• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you players diving for balls that are not needed to just make it look like it was a difficult play. It does drive me nuts as well. But I was thinking of a couple of plays and one in particular that Cruz had to lay out to catch it and I think most of us did not think he would be able to make the play.

And jta and you both are correct in getting that first step. It is nice in Trout, Ham, Gentry and Martin's case they have the speed to make up for that. Martin is still working on that some but that first misstep happens to quite a few players.

If Martin can cut down on those misreads off the bat he could be special

Gentry has that going for him along with elite speed, same with Trout, at least in his rookie year, I think he's been coasting a bit since that awesome rookie year defensively

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martin can cut down on those misreads off the bat he could be special

Gentry has that going for him along with elite speed, same with Trout, at least in his rookie year, I think he's been coasting a bit since that awesome rookie year defensively

I agree, Martin's speed is something else but that arm is ridiculous. He threw out guys that most thought there is no way he will be able to get the base runner out on.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Martin's speed is something else but that arm is ridiculous. He threw out guys that most thought there is no way he will be able to get the base runner out on.

You have to hope that Gentry taught Martin everything he could about playing CF before he left

I'm really going to miss that speedy bastard making it look easy in CF

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to hope that Gentry taught Martin everything he could about playing CF before he left

Most will I suppose.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of MY love going around on Twitter right now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never going to get 3000 hits as a part time player which is all he is at this point I think he's 600+ hits away

Evidently you are right because he didn't but before this news came out, I figured might have 4-5 seasons left in him. But I guess playing off the bench and floating from team to team really isn't his style. Also, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to try and overstay his welcome in the MLB to pad his career stats which is a pretty admirable trait. Either way, I was just hoping. I would like to see him in the HOF but I am not sure he gets there with his current career numbers, with him though there are just things he brought to the table that numbers didn't show.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently you are right because he didn't but before this news came out, I figured might have 4-5 seasons left in him. But I guess playing off the bench and floating from team to team really isn't his style. Also, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to try and overstay his welcome in the MLB to pad his career stats which is a pretty admirable trait. Either way, I was just hoping. I would like to see him in the HOF but I am not sure he gets there with his current career numbers, with him though there are just things he brought to the table that numbers didn't show.

Yeah he's not really HOF material, good player in his day just not good enough

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Ranger hall of famer anyway!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to MY for retiring with loads of class. What he had to say about JD and the organization is stand up and I praise him for his career. Crazy how age catches up to players who don't use things like PEDs. Once the bat speed goes their careers are gone. Hope he stays with the organization. Maybe he will be like Pudge and do some special managing stuff and one day be a position coach or more.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit...I don't wanna think about that. I am going to be so pissed when I see him rob Andrus of a double....fucking Gentry. I love you much you expendable little kitten son of a bitch....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the hits MY, hope to see you continue with the Rangers in some capacity in the future.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is to MY for retiring with loads of class. What he had to say about JD and the organization is stand up and I praise him for his career. Crazy how age catches up to players who don't use things like PEDs. Once the bat speed goes their careers are gone. Hope he stays with the organization. Maybe he will be like Pudge and do some special managing stuff and one day be a position coach or more.

Glad to hear he and JD had cleared things up, and glad he is retiring a Ranger