• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cruz comes back as DH, then Mitch becomes expendable and we lose back up at 1st. Catch 22.

Thats right, I keep forgetting that. Either way 1B isn't really that tough of a position, I 'm sure if they knew that going into ST that they could get someone ready to back up first.

I'm pretty sure the Cruz thing won't happen though, I think the FO has decided they want to give Mitch one more run at this thing. I think the success of Davis might have them little wary of trading away another 1B and Mitch does have great potential.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo makes sense for the Rangers

One of the reasons Arroyo might make sense is he does eat up a lot of innings and from what I read yesterday he had not received a hard offer so he may be less expensive than some of the other pitchers still out there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Arroyo may want 3 years. If he is firm on that then forget him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats right, I keep forgetting that. Either way 1B isn't really that tough of a position, I 'm sure if they knew that going into ST that they could get someone ready to back up first.

I'm pretty sure the Cruz thing won't happen though, I think the FO has decided they want to give Mitch one more run at this thing. I think the success of Davis might have them little wary of trading away another 1B and Mitch does have great potential.

For every Chris Davis ... there is a Justin Smoak ... so don't think TEX is holding onto Mitch just because they want a backup for Prince or want to make Mitch a DH. IMO ... its more to do with other negotiations.

If TEX can get what they want for him ... they will deal ... but they need to show (and promote the idea) of going with Mitch as DH to control negotiations with Cruz and Morales. If Mitch were gone ... the price for both would go up.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY press conference is supposed to start shortly. On FSSW and 1310 The Ticket.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever wonder what type of accolades MY would get if he had these same stats playing for the Yankees.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cruz comes back as DH, then Mitch becomes expendable and we lose back up at 1st. Catch 22.

Why does Mitch become automatically expendable? Cruz is only gonna be a 1 year deal, and we'd still need a backup at 1B. Cheap LH bat that hits 20+ dongs is perfect for our bench.

JPA, engel, Rosales, Moreland. That's a quality bench.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay why not at least make him an offer of a year with 2 team option years?

Seems like I read that Arroyo is an extreme fly ball pitcher. Anyone know for sure if this is true or not?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Mitch become automatically expendable? Cruz is only gonna be a 1 year deal, and we'd still need a backup at 1B. Cheap LH bat that hits 20+ dongs is perfect for our bench.

Because Mitch would sit to much to hit 20 hr and could be used in trade for pitching. I really don't think We will need to worry about Cruz coming back.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Laughing at your word usage:laugh3:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every Chris Davis ... there is a Justin Smoak ... so don't think TEX is holding onto Mitch just because they want a backup for Prince or want to make Mitch a DH. IMO ... its more to do with other negotiations.

If TEX can get what they want for him ... they will deal ... but they need to show (and promote the idea) of going with Mitch as DH to control negotiations with Cruz and Morales. If Mitch were gone ... the price for both would go up.

Good points all around.

The Davis thing I mentioned really was just more along of the lines of making sure they give him a fair shot and not give up on him to early. It really didn't have much to do with him backing up Prince. If there are any places JD might have some fears about trading, it might be 1B. Given with what happened with Davis recently and lets not forget Agon. Of course there were also good trades at 1B too, Smoak and Tex. I just think they are really not ready to give up on him yet. But your are right about your analogy, I can just see them being a little more hesitant with Mitch than maybe they would have been in the past for reason I listed but also for the reason you listed… he gives us negation leverage. Honestly, your reasoning holds a lot more water than mine though.