• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get him that ring this season

I think offensively we are real close, may have a move left? Still believe we need to add another SP piece if they are gonna contend deep in the playoffs. Thats without Derek being back and in post season form come playoff time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn he's gained a lot of weight in the last 3 years

Will Texas Rangers have a slimmer Yu Darvish?

By GERRY FRALEY
Email Published: January 30, 2014, 3:23 pm Updated: January 30, 2014, 10:45 pm

Texas pitcher Yu Darvish throws a pitch during the Los Angeles Angels vs. the Texas Rangers major league baseball game at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on Sunday, September 29, 2013. (Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News)

Will the Rangers have a slimmer Yu Darvish this season?

Darvish had his third bullpen throwing session in seven days on Wednesday at the minor league complex of Hokkaido Nippon Ham, his former team in the Japan Pacific League. According to Nikkan Sports, which observed the workout, Darvish appeared “visibly thinner” and has dropped about 10 pounds during his off-season workouts.

According to the report, Darvish has mentioned to friends that he wanted to lose weight. Less weight would help alleviate the lower-back condition that hounded Darvish during the final two months of last season.

Darvish, 27, has added weight as his body has matured. In 2010, Hokkaido Nippon Ham listed Darvish at 185 pounds. The Rangers had him at 225 pounds last season.

MORE RANGERS NEWS

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...I don't wanna think about that. I am going to be so pissed when I see him rob Andrus of a double....fucking Gentry. I love you much you expendable little kitten son of a bitch....

That definitely caught us all off guard. Just hope it turns out well for us in the end.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn he's gained a lot of weight in the last 3 years

Will Texas Rangers have a slimmer Yu Darvish?

By GERRY FRALEY
Email Published: January 30, 2014, 3:23 pm Updated: January 30, 2014, 10:45 pm

Texas pitcher Yu Darvish throws a pitch during the Los Angeles Angels vs. the Texas Rangers major league baseball game at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on Sunday, September 29, 2013. (Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News)

Will the Rangers have a slimmer Yu Darvish this season?

Darvish had his third bullpen throwing session in seven days on Wednesday at the minor league complex of Hokkaido Nippon Ham, his former team in the Japan Pacific League. According to Nikkan Sports, which observed the workout, Darvish appeared “visibly thinner” and has dropped about 10 pounds during his off-season workouts.

According to the report, Darvish has mentioned to friends that he wanted to lose weight. Less weight would help alleviate the lower-back condition that hounded Darvish during the final two months of last season.

Darvish, 27, has added weight as his body has matured. In 2010, Hokkaido Nippon Ham listed Darvish at 185 pounds. The Rangers had him at 225 pounds last season.

MORE RANGERS NEWS

All that American Food. :yahoo:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to MY for retiring with loads of class. What he had to say about JD and the organization is stand up and I praise him for his career. Crazy how age catches up to players who don't use things like PEDs. Once the bat speed goes their careers are gone. Hope he stays with the organization. Maybe he will be like Pudge and do some special managing stuff and one day be a position coach or more.

Agreed 100%

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes for me too Murph.

I'm more than pleased he has gotten over his bitterness, regardless if it was justified or not, and he'll be part of the Ranger Nation forever.

Any organization would be proud to have MY as a member, and his classiness fits him like a glove.

Do the Rangers have any retired numbers? Just wondering.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more than pleased he has gotten over his bitterness, regardless if it was justified or not, and he'll be part of the Ranger Nation forever.

Any organization would be proud to have MY as a member, and his classiness fits him like a glove.

Do the Rangers have any retired numbers? Just wondering.

26-Oates
34-Ryan
42-Jackie Robinson

MY should be included. He stuck with this team during the tough years when players like A-Rod and Tex bailed (I know Tex was traded but he let it be known he would not be back with the Rangers) and played the game the way it should be played.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26-Oates
34-Ryan
42-Jackie Robinson

MY should be included. He stuck with this team during the tough years when players like A-Rod and Tex bailed (I know Tex was traded but he let it be known he would not be back with the Rangers) and played the game the way it should be played.

agree he deserves his number retired

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could some please just sign somebody… it sure seems like it is taking a little longer for the dominos to fall this season but I guess most of the bigger names have come off the board.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could some please just sign somebody… it sure seems like it is taking a little longer for the dominos to fall this season but I guess most of the bigger names have come off the board.
Williams and Arroya still on the board. Prefer Arroya. Chen is gone and not sure about Jimenez. Burnett looks like he might go to the O's. Yea, we might want to step it up unless there is some kind of deal brewing .

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*someone… man sometimes my errors in here are ridiculous. I get to far ahead of myself when I type sometimes I guess.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Arroya still on the board. Prefer Arroya. Chen is gone and not sure about Jimenez. Burnett looks like he might go to the O's. Yea, we might want to step it up unless there is some kind of deal brewing .

I'm with you, I prefer Arroya over Williams. In fact, I prefer given Ross or other alternatives we have internally over Williams. Guess we just have to wait and see. Maybe they prefer their internal options over what the market has at them moment. Burnett would have been nice but I don't think that was ever going to happen.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, I prefer Arroya over Williams. In fact, I prefer given Ross or other alternatives we have internally over Williams. Guess we just have to wait and see. Maybe they prefer their internal options over what the market has at them moment. Burnett would have been nice but I don't think that was ever going to happen.

Arroyo makes sense for the Rangers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett never sounded promising from the git go. If we go very deep into a pennant race I believe we will have to sign a ST.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett never sounded promising from the git go. If we go very deep into a pennant race I believe we will have to sign a ST.

Indeed and there is a definite need. I sort of hope they focus on pitching which is what it seems like they are doing. Having another good bat for the 5 hole like Cruz or Morales would be nice but the past should have taught us that pitching is really what counts come playoff time. I think we already have improved the offense and I'm a huge Cruz fan and would love to see him back at the right price but not if that prevents them from going after a decent starter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed and there is a definite need. I sort of hope they focus on pitching which is what it seems like they are doing. Having another good bat for the 5 hole like Cruz or Morales would be nice but the past should have taught us that pitching is really what counts come playoff time. I think we already have improved the offense and I'm a huge Cruz fan and would love to see him back at the right price but not if that prevents them from going after a decent starter.
If Cruz comes back as DH, then Mitch becomes expendable and we lose back up at 1st. Catch 22.