• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"2014 Mock Draft - Steelers War Room"

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really on the Amaro bandwagon, seems like a tradedown pick too.

I'm not a fan of either NT at 15, but I do like Clinton Dix.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Misk! Is there anyway to merge the other thread with this one?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hageman is a DT capable of DE... He's got good size and quickness.

I listed Amaro because I know ATL is a fan.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really on the Amaro bandwagon, seems like a tradedown pick too.

I'm not a fan of either NT at 15, but I do like Clinton Dix.

I'm not a huge fan of taking a S in the 1st round when there is plenty of depth to that position... We could easily land a 6'1" or 6'2" safety with great ball skills, awareness, tackling, etc... I've got my eyes set on Pryor out of Louisville

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fergot to mention Jernigan... FSU DT

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about a good tall wr ... ben would love that

Yea we could throw in discussion for

Benjamin
Evans

since they are the only top tier WR's with height. The rest are 6'0" and we have plenty of WR's with that size.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Benjamin... I would love to land that kid, but i still think the D-line needs the most help

Unless we moved McLendon to DE... Then we could land a big NT in the 2nd?

Thoughts?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of taking a S in the 1st round when there is plenty of depth to that position... We could easily land a 6'1" or 6'2" safety with great ball skills, awareness, tackling, etc... I've got my eyes set on Pryor out of Louisville

Agreed, I'm not keen on taking a safety that early either, but I've seen Pryor as a late first rounder. If he slips, yeah I'd love to get him in the second. Or if there is a trade down scenario to bunch picks in the late first early second that would be ideal.

I think they need a rangy guy too, Shamarko fills the small quick big hitter quotient, but they need at least a 6'1" guy. Two names I was looking at earlier Deonne Buchannon in the 4th and Ed Reynolds in the 6th/7th would be ok with me.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR seems pretty deep this year, Devante Adams interests me a lot. And if Sammy Watkins is still sitting there at 15, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

But second round Jordan Matthews and Allen Robinson I like. And third round Donte Moncreif.

I think the operative question is do you think the 'big' WR's are actually great WR's a la Calvin or AJ Green or just big guys who can play receiver? I'm not sure I'm in the camp that Adams/Benjamin are great WR's in the long, just huge bodies.

If you just want a big guy who can play receiver, seems like someone like Cody Latimer, Brandon Coleman, Martavis Bryant in the 4-6 rounds would be a better allocation of resources.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Benjamin... I would love to land that kid, but i still think the D-line needs the most help

Unless we moved McLendon to DE... Then we could land a big NT in the 2nd?

Thoughts?

I've been interested in the guy, seems like the measurables of Hampton, probably there in the 4th-6th.

Justin Ellis DT 6'1⅞" 342 Louisiana Tech

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The names I like the most @ 15.

Ebron
Evans
Benjamin
Hageman
Mosley
Mack

@37

Robertson, CB FL
Purifoy, CB FL
Seferian-Jenkins, TE WAS
Robertson, WR PSU
Dee Ford, OLB AUB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you on here ATL! Enjoyin the snow? Or is it still just raining?

I'm thinking that we should go D-lineman then DB. Unless someone wants to convince me otherwise?

I could go for big TE or WR then D-lineman... Hard to say

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick I like DL in the first then WR/TE in the second.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR seems pretty deep this year, Devante Adams interests me a lot. And if Sammy Watkins is still sitting there at 15, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

But second round Jordan Matthews and Allen Robinson I like. And third round Donte Moncreif.

I think the operative question is do you think the 'big' WR's are actually great WR's a la Calvin or AJ Green or just big guys who can play receiver? I'm not sure I'm in the camp that Adams/Benjamin are great WR's in the long, just huge bodies.

If you just want a big guy who can play receiver, seems like someone like Cody Latimer, Brandon Coleman, Martavis Bryant in the 4-6 rounds would be a better allocation of resources.

Watkins scares me, and excites me at the same time...not a blazer but quick and shifty...will be a good RAC player imo, good early ROTY pick on the right team.

My fear is @ 6'-1", he plays a little smaller than that...meaning he's not a go up and get it type WR, I think he'll be good 20 to 20, may not be a good RZ player...slotted him on the roster I think he would be the #2 and Wheaton the slot...unless Moye or Paulson takes another step I don't think that's enough firepower in the RZ...I would rather Ebron, or Evans at 15.

Big WR...jmho...we have A Brown underneath, crossing patterns, screens, etc...the bigger athletic guy that his physical enough to play inside the hash marks to be a big target (like Boldin was for BAL), but can also go deep to keep the FS from cheating, and finally be another big target in the RZ.

Evans...I agree with the critics that say he's whatever, essentially he's not a complete player yet.

Ebron...I think he creates mismatches in the same way that Gronk does...he can split wide, in the slot, and in tight...if Haley is flexible enough to use the talent, he would be an impact player next year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points ATL, I happen to like Watkins especially, but I understand your points.

I put Ebron in a different class because of position and he has very good ball skills, and I'm on board with him at 15 if that is the consensus.

As for WR in general, I'm still against most of the huge guys Evans/Benjamin and the like. But if I had to pick a WR as my second target it would Devante Adams 6-2 210, although he probably a reach at 15 and not likely to be around in the second round.

For the actual second rounders, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews would be the best allocation of resources IMO, since they big 6-2 to 6-3 and 210 pounds and have good balls skills in tight spaces. I think Tomlin likes to call them battle catchess, a la Bolden.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyway I'm getting interested in this Hageman guy. Anyway he can play both spots on the D-line depending on down? I think that could solve the 'do you want to spend a first round pick on a guy that only plays one down dilemma?'

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you on here ATL! Enjoyin the snow? Or is it still just raining?

I'm thinking that we should go D-lineman then DB. Unless someone wants to convince me otherwise?

I could go for big TE or WR then D-lineman... Hard to say

I got off early...home already...snowing early, now more of a mix, roads not cold enough for it to stick...the heavier stuff and colder temps is supposed to be tonight so I likely working a bit from home tomorrow.

I'm for Ebron @ 15...of the names I've seen floated around I think we would get the most impact there next year....the only DL guys that really excite me are Clowney, not our system, will be gone...Barr, ditto, Mack, I could pick him if we knew we were losing Worilds. Hageman...I would take him, but Idk if he's going to be a big impact player next season.

Nix/Tuitt...I think NT is a need, but not big enough for 15 and the player concerns me with multiple knee injuries...Tuitt I like less than Hageman, but he's probably better than Hood...again I would leave Ebron on the board...a NT I would target is the Ark St. Carruethers in the 4 to 7 range.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points ATL, I happen to like Watkins especially, but I understand your points.

I put Ebron in a different class because of position and he has very good ball skills, and I'm on board with him at 15 if that is the consensus.

As for WR in general, I'm still against most of the huge guys Evans/Benjamin and the like. But if I had to pick a WR as my second target it would Devante Adams 6-2 210, although he probably a reach at 15 and not likely to be around in the second round.

For the actual second rounders, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews would be the best allocation of resources IMO, since they big 6-2 to 6-3 and 210 pounds and have good balls skills in tight spaces. I think Tomlin likes to call them battle catchess, a la Bolden.

Just looking the potential production...Ebron I like most...if the consensus is DEF, I'm fine with a Robinson or Matthew in the 2nd...agree they would be better ROI than Evans or Benjamin @ 15.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we honing in on Ebron, Hageman, who else for 15?