loss doesn't affect the team this year, as you admitted. So why are you freaking out about the Rangers going into a "holding pattern" when their plans weren't contingent on him being with the club this season anyways.

As for the part of your statement about expressing angst over your baseball knowledge being called into question; say stupid shit, expect to get called on it. That's how it goes around here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I've learned for next time, do not speak ill of Jurickson Profar on this board.

That's weak sauce, bud. That's not the issue and you know it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I suppose I should have considered the possibilty that this board was populated by the Jurickson Profar Fan Club.

Again, that's not the issue and you know it. Stop trying to deflect. The posters here took you to task because you said a 21 yr olds career was over because he needed minor shoulder surgery. That's the issue. Are you really that thick, or just that obstinant?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you losing your head over losing Profar for this season then? His loss doesn't affect the team this year, as you admitted. So why are you freaking out about the Rangers going into a "holding pattern" when their plans weren't contingent on him being with the club this season anyways.

As for the part of your statement about expressing angst over your baseball knowledge being called into question; say stupid shit, expect to get called on it. That's how it goes around here.

because I don't believe what I said was "stupid shit".

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that not answering the question?

Nothing unreasonable about that. But that doesn't gel with the first thing you said. You said, and I quote, "He's done period." That's why you're being taken to task here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because I don't believe what I said was "stupid shit".

You said a 21 year olds career was over because he's having minor shoulder surgery. There's no other way to describe it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing unreasonable about that. But that doesn't gel with the first thing you said. You said, and I quote, "He's done period." That's why you're being taken to task here.

And that's fine. It's cute you think that you all need to "take me to task" over an opinion that's different than yours, but the fact of the matter is sometimes people have different opinions and you all are just gonna have to live with that.

You guys understand that there are literally hundreds of examples of really talented ballplayers having their careers ended from injuries, right? It's not absurd to think that given all that's happened to Profar, it's quite possible his shoulder never recovers and he never takes the field as a major league ballplayer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine. It's cute you think that you all need to "take me to task" over an opinion that's different than yours, but the fact of the matter is sometimes people have different opinions and you all are just gonna have to live with that.

You guys understand that there are literally hundreds of examples of really talented ballplayers having their careers ended from injuries, right? It's not absurd to think that given all that's happened to Profar, it's quite possible his shoulder never recovers and he never takes the field as a major league ballplayer.

It's absurd to call a 21 yr old's career dead because he's having a surgery thousands of baseball players have successfully rehabbed from with a very high success rate. I am basing my opinion on medical knowledge and fact. I work with patients who've had rotator cuff repair every single day. What do you base your opinion on? The "opinion" card is just as weak as all your other attempts to deflect from the fact that you said something stupid and everyone here knows it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said a 21 year olds career was over because he's having minor shoulder surgery. There's no other way to describe it.

to quote you: Again, that's not the issue and you know it. Stop trying to deflect.

This is not just a "minor surgery". To label it as such is your own brand of weak-sauce. This is a player who absolutely NEEDED 2014 as a developmental year to successfully transition to the major leagues, and he lost that year to injury. Now, almost a year later, the injury has not healed. He will need surgery, need to recover, need to rehab, and THEN need to prove he can stay healthy before he can even begin his development AGAIN, which has now taken a step back.

This isn't just a "minor surgery" that's taking place out of the blue. Stop the shit and look at the forest instead of one damn tree. You know that's my point.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least, I'm feeling a tad better about Harrison's chances. Just a tad.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to quote you: Again, that's not the issue and you know it. Stop trying to deflect.

This is not just a "minor surgery". To label it as such is your own brand of weak-sauce. This is a player who absolutely NEEDED 2014 as a developmental year to successfully transition to the major leagues, and he lost that year to injury. Now, almost a year later, the injury has not healed. He will need surgery, need to recover, need to rehab, and THEN need to prove he can stay healthy before he can even begin his development AGAIN, which has now taken a step back.

This isn't just a "minor surgery" that's taking place out of the blue. Stop the shit and look at the forest instead of one damn tree. You know that's my point.

Tell me guy, what do you know about rotator cuff surgery? Do you even know what the rotator cuff is? Without googling it, I'm betting no. You're out of your depth, guy. Stop talking. You're just further diminishing whatever credence your baseball opinion might have around here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stings now, but who knows how it would have played out. This does however make you re-think the options that were available in trade in 2013. Sucks but its just the way shit happens in baseball.
Yeah, I'm not saying it was the right move at the time, just imagining our team now if we had made that deal. Kindled is probably still here, Moreland is probably at first

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not saying it was the right move at the time, just imagining our team now if we had made that deal. Kindled is probably still here, Moreland is probably at first

I think the big difference is we probably wouldn't have Choo. I still think the Fielder trade happens. If I remember right, the wanted Perez too.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me guy, what do you know about rotator cuff surgery? Do you even know what the rotator cuff is? Without googling it, I'm betting no. You're out of your depth, guy. Stop talking. Your just further diminishing whatever credence your baseball opinion might have around here.

Ah, so you choose to ignore the impact all this lost time has had and will have on Profar's baseball development. But please, tell me more about rotator cuffs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you choose to ignore the impact all this lost time has had and will have on Profar's baseball development. But please, tell me more about rotator cuffs.

More deflection. I didn't say it wouldn't stall his development. I said to call his career dead is dumb, and it is. You are talking out your ass, and it's plain for everyone to see. You're telling me how this may be a career ending surgery, and you don't even know what the fuck is actually injured on the guy. Your credibility is gone. Thanks for playing.