• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"2014 Mock Draft - Steelers War Room"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago took Dennard... We got Ebron!

On to the 2nd round discussion!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For future reference, here are the "GM's" that are selecting for each team:

Last I knew this was the updated list of GM's for those wondering who is next...

PittsburghSteelers : Face-LeE-uS
Cleveland Browns : Arizona Sting
Cincinnati Bengals : DanBengalfan
Baltimore Ravens : gkekoa
New England Patriots : MrMoJoRisin63
Miami Dolphins : Jakology
New York Jets : I_am_1z
Buffalo Bills : cdumler7
Tennessee Titans : DK7000
Indianapolis Colts : sjballer03
Jacksonville Jaguars : CalamityX11
Houston Texans : Shanemansj13
San Diego Chargers : HizzleRocker
Denver Broncos : cdumler7
Oakland Raiders : flaraider
Kansas City Chiefs : NJBuckO's
Detroit Lions : Microwahevo
Chicago Bears : Smart
Green Bay Packers : tpaulus 2
Minnesota Vikings : Nos
New Orleans Saints : fearthepelicans
Atlanta Falcons : JohnnyDollaz89
Tampa Bay Buccaneers : HaroldSeattle
Carolina Panthers : purguy12
Dallas Cowboys : UK Cowboy
Washington Redskins : gkekoa
Philadelphia Eagles : Logicallylethal
New York Giants : SteelersPride
San Francisco 49ers : RoboticDreams
Seattle Seahawks : SonnyCID
St Louis Rams : Clayton
Arizona Cardinals : Davis Mike

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool!

Long way to go yet in round 1, but we can turn our focus to 37.

I don't think he'll make it but I'd like to keep Hageman in the pool. Other names just to refresh.

Pryor, FS, LOUISVILLE
Robertson, CB FL
Purifoy, CB FL
Fuller, CB ViTech
Shazier, OLB, Syr, if Worilds is not retained, this position will become a bigger need
Tuitt, DE, ND

FWIW...BPA of the top 32 players according to the CBS big board.

M. Evans, WR, TXAM
Martin, OT, ND
Lee, WR, USC
Nix, NT, ND
J. Gilbert, CB, OKST
A. Donald, DT PITT
Yankey, OG, STAN
D. Ford DE/OLB, AUB
Jerrigan, DT, FSU
Kouandjio, OT, AL
K. Benjamin, WR FSU

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool!

Long way to go yet in round 1, but we can turn our focus to 37.

I don't think he'll make it but I'd like to keep Hageman in the pool. Other names just to refresh.

Pryor, FS, LOUISVILLE
Robertson, CB FL
Purifoy, CB FL
Fuller, CB ViTech
Shazier, OLB, Syr, if Worilds is not retained, this position will become a bigger need
Tuitt, DE, ND

FWIW...BPA of the top 32 players according to the CBS big board.

M. Evans, WR, TXAM
Martin, OT, ND
Lee, WR, USC
Nix, NT, ND
J. Gilbert, CB, OKST
A. Donald, DT PITT
Yankey, OG, STAN
D. Ford DE/OLB, AUB
Jerrigan, DT, FSU
Kouandjio, OT, AL
K. Benjamin, WR FSU

Thanks for the refresher! What about Buchanon?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at ESPN's Scouts Inc draft info they have Buchannon as the 85th best prospect, seems like CB's get taken earlier than their rank, not sure about safties though, so late third seems like a better spot for him.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And am I missing something, but do the Steelers actually have the 37th pick, because that would be pick 2.5 and we should have pick 2.15 which would be 47 overall.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And am I missing something, but do the Steelers actually have the 37th pick, because that would be pick 2.5 and we should have pick 2.15 which would be 47 overall.

He meant 47th overall...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, was wondering.

Any thoughts on DL in the second? I know DB is a big need, but it seems there is cliff for CB and S that might have already gone over by pick 47.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we will have both positions in the discussion... I have my heart set on DB, but DL is definitely an option. State your case for certain players and try to sway opinions! :suds:

This area is more in ATL's corner... I don't know much about the DB's other than a few. He seems pretty set on the Florida CB's. But I have no opinion on the players, except for that I know PIT has a huge need for fresh legs back there.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we will have both positions in the discussion... I have my heart set on DB, but DL is definitely an option. State your case for certain players and try to sway opinions! :suds:

This area is more in ATL's corner... I don't know much about the DB's other than a few. He seems pretty set on the Florida CB's. But I have no opinion on the players, except for that I know PIT has a huge need for fresh legs back there.

Sure setting aside that DL is the position I understand the least, especially the 4-3 and 3-4 conversions, but Daquan Jones from PSU seems like someone who can fit in a 3-4 alignment at either position.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yea, after the Florida CB's, from what I am reading, is where the cliff happens. And after Pryor for Safties.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad...2.47, not 2.37...wishful thinking.

DL...I think we have to keep an eye on a few potential drops in addition to Hageman...Nix/Tuitt...I have to think GB would like a TE and Amaro or Seferian-Jenkins might be there...but, they might not re-sign FA Baji....I could see them or NE taking Nix, but if he slides, he could slide all the way to 47.

Aaron Donald could be a DE in the scheme I think...quick, like his shortish stature.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching Donald at Pitt, I'd love to see him on the Steelers, but I never got the impression his style was suited to a 3-4 front.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard NE and Tuitt are a perfect match.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the DL guys we've mentioned don't slide, there don't seem to be many fits after them...Jerrigan played a 4-3 DT...maybe he can play the DE spot...Aaron Donald looks as if he might be a good DE prospect.

CBs...well, my focus has been on the two FL boys...both have the size, good speed...they shut down the TN WRs (Patterson - MIN, & Hunter TN) who both went fairly high in the draft...played well vs Alshon Jeffery so they have faced NFL caliber talent. I think we would do well to get either one.

Fuller - ViTech, he's more physical...one of the few bright spots in the game vs AL that I saw.

McGill - the 6-3 kid from Utah had a good senior bowl.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yea, after the Florida CB's, from what I am reading, is where the cliff happens. And after Pryor for Safties.

I'm not sure about the CB's but for Safeties I know that there isn't much of a cliff... In terms of size & athletic ability, there are still 6-7 more candidates that fit the profile. Reynolds out of Stanford is likely to go in the 3rd. But I'm more talking about the SS's that can be converted to FS. There is still a lot of height on that board. But we could land any of them in the 3rd. Something to think about...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard NE and Tuitt are a perfect match.

I'm thinking with Wilfork going down they might lean towards Nix...but, with jail bird and Gronk's recent injury I could see them taking Seferian-Jenkins or Amaro also.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about the CB's but for Safeties I know that there isn't much of a cliff... In terms of size & athletic ability, there are still 6-7 more candidates that fit the profile. Reynolds out of Stanford is likely to go in the 3rd. But I'm more talking about the SS's that can be converted to FS. There is still a lot of height on that board. But we could land any of them in the 3rd. Something to think about...

Serious question because I'd like another source, but what site are you using for info?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm reading...it looks as if we'll go DL if Hageman/Tuitt/Nix fall to us, else we like the DBs from FL

I threw out a couple of more CBs...and Buchanon is an option. I agree with Face...S is deeper so I would put Buchanon on the back of the list if one of the CBs we like is there.