• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling SD might end up being the trade partner. Though not for Cashner - probably for Kennedy. AJ knows the system and he will try to get whatever he can to help rebuild that organization.

What would you give up for one year of Kennedy whose ERA could very well be north of 4.00 in the AL?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give up for one year of Kennedy whose ERA could very well be north of 4.00 in the AL?

Yeah not a big fan of Kennedy at all for a variety of reasons

As far as what I would give for Cashner.... not quite sure on that, it would be a solid package but nothing over the top either

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not a big fan of Kennedy at all for a variety of reasons

As far as what I would give for Cashner.... not quite sure on that, it would be a solid package but nothing over the top either

I would give AJ Preller his pick of any one guy in the system who is not Gallo, Maz, Jackson, Chi Chi, Alfaro, or Williams. And then some other organizational fluff.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give AJ Preller his pick of any one guy in the system who is not Gallo, Maz, Jackson, Chi Chi, Alfaro, or Williams. And then some other organizational fluff.

Would Preller want a package that didn't include one of your excluded guys though?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Preller want a package that didn't include one of your excluded guys though?

You could send some decent guys over for Cashner. Actually I would give up Williams and Sardinas for him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our upgrade in the rotation will end up being more a Brandon McCarthy not a James Shields, but even McCarthy allows you to slot everyone back a spot (outside of Holland and Darvish)

Darvish, Holland, McCarthy, Lewis and whoever wins the ST battle between all the names just listed and eventually Perez

Outside shot at a trade involving Latos/Cueto, though I'm not getting my hopes up about that prospect

I would certainly go for someone like Andrew Cashner, solid k Rate with a great GB % and doesn't walk many

when is he expected back? i've heard June, July or August but they all seem rather quick after TJ surgery

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood that when I said we had several starters in 2014 that were better than Masterson that you replied "Yu, Derek and maybe Colby are the only ones who come to mind". I was only pointing out that there were several others better than Masterson that you couldn't think of for some reason. You did seem to forget that we had several pitchers this season that had better years than Masterson.

I do think there are a lot of fans who under-appreciate just how much the two Nicks improved this season. There are pitchers available out there in free agency who are better than them, but most of them would cost a lot more than this team has to spend. There are others to be had in trade, but that really needs to be thought out and things need to be taken into consideration. Things to be considered include does this team have a chance to compete in 2015, how much would you have to give up to make one of those trades, and could what you give up be better spent on other needs in the future when we are more likely to be competitive.

i think they improved but not enough to consider them for the 2015 starting rotation. start them in AA or AAA and if we need one of them for a short term then call them up. there have to be better options and yes some of them may be thru trade or FA but don't straggle the team like JD did last season

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when is he expected back? i've heard June, July or August but they all seem rather quick after TJ surgery

Really just depends on his recovery, could be as soon May, could be til the end of the year, but count on him being out at least June or July usually

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just depends on his recovery, could be as soon May, could be til the end of the year, but count on him being out at least June or July usually

I wouldn't bet on him being much help next season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they improved but not enough to consider them for the 2015 starting rotation. start them in AA or AAA and if we need one of them for a short term then call them up. there have to be better options and yes some of them may be thru trade or FA but don't straggle the team like JD did last season

JD's approach last year was guided by the budget. Unfortunately, that happens to be the same problem this offseason. There are plenty of better options, but I am not certain that any can be had in free agency due to budget constraints and who knows if a trade can be worked out without overpaying in prospects or not. It is a lot easier to say we will make a trade than actually getting one done. It will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet on him being much help next season.

I think it might be unwise to expect much from any player who has to recover over the offseason. If any of them contribute much it will be an unexpected bonus.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD's approach last year was guided by the budget. Unfortunately, that happens to be the same problem this offseason. There are plenty of better options, but I am not certain that any can be had in free agency due to budget constraints and who knows if a trade can be worked out without overpaying in prospects or not. It is a lot easier to say we will make a trade than actually getting one done. It will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

i will wait to see if there actually is a budget problem but i know we can do better than last year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will wait to see if there actually is a budget problem but i know we can do better than last year

I budget problem? I wouldn't call it that. But there is something to be said about being smart with our money.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I budget problem? I wouldn't call it that. But there is something to be said about being smart with our money.

no argument so let's make a couple smart free agent moves with at least one of them being a quality starter

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument so let's make a couple smart free agent moves with at least one of them being a quality starter

You make it sound like picking up milk from the grocery store. It doesn't always work that way.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD said today not to look for FA like Shields.