• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Nets Mock Draft

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, if your contact really has that much real info and he's leaking it to a friend shouldn't he get the ax?

I was thinking the same thing.

I know people that work at the stadium .... but not in the front office. About all I get are rumors.... which should be looked at with the same grain of sand as the shit we read in the media

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing.

I know people that work at the stadium .... but not in the front office. About all I get are rumors.... which should be looked at with the same grain of sand as the shit we read in the media

Maybe it's just me, but in my line of work we have clearances for a reason. Now I know NFL staffs don't have clearances but businesses throughout the world have their employees sign nondisclosure statements forcing them to keep company secrets, secret. If I owned a NFL team I'd only let myself, the GM and the HC every talk outside about any team plans. I'd have strick rules what could be talked about in public. Truth is I'd feed so much false information no one would ever believe a word out of the organization.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but in my line of work we have clearances for a reason. Now I know NFL staffs don't have clearances but businesses throughout the world have their employees sign nondisclosure statements forcing them to keep company secrets, secret. If I owned a NFL team I'd only let myself, the GM and the HC every talk outside about any team plans. I'd have strick rules what could be talked about in public. Truth is I'd feed so much false information no one would ever believe a word out of the organization.

The thing is I haven't put out anything that isn't known around the nfl already. I have not said who is number one or so on on their draft board, nor have I said anything that would change their plans. Does this team want extra picks in the mid rounds sure, but what team doesn't? Does this team like the players I said they did sure they have researched them, been at their pro days, and invited them to VR. Nothing I have said is not already known to the NFL and 31 other GM's. I'll never put something out that could hurt this team, or that is told to me not to share. There is a lot I don't share not because I don't want to, but simply because I can't. I wish I could prove it to everyone, but to prove it would mean to mean out info I shouldn't and that could cost someone their job or this team a chance at staying on their plans. At the end of the day we are all grown and can believe in what we choose to believe in, all I attempt to do is inform what I can and when I can. Take it how you may but it is what it is. Hope this helps.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I haven't put out anything that isn't known around the nfl already. I have not said who is number one or so on on their draft board, nor have I said anything that would change their plans. Does this team want extra picks in the mid rounds sure, but what team doesn't? Does this team like the players I said they did sure they have researched them, been at their pro days, and invited them to VR. Nothing I have said is not already known to the NFL and 31 other GM's. I'll never put something out that could hurt this team, or that is told to me not to share. There is a lot I don't share not because I don't want to, but simply because I can't. I wish I could prove it to everyone, but to prove it would mean to mean out info I shouldn't and that could cost someone their job or this team a chance at staying on their plans. At the end of the day we are all grown and can believe in what we choose to believe in, all I attempt to do is inform what I can and when I can. Take it how you may but it is what it is. Hope this helps.

Plain and simple. If a member of the staff is giving or confirming Draft plans I'd fire him on the spot. Sorry but the only draft plans I'd leak are those I wanted out there. Maybe every thing your friend gave you is just that, misinformation. I know I have said I don't think Jerry is taking a safety by the the moves he's made this preseason but that could all be by design and Dix and Pryor are targets. The only players I'd say I really like are those I have no shot at.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple. If a member of the staff is giving or confirming Draft plans I'd fire him on the spot. Sorry but the only draft plans I'd leak are those I wanted out there. Maybe every thing your friend gave you is just that, misinformation. I know I have said I don't think Jerry is taking a safety by the the moves he's made this preseason but that could all be by design and Dix and Pryor are targets. The only players I'd say I really like are those I have no shot at.

And is not Manziel at this point not one of those the Cowboys have no shot at ?

Don't think Nets contact is giving away any info that the rest of the NFL is not aware of if its accurate or could be accurate its all smoke n mirrors till the card is handed in

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And is not Manziel at this point not one of those the Cowboys have no shot at ?

Don't think Nets contact is giving away any info that the rest of the NFL is not aware of if its accurate or could be accurate its all smoke n mirrors till the card is handed in

I think there is a VERY good chance Manziel is still there at 16.
As for Nets contact not giving away info. If Nets is not part of the draft process it sounds like he is saying too much.
Nets said "I'll never put something out that could hurt this team, or that is told to me not to share. There is a lot I don't share not because I don't want to, but simply because I can't. Sorry but if Nets is truthful his contact talks too much.

I guess if Nets does leak something his contact can always tell Jerry he made Nets pinky swear not to say anything.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a VERY good chance Manziel is still there at 16.
As for Nets contact not giving away info. If Nets is not part of the draft process it sounds like he is saying too much.
Nets said "I'll never put something out that could hurt this team, or that is told to me not to share. There is a lot I don't share not because I don't want to, but simply because I can't. Sorry but if Nets is truthful his contact talks too much.

I guess if Nets does leak something his contact can always tell Jerry he made Nets pinky swear not to say anything.

:yahoo::laugh3::lol::L:whistle:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose I'll make it simple and keep what I know or don't to myself. After all this is a board and opinions are the only things that should be shared, and I for this reason will keep it simpe from this point on and simply share my opinion. Until after the draft fellas take care.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose I'll make it simple and keep what I know or don't to myself. After all this is a board and opinions are the only things that should be shared, and I for this reason will keep it simpe from this point on and simply share my opinion. Until after the draft fellas take care.

Hell NAW

When you put it out there you have inside sources .... is what it is Draft happens .... You are either right .... or we will call bullshit. Stand your ground

You're either full of shit or you aren't.... 2 weeks we find out

I'm a firm believer in stand behind what you say

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nets, in no way am I saying you are wrong to post what you know or hear about. Please don't take it that way. I'm questioning your contacts judgment talking about draft plans with anyone outside of the draft decision makers. Now if your contact has to fight for information as the rest of us fine let him talk. But if he's in on draft meetings and leaking it to anyone he's wrong to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell NAW

When you put it out there you have inside sources .... is what it is Draft happens .... You are either right .... or we will call bullshit. Stand your ground

You're either full of shit or you aren't.... 2 weeks we find out

I'm a firm believer in stand behind what you say

I never retracted what I said, I just said until after the draft. Meaning you're right that we shall find out in two weeks what is bs or not. Until that point in time I honestly will take a little break as the chips fall where they may.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets, in no way am I saying you are wrong to post what you know or hear about. Please don't take it that way. I'm questioning your contacts judgment talking about draft plans with anyone outside of the draft decision makers. Now if your contact has to fight for information as the rest of us fine let him talk. But if he's in on draft meetings and leaking it to anyone he's wrong to do so.

I know bro, I didn't take it as a personal attack on me, nor did I take it as you were calling me out. Just at times in these instance I'd rather keep to myself and let time tell the truth or lack there of. Not like I'm deleting my account and never coming back, just rather not get involved with what may lead into pointless banter about a topic that neither side is able to prove until the second week of May.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know bro, I didn't take it as a personal attack on me, nor did I take it as you were calling me out. Just at times in these instance I'd rather keep to myself and let time tell the truth or lack there of. Not like I'm deleting my account and never coming back, just rather not get involved with what may lead into pointless banter about a topic that neither side is able to prove until the second week of May.

It will still be pointless banter in May, because we are all gonna disagree about how well/bad we did, which won't be proven out till after next season, LOL. It's what it is. I think it's fun to have a lot of differing opinions, I know there have been times that I changed how I view a situation just by hearing different points of view

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be misinformation to try & spread rumors, or it could be the guy fell for some misinformation the cowboys were trying to give someone else & he overheard.

Either way I say no way we draft a QB in the 1st round, unless it was a Andrew Luck type QB, which there aren't any in this draft.
I do believe it will be good for the cowboys if Manziel does fall to 16 because I think the cowboys can get the better end of a trade if someone wants to move up for him.