• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Masters Tournament

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother in law is going to the practice round today and is swinging over to the gift shop to pick me up some goodies :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote from Justin Rose on what the course looks like now after the ice storms; dead trees, no flowers etc. What a shame. The iconic beauty beauty of the course, in my opinion, is half of the allure of the tournament

In an interview with Golf Magazine, Justin Rose said he’s been hearing reports of “shredded” and dead-looking trees at Augusta National, which will host the Masters in two weeks.

“Peter Hanson went a couple days ago,” said Rose, who was scheduled for a wheels-up time of 8:15 a.m. Thursday for an early look at the course. ”He said you won’t recognize it. He said the ice storm has shredded all the leaves from all the trees. He said from the eleventh hole you could see all the way to the clubhouse. Apparently all the trees look dead. It’s a bit of a shame.”

The course suffered from devastating ice storm in February, which so damaged its iconic Eisenhower Tree, a huge loblolly pine that once towered over the 17th hole, officials had no choice but to chop it down

There was an add on to that story...Rose was restating what another player said. After actually playing a practice round there a couple weeks ago and said it was a big exaggeration...definitely some trees down including the Eisenhower pine, but nothing like the earlier report.

From Golfweek writer, Jim McCabe this week.

"As is normal, the fairways and greens at Augusta National are in pristine condition. Here, Billy Horschel walks up the 10th fairway. The only difference seen on Sunday is the lack of a few trees across the course, victims of a February ice storm."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it, Thurs thru Sun...we're going to be having cool mornings...low 50s with highs in the 70s and so far no rain until Monday.

We just came off off a serious drenching that ended yesterday. Not sure how much rain AN received but it was pretty wide spread...I still think a long hitter will win it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an add on to that story...Rose was restating what another player said. After actually playing a practice round there a couple weeks ago and said it was a big exaggeration...definitely some trees down including the Eisenhower pine, but nothing like the earlier report.

From Golfweek writer, Jim McCabe this week.

"As is normal, the fairways and greens at Augusta National are in pristine condition. Here, Billy Horschel walks up the 10th fairway. The only difference seen on Sunday is the lack of a few trees across the course, victims of a February ice storm."

Yep, it looked pretty much the same to me on "Live From the Masters" last night.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Perfect... They are all... perfect..."

[Katsumoto...With his dying breath. From the movie The Last Samurai]

got a call yesterday...one of those "geez, if only" kinda calls...buddy had an extra ticket for today's practice round...did I want to do it?

der.

Hung out at Ike's Pond most of the day...watching gods playing in heaven.
Talked to one of the "volunteers" lugging trash about...turns out he's the retired CEO of a bigass US corporation...shoulda seen the gleam in his eye when he talked about getting to play his free round after the tourney...

wow.

watching gods play in heaven is one thing...getting to play the National is a huge step higher.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would love to see day, oosthuizen, or fowler win it this year

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that I have reached Bronze Silver & Gold course mastery @ Augusta and the Par 3 course on TW the Masters 2012 on xbox.

I wish I could play golf in real life as I do in that game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would love to see day, oosthuizen, or fowler win it this year

Now that you have said that.

Lets make our picks (3 players) for the 2014 Masters Champion.

My long shot is Billy Horschel ....I think it's his first time

Jason Day (he says his thumb is good)

Jason Dufner

I really wanted to pick Rory but I don't think he is steady enough right now to play well for 4 rounds.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 3...long shot, McDowell...agree with you on Day, 3rd, Rose.

Chilly morning to start...but no wind at least over here...should be warming up nicely for the afternoon guys. Should be fairly soft course, but it's got to play long...I would be shocked if a shorter hitter wins.

I do like Rory's game, but not sure if he's got this course solved.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuchar
Mickleson
Snedeker

....and Ryan Moore won the par three tourney so I guess we can count him out!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickelson, just needs to hang around...scoring might be low...Webb is -3 thru 3 holes...boy Horschel needs to settle down, could shoot himself out of it today.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the par 3 winner never having won the tournament proper to be one of the most peculiar records in sports. Wouldn't you have thought that just once, it would have happened?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its finally here!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuchar
Mickleson
Snedeker

....and Ryan Moore won the par three tourney so I guess we can count him out!

I'm going with Cabrera only because I just love the guy's attitude. He's the old style swashbuckling, chain-smoking, hard-drinking throw back to the old days. I don't think a swing thought has ever gone through this guy's head. He just sets up and hits it.

He only has two PGA wins but they are the Masters and the U.S. Open, the two most prestigious tournaments in the world.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't looked at any scores yet - but I like Sergio this week.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't looked at any scores yet - but I like Sergio this week.

Ol' Fred Couples is right there near the top at -2. He always fades because of his putting but I love watching the old guy hang with the kids as long as he can.