• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"2014 Mock Draft - Steelers War Room"

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a passing league now, and our pass defense last year wasn't very good, I think picking a few DB's never hurts.

I don't know if these guys are on our target board or not, or even if they're still available, but I like Ahmad Dixon from Baylor, Dion Bailey from USC, Tre Boston from UNC, and Stanley Jean-Baptistse from Nebraska.

I really like Jean-Baptiste, with the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl and the LOB, I think teams are gonna start placing a premium on big corners that can play press. Jean-Baptiste is one of those guys, he's 6-3 215, he's not the fastest guy (probably gonna run around a 4.5) but those big press guys usually aren't.

Bailey is also a converted LB so I'd assume he has the frame to move back if nessecary.

edit: SJB was drafted already, so disregard that :(

Last edited by a moderator:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also take a look a Pierre Desir from Lindenwood. Another guy that fits the big corner mold.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a passing league now, and our pass defense last year wasn't very good, I think picking a few DB's never hurts.

I don't know if these guys are on our target board or not, or even if they're still available, but I like Ahmad Dixon from Baylor, Dion Bailey from USC, Tre Boston from UNC, and Stanley Jean-Baptistse from Nebraska.

I really like Jean-Baptiste, with the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl and the LOB, I think teams are gonna start placing a premium on big corners that can play press. Jean-Baptiste is one of those guys, he's 6-3 215, he's not the fastest guy (probably gonna run around a 4.5) but those big press guys usually aren't.

Bailey is also a converted LB so I'd assume he has the frame to move back if nessecary.

edit: SJB was drafted already, so disregard that :(

D. Bailey was 2nd up in our pool so hopefully he stays available. Boston is a new name...one I like as well, also the Baylor kid.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update...looking doubtful for the 4th round to start today so we're probably not going to be on the clock until Tuesday...maybe around noon I guessing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning...I did a scan of the big board a few minutes ago and I see that we lost Dion Bailey.

Where do we go? I like Terrence Brooks right now.

We have 16 picks ahead of us so I want to keep our options open...the board is getting a lot tighter now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all... Glad to be back.

Let me get back up to speed

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to have you back...a lot of names came off the board in the 3rd round that we liked...I don't want to say we've been poached or anything, but as the board tightens up we might want to keep our names closer to the vest...I have about 4 players I like in the 4th and a couple that Steelerpride chimed in with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we double dip @ CB? Stay the course for S, or go BPA...there is a DT that is a good fit for us as a DE (similar stature to Hageman).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all... Glad to be back.

Let me get back up to speed

Take whatever time you need to get back in gear...If you need me to submit our 4th pick let me know, else I assume you will be handling it.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say take a look at Pierre Desir from Lindenwood at CB. Small school guy but he could end up being a steal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I think I'm pretty close to being back up to speed.

Great pick with Fuller in the 2nd! I'm very happy with him.

As for the 4th round... What pick are we? And does anyone have an updated time block schedule? I need to know when we are OTC.

ATL - Who did you have in mind for the DT position? Sutton, Quarles, Johnson (LSU), or Ferguson?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S... I'm much more of a fan of Dixon than I am Brooks... Only due to size. I'm not a big fan of having a 5'11" free safety with Brooks, but Dixon is only a few inches taller. There have been talks of restructuring Taylor and moving him to FS. Honestly that would be the best option if they didn't land Pryor or Reynolds. That's what I would be leaning towards at this time, with my eyes set on a D-lineman. IMO going for one of those safeties is a bit of a reach, and BPA outweighs the decision.

Thoughts?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I think I'm pretty close to being back up to speed.

Great pick with Fuller in the 2nd! I'm very happy with him.

As for the 4th round... What pick are we? And does anyone have an updated time block schedule? I need to know when we are OTC.

ATL - Who did you have in mind for the DT position? Sutton, Quarles, Johnson (LSU), or Ferguson?

Sutton and Quarles are gone.

McCullers, DT/DE...TN is the main DL guy I like.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S... I'm much more of a fan of Dixon than I am Brooks... Only due to size. I'm not a big fan of having a 5'11" free safety with Brooks, but Dixon is only a few inches taller. There have been talks of restructuring Taylor and moving him to FS. Honestly that would be the best option if they didn't land Pryor or Reynolds. That's what I would be leaning towards at this time, with my eyes set on a D-lineman. IMO going for one of those safeties is a bit of a reach, and BPA outweighs the decision.

Thoughts?

I like our CB options better than S right now. Cockrell, Desir, Breeland.

We're holding the 18th position in the 4th round #114 overall. Have not seen time slots, but picks have been underway this morning already.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our CB options better than S right now. Cockrell, Desir, Breeland.

We're holding the 18th position in the 4th round #114 overall. Have not seen time slots, but picks have been underway this morning already.

I'm not a big fan of taking another CB, at least not for another couple rounds. IMO with this mock, I wouldn't take another CB because it would be better to take one with a comp pick in the real draft. NT/DE is our main priority right now, and I think McCullers is a perfect fit.. He's big, strong, and a perfect anchor for the 3-4.

I like the CB's you mentioned, but I don't think any of them would be an upgrade over Cortez or now Fuller. A definite upgrade over William Gay, but a #3 CB isn't worth our 3rd pick (4th round) IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of the clock...it doesn't appear that we're slated to pick today...NYG @ 13th spot in the 4th is the last time slot for today 9p-10p....but 4 picks are already in this morning so this could change if teams keep picking early.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I saw that... Hopefully we can get a pick in today. I'll keep a close eye on it throughout the day. My boss gave me the week off after the chaotic weekend that I just had.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of taking another CB, at least not for another couple rounds. IMO with this mock, I wouldn't take another CB because it would be better to take one with a comp pick in the real draft. NT/DE is our main priority right now, and I think McCullers is a perfect fit.. He's big, strong, and a perfect anchor for the 3-4.

I like the CB's you mentioned, but I don't think any of them would be an upgrade over Cortez or now Fuller. A definite upgrade over William Gay, but a #3 CB isn't worth our 3rd pick (4th round) IMO.

Don't blame you really...I wouldn't mind another CB later because we can't count on Gay much longer than this season. I've seen McCullers play several times.....your call, but I think he fits also.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McCullers but were you saying he's an end? Seems a little big to play end. He's a tall guy though which is ideal with the quick passing game and knocking down passes at the line. Especially as a 3-4 lineman where your main job is run support and not pash rushing.