• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread Pt2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like we have to do either, though birth would be nice luxuries. Pitching is more important imo.
Can't dispute the need for pitching. Without Baker that leaves MM or platoon with Choice or whoever. What's your thoughts on the DH.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't dispute the need for pitching. Without Baker that leaves MM or platoon with Choice or whoever. What's your thoughts on the DH.

I still think Moreland has the potential to be a force with the bat. I don't feel like having him as our dh is as bad a problem as some here do.

Justin seems to think the bottom of the order will have trouble scoring runs. My question is, what bottom of the order on any team scores tons of runs? That's why they're at the bottom of the order. I also think we may be surprised at just how much Moreland, profar, Soto, and Martin might be able to produce.

Also, choice should be in AAA playing every day ready to be called up in the event of an injury.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it comes down to it ... would prefer Mitch as the everyday DH than have Choice sit down at the end of the bench waiting for a LHP.

I would have liked Baker on the roster ... but clearly TEX management either has another plan or is as you say okay with Mitch everyday. Which is what they said way back when Prince was signed.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Moreland has the potential to be a force with the bat. I don't feel like having him as our dh is as bad a problem as some here do.

Justin seems to think the bottom of the order will have trouble scoring runs. My question is, what bottom of the order on any team scores tons of runs? That's why they're at the bottom of the order. I also think we may be surprised at just how much Moreland, profar, Soto, and Martin might be able to produce.

Also, choice should be in AAA playing every day ready to be called up in the event of an injury.
Agree on Choice to AAA. If we do go with MM, I want to see Soto hitting behind Profar and Martin. Thanks for your thoughts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Choice to AAA. If we do go with MM, I want to see Soto hitting behind Profar and Martin. Thanks for your thoughts.

I still want to see Martin batting ninth. Almost as a second lead off hitter. Having his speed on base in front of the top of the order is a major weapon.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd rather have Martin #9 in front of Choo rather than a slow catcher.

Is there any thought about Adduci as 4OF as a Gentry-type replacement? Plus ... not only can Adduci play all OF positions he plays 1b. Does TEX prefer the 4OF be another COF and depend on Choo backing up CF? If not Adduci ... could be Engle Beltre ... but think Adduci brings more.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there any thought about Adduci as 4OF as a Gentry-type replacement? Plus ... not only can Adduci play all OF positions he plays 1b. Does TEX prefer the 4OF be another COF and depend on Choo backing up CF? If not Adduci ... could be Engle Beltre ... but think Adduci brings more.

I think Beltre has to be with the big club this year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad. Got ya

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all do realize that the Mariners signed Scott Baker and not Jeff Baker.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays almost finalized trades that would've seen them acquire Ian Kinsler from the Rangers and Brett Anderson from the Athletics earlier this winter, but both deals ended up as "near-misses," Sportsnet's Shi Davidi reports.
Kinsler, of course, was part of the offseason's biggest blockbuster to date, when he was traded to the Tigers in exchange for Prince Fielder and $30MM. Before that deal occurred, however, the Jays' proposed swap for the second baseman fell through due to Kinsler's partial no-trade clause that allowed him to block deals to up to 10 teams. It's unknown what the Jays would have given up for Kinsler, though I would guess it would've been on a much lesser scale than Fielder; it wouldn't have made much sense for Toronto create another hole in the lineup by dealing the likes of Jose Bautista or Edwin Encarnacion.

Last edited by a moderator: