• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Nets Mock Draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft chart is only as accurate as the two guys holding it feel it is and that was pre-rookie cap. Mack is probably 50/50 to be the 2nd pick. So the trade can be looked at like this by someone who views them as #1 and #2: this years #1 for this years #2, #39 and next years 1st and 2nd round pick. It just isn't going to happen IMO. Maybe if he was a franchise QB, but not in this particular case.

If I am Atl I love my spot here. There are 6 players I think are elite ignoring QB. I take whichever falls. If a QB or two goes I like my spot even more. Clowney, Mack, Watkins and any of the OTs would be great picks for them.

To me Mack is a 3-4 OLB IMO, could be dead wrong. I just don't think he fits a lot of teams scheme. Would be perfect for Houston just as Clowney would be perfect for ATL. Do I think either player could come in and play in either team? Sure, but not at their best due to scheme. I think that plays into it as well. I think even if you drop off the second 2nd round pick it still would cost ATL two first and a 2 just my thoughts.

Curious if lets say Oakland was there at 6 and could trade Houston for one of the top QBs at 1 would this trade then be justified in you opinion? If so why? I am just curious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Mack is a 3-4 OLB IMO, could be dead wrong. I just don't think he fits a lot of teams scheme. Would be perfect for Houston just as Clowney would be perfect for ATL. Do I think either player could come in and play in either team? Sure, but not at their best due to scheme. I think that plays into it as well. I think even if you drop off the second 2nd round pick it still would cost ATL two first and a 2 just my thoughts.

Curious if lets say Oakland was there at 6 and could trade Houston for one of the top QBs at 1 would this trade then be justified in you opinion? If so why? I am just curious.

I think if you knocked off one of the 2nd rounders it makes it more likely. I still wouldn't do it and don't think Atl would either, but it becomes more of a possibility. I honestly wouldn't give up pick #6 and next years pick if I were Atl. Like I said I would just take the player that is sitting there because I think there is more than one elite player in this draft.

On your question, no because I don't think this years QBs are looked at as franchise QBs like Wash saw RGIII. If by chance Oak thinks that Bortles or someone else is a franchise QB that will lead their team for the next 10 years then I could see them overpaying for the player. Think of it this way. Romo gets $20M per year as a good, but not great QB. How much was Ware getting in his prime as the best pass rusher? Just like QBs get bigger salaries, team pay a price on draft day to draft that franchise QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I also agree that Mack is better in a 3-4 and Clowney in a 4-3 and that is what I meant when I said: "But, Clowney does fit their (Atl) defense better than Mack". I probably should have expanded on the point a little more. But, the key to me is that a great pass rusher has a spot in any defense. On 3rd down he's doing the same thing regardless of who takes him. Mack will get bigger over the next year or two. Look at Crawford. We are waiting to see what spot we will play him at based on who we draft and will then ask him to gain or lose about 10lbs.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it if you swap out Pryor and take Ward instead. Pryor is more of a hitter. Ward is probably the best coverage safety in the draft. I think Cleveland would do it and we know Jerrah would jump on it. Now I think a team like the Titans or Bucs could go qb. It is good that 6 teams in the top 10 have needs for qb. This could be a crazy draft
I actually agree about Ward. I think he is the best centerfield type Safety in this draft. Which is the kinda safety I would like to have. My understanding is all three can tackle. Which is my #1 concern on defense anymore, so the next thing I want is who is best at covering.
I dont care about the big hitters. In fact I am kinda sick of them. Between players trying to lay the boom & not wrapping up giving up big plays & the rules for flag happy refs if you do make a big hit, rather players not try to lay the wood so much.

I wont complain with any of the safeties, & doubt I will complain no matter who we pick in the 1st (barring QB or TE) but I do like Ward. Be even better get someone in the trenches in the 1st (or whoever BPA is) & get ward with the 35th pick :becky:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources are saying that if Manziel falls the Cowboys are drafting him. This would be very Jerrah like. I think jerrah will be calling Detroit if Manziel falls past 9.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources are saying that if Manziel falls the Cowboys are drafting him. This would be very Jerrah like. I think jerrah will be calling Detroit if Manziel falls past 9.

if Manziel made it to 16 we would get a favorable trade back :thumb:
No way we draft a QB in the 1st two rounds.
that's what my source says (me!)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have signed former Bears QB Caleb Hanie to a 1-year deal. with Romo, Orton & Weeden that makes 4 on the roster

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have signed former Bears QB Caleb Hanie to a 1-year deal. with Romo, Orton & Weeden that makes 4 on the roster

think this means they are planning on Orton being retired.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been talked about for a long time now and certainly could happen. But not for two #1s and two #2s...

I think it will cost AT LEAST 2 first and a second, IMO.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will cost AT LEAST 2 first and a second, IMO.

I don't think so ..... at all

I think they swap first throw in a 3rd .... and a future pick to be determined by the drafted players performance

and don't throw points at me .... points really dont mean shit since the rookie cap was put in place.

Edit to change what I just said ... points mean something to draft gurus who like to pass judgement after the draft...... not so much so for owners gms and coaches anymore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick note...the trade you have for Dallas is not just Cleveland giving up a little value. You are having them give up what most consider a premium pick in a high 3rd round pick in value to trade up that far. The highest they would need to trade up would most likely be 19th because there is a chance Arizona could want to take a quarterback. They could probably make that trade up with just giving up their high 3rd round pick just like San Fran did last year trading with Dallas.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My official pick for us is Anthony Barr. Hoping we pick up Ward if he's very thing he's been advertised to be in the 2nd.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My official pick for us is Anthony Barr. Hoping we pick up Ward if he's very thing he's been advertised to be in the 2nd.

Who do I want .... Clinton-Dix
Who I would be really happy with .... Donald

Who do I think we take .... Koney Ealy