• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Nets Mock Draft

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you don't like Ealy. I would be happy with Donald or Ealy to.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my gut says it won't matter who is there at 16, JJ will trade down into the 23-26 range

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My official pick for us is Anthony Barr. Hoping we pick up Ward if he's very thing he's been advertised to be in the 2nd.

I hope we can take Ward with our 2nd pick as well, but a lot of mocks now having him go in the 1st. Even seen where he goes ahead of pryor in a couple. So I doubt we can land him with #47.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do I want .... Clinton-Dix
Who I would be really happy with .... Donald

Who do I think we take .... Koney Ealy

my gut says it won't matter who is there at 16, JJ will trade down into the 23-26 range

Think Dix will be gone. A lot are saying he is big enough to deal with the big TE/WR types so pretty sure someone will snag him before 16.
Ealy I have seen into the middle of the 2nd round in a lot of mocks, so if we traded down in the 1st I am sure he will still be there then as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atl moves up, at lease not at the price in the mock.

As much as I want Dix or Pryor in the 1st I don't think Jerry is going in that direction. I'll be happy with Jernigan, Hageman, Ealy, Barr, or Lewan. I think Barr and Lewan are gone before 16 and we can have our pick of the others ten spots later. If Barr and Lewan are gone I'm looking at a trade.

I'm loving Walters current mock. They have us with Lewan, Ward, and Ferguson.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atl moves up, at lease not at the price in the mock.

As much as I want Dix or Pryor in the 1st I don't think Jerry is going in that direction. I'll be happy with Jernigan, Hageman, Ealy, Barr, or Lewan. I think Barr and Lewan are gone before 16 and we can have our pick of the others ten spots later. If Barr and Lewan are gone I'm looking at a trade.

I'm loving Walters current mock. They have us with Lewan, Ward, and Ferguson.

I think this can go in 100 different directions. The ONE thing I'm sure of is Jerry listening to Rod with regards to what he needs to make this defense better than worst in the league. That word, worst SHOULD get Rod front row attention to what he thinks. If by some chance the dline guys he targets are 3rd/4th round grades does he talk safety or linebacker over an rated oline guy? Playmakers on that D are in high demand. Will be interesting. I know I don't like trade down jerry, that has proven to be bad way more often than good. To trade down, a team needs to be good at evaluations and coaching up. That has not been Dallas over the last 8 to 10 years.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this can go in 100 different directions. The ONE thing I'm sure of is Jerry listening to Rod with regards to what he needs to make this defense better than worst in the league. That word, worst SHOULD get Rod front row attention to what he thinks. If by some chance the dline guys he targets are 3rd/4th round grades does he talk safety or linebacker over an rated oline guy? Playmakers on that D are in high demand. Will be interesting. I know I don't like trade down jerry, that has proven to be bad way more often than good. To trade down, a team needs to be good at evaluations and coaching up. That has not been Dallas over the last 8 to 10 years.

ditto :gaah:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

opposite..... I like Ealy ....... I just like the other guys more

I think Ealy is going to be a solid player for someone

Think Ealy will be a tad better than Greg Ellis ... but not a Dez type player where everyone yells HOF after his rookie season

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Jerry's trades have brought very questionable results, but if the player you covert doesn't grade out at 16 shouldn't you move back and get an extra 3rd? Besides even though we all didn't like the trade value last year it did work out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jerry's trades have brought very questionable results, but if the player you covert doesn't grade out at 16 shouldn't you move back and get an extra 3rd? Besides even though we all didn't like the trade value last year it did work out.

But if you covet him, why not take him? What if you trade back to 25 and he goes at #23? The mocks are just not indicative of what will actually happen. Pick any guy you see going in the end of the first round. There is no way to know that half the league doesn't have him valued as a top 10 pick. My gut tells me Hageman is a top 10 pick. I see him going late in the first in every mock. Lets say we absolutely love him, but assume most teams have him as a late first, so we trade back 5 spots because we think that is safe to still get him and Baltimore likes him as much as us and grabs him at #17. Even if the mocks were spot on, it only takes one team to think a player is worth taken for him to be taken.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you covet him, why not take him? What if you trade back to 25 and he goes at #23? The mocks are just not indicative of what will actually happen. Pick any guy you see going in the end of the first round. There is no way to know that half the league doesn't have him valued as a top 10 pick. My gut tells me Hageman is a top 10 pick. I see him going late in the first in every mock. Lets say we absolutely love him, but assume most teams have him as a late first, so we trade back 5 spots because we think that is safe to still get him and Baltimore likes him as much as us and grabs him at #17. Even if the mocks were spot on, it only takes one team to think a player is worth taken for him to be taken.

To explain deeper if there's 3 players I'm looking at, in this case Jernigan, Hageman, and Ealy could all be available at 28 or so. If I'm comfortable as t least one of them will be I'd try to trade back and get an extra 3rd or 4th in the deal. Now if there's only one player then I stay and take him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to one of my guys in the organization yesterday, and he was saying that the best thing that could happen for us is if Manzel is there at 16. He went on to say that Jerry probably would make the call on Manziel, but that the trade phone would be ringing off the hook; so it could go either way. He did go on to say that if we did go Manziel at 16 the rest of the draft would be pure D.

He said that the team isn't truly high on Dix, that this team really needs a center field type of Safety, that this team will be playing a lot more single high safety this year, and that Buchanon and Dix etc. aren't high on the wish list due to their lack of skill set around being pure cover guys. They really like Ward, Pryor is a like as well, in addition to a few other Safeties that could be had in the 4th round.

He also said in his conversation that the big board is built and this team would like extra 2-4 round picks if possible due to the depth in this draft. In addition to this, the team will under almost no circumstances trade a pick from next years draft to move up in this year's draft. Reason being is that most see having a top 10 pick or better in next years draft, and if that is the case they want to give the new HC a full draft instead of missing a first or second.

Also, the team could target a trade down into the 20's where they would target Timmy J. as the teams 1 tech, or a Dee Ford, Crichton, etc.

Just a little bit of convo from my convo last night. I guess we will all see in two weeks :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to one of my guys in the organization yesterday, and he was saying that the best thing that could happen for us is if Manzel is there at 16. He went on to say that Jerry probably would make the call on Manziel, but that the trade phone would be ringing off the hook; so it could go either way. He did go on to say that if we did go Manziel at 16 the rest of the draft would be pure D.

He said that the team isn't truly high on Dix, that this team really needs a center field type of Safety, that this team will be playing a lot more single high safety this year, and that Buchanon and Dix etc. aren't high on the wish list due to their lack of skill set around being pure cover guys. They really like Ward, Pryor is a like as well, in addition to a few other Safeties that could be had in the 4th round.

He also said in his conversation that the big board is built and this team would like extra 2-4 round picks if possible due to the depth in this draft. In addition to this, the team will under almost no circumstances trade a pick from next years draft to move up in this year's draft. Reason being is that most see having a top 10 pick or better in next years draft, and if that is the case they want to give the new HC a full draft instead of missing a first or second.

Also, the team could target a trade down into the 20's where they would target Timmy J. as the teams 1 tech, or a Dee Ford, Crichton, etc.

Just a little bit of convo from my convo last night. I guess we will all see in two weeks :suds:

The only part of this I don't like is the thought of us taking Manziel at 16. I would shit my pants in a bad way if that happened

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part of this I don't like is the thought of us taking Manziel at 16. I would shit my pants in a bad way if that happened

Well be ready for it as it could happen, forget the reports this is coming from someone inside of the team; however he said it could happen not that it would. Just that in his opinion if Manziel was there, that he believes Jerry would take him. He said that the team values the 2-4 round talent on the DL just as much as the 1st round talent for the most part and this is the major reason why they could take Manziel if there. Like I said guess we will see in two weeks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well be ready for it as it could happen, forget the reports this is coming from someone inside of the team; however he said it could happen not that it would. Just that in his opinion if Manziel was there, that he believes Jerry would take him. He said that the team values the 2-4 round talent on the DL just as much as the 1st round talent for the most part and this is the major reason why they could take Manziel if there. Like I said guess we will see in two weeks.

Unless Romo's back is MUCH worse than is being reported, I just can't believe we would take Manziel there. The club is right that there are players in rounds 2-4 that could help us, we have 8-10 holes on the team. Passing on an impact starter in the first round would be nothing short of madness IMO. I would rather see them trade the pick. Besides the fact that I believe there will be QB's there in the 4th round like Murray who have as much upside as Manziel anyway. Other than TE, K or P, there couldn't be a worse 1st round pick for this team than QB

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smoke Nets Thanks for the info from your contact.

Not going to bag on anything other than my opinion that Manziel is the worst thing that could happen to the Cowboys since Jimmy left Valley Ranch.

I don't like the Idea of picking him at all.
If picked the Circus would be back in town again at full 3 ring ESPN BS style with Jerry as the Damn ringmaster. I want solid football players not flash and style.

God I pray that this does not happen Like Twist I might need a new TV

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smoke Nets Thanks for the info from your contact.

Not going to bag on anything other than my opinion that Manziel is the worst thing that could happen to the Cowboys since Jimmy left Valley Ranch.

I don't like the Idea of picking him at all.
If picked the Circus would be back in town again at full 3 ring ESPN BS style with Jerry as the Damn ringmaster. I want solid football players not flash and style.

God I pray that this does not happen Like Twist I might need a new TV

No problem, here is my take on it. I don't want Manziel, I honestly believe with this schedule we have a chance at drafting Mariota next season, that's who I want, I wouldn't take famous Jamis at all, I do not like the kid one bit. I think Marcus Mariota is the real deal, and if I had a top ten pick and Marcus was going first overall I'd trade to get him if need be. By getting Manziel you kill any chance of getting Marcus next year if this schedule turns into what I and other think it will be. Best case draft would to me be trading down with SF picking up an extra second rounder and drafting Jernagin in the first, Jordan Matthews/Martavious Bryant and Crichton/Ford/Lawrence in the second. That would be a killer draft to me and would make me happy.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Jensen QB out of North Dakota State is a Kid I would take a flyer on in the 7th if he is available
keep him on the roster not practice squad he would get poached like Tanney was last year. And develop him and see what happens.

NDS is a FCS School that probably could play with the big boys and embarrass them most weeks ask K-State about playing the Bisons

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, here is my take on it. I don't want Manziel, I honestly believe with this schedule we have a chance at drafting Mariota next season, that's who I want, I wouldn't take famous Jamis at all, I do not like the kid one bit. I think Marcus Mariota is the real deal, and if I had a top ten pick and Marcus was going first overall I'd trade to get him if need be. By getting Manziel you kill any chance of getting Marcus next year if this schedule turns into what I and other think it will be. Best case draft would to me be trading down with SF picking up an extra second rounder and drafting Jernagin in the first, Jordan Matthews/Martavious Bryant and Crichton/Ford/Lawrence in the second. That would be a killer draft to me and would make me happy.

Nets, if your contact really has that much real info and he's leaking it to a friend shouldn't he get the ax?