• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 football season thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to cya back IB!!!

Go Dawgs!!!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Good to be back!

mamba said he got me reinstated to the main board, but I still have no access. Hammer may have reeled him in on that one lol...

Would be good to get back there before the season starts though. Unless you guys want to transfer all my season picks to the pac thread. :whistle:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Good to be back!

mamba said he got me reinstated to the main board, but I still have no access. Hammer may have reeled him in on that one lol...

Would be good to get back there before the season starts though. Unless you guys want to transfer all my season picks to the pac thread. :whistle:

Not back more then 24 hrs and already asking for favors,:L

Whats the price your offering for handlers fee's???:noidea:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wine and women?

or

Whine and cheese.

I got plenty of them all so it's your choice!

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be starting the weekly PAC pickum in the PAC thread at the college general page. First odds should be posted around Monday. First PAC game is Thursday so get those picks in on time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies morning links: UW offering a new cheap ticket option (with beer!) | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times
They’re calling it The Off-Leash Deck, and it sounds like it could be fun (cheap tickets, beer and wine — what could be better!?). One request: Even while your off-leash, please clean up after yourselves.

Indeed, for $25 fans can attend a game at Husky Stadium and stand on the northwest deck between the Don James Center and the coaches’ offices. It’s a new ticket option announced Wednesday that also includes beer, wine and snacks for purchase for fans on that deck. Tickets can be used for admission to the game or in addition to an existing ticket. For details, call 206-543-2200.

ffs, quit pussyfooting around it and just open up beer/wine sales for all seats except the student section and be done with it. Honestly, 'The Zone' is the worst thing that ever happened to gameday there. Guarantees a ton of fans won't be back in their seats until half way through the 3rd at the earliest.

Happy for those that get to drink now in the club sections and this new standing room only deck, but come on man.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies morning links: UW offering a new cheap ticket option (with beer!) | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

ffs, quit pussyfooting around it and just open up beer/wine sales for all seats except the student section and be done with it. Honestly, 'The Zone' is the worst thing that ever happened to gameday there. Guarantees a ton of fans won't be back in their seats until half way through the 3rd at the earliest.

Happy for those that get to drink now in the club sections and this new standing room only deck, but come on man.

Well you can see that there trying really hard to control the area's of where people might be drunk at, I'm sure they want to keep a family environment, and it's a good thing, I love taken my kids up there, I don't want some drunk fan puking or swearing a lot around my kids, ( takes the fun out of the game) we see enough of that at Safeco.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can see that there trying really hard to control the area's of where people might be drunk at, I'm sure they want to keep a family environment, and it's a good thing, I love taken my kids up there, I don't want some drunk fan puking or swearing a lot around my kids, ( takes the fun out of the game) we see enough of that at Safeco.....

So you didn't see dozens of empty bottles on the backs of the toilets at the old stadium and you don't see all the drunks around you even now? Hell, when I'm not with my daughter (only 12) I'm fairly buzzed before I go in with all the stuff we do at the tailgate, but I don't bother to go back for more at half time because I'm serious about my football. Pretty much everyone else in our tailgate does go back and drink more at the half and so do at least a few thousand others that line up around 'the zone'.

The drunks are already there. Quite a few people in my section sneak in booze and it's not that hard to do. When they sneak it in it tends to be hard liquor which makes for even worse assholes than someone drinking overpriced stadium beer.

I'd rather see them deal with the idiots and have a packed stadium at the start of the 3rd quarter. Nothing pisses me off more than a half empty stadium in a big game. Doesn't bother me much against bad teams, but when you are playing Oregon, Stanford, or the other good teams and you can't get half of your fans back until 10mins into the quarter something is really really wrong.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't see dozens of empty bottles on the backs of the toilets at the old stadium and you don't see all the drunks around you even now? Hell, when I'm not with my daughter (only 12) I'm fairly buzzed before I go in with all the stuff we do at the tailgate, but I don't bother to go back for more at half time because I'm serious about my football. Pretty much everyone else in our tailgate does go back and drink more at the half and so do at least a few thousand others that line up around 'the zone'.

The drunks are already there. Quite a few people in my section sneak in booze and it's not that hard to do. When they sneak it in it tends to be hard liquor which makes for even worse assholes than someone drinking overpriced stadium beer.

I'd rather see them deal with the idiots and have a packed stadium at the start of the 3rd quarter. Nothing pisses me off more than a half empty stadium in a big game. Doesn't bother me much against bad teams, but when you are playing Oregon, Stanford, or the other good teams and you can't get half of your fans back until 10mins into the quarter something is really really wrong.

No I've seen some folks hammered there, and the smell of whiskey is sometimes in the air on a cold day, and yes it's easy to smuggle a nice adult beverage into the stadium,:whistle:

Even if they served booze through out the stadium I still think you would have the tailgaters back out in the parklot, eating at halftime or drinking, I don't see that changing...

And yes your 1000% correct it does empty out sections until the middle of the 3rd quarter, but I also believe that's gonna change with level of play that were now gonna see at Husky stadium...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The half time empty out happened at every big game last year too. Fans are going to drink and when you offer it to them near the stadium and make them line up to get it they are going to go do it no matter what the game is.

There are more stadiums this year going to serving beer at their stadiums. They are finding everywhere that controlling it is better than letting fans sneak in even worse stuff. You can't eliminate it so why not own it? Worried about under aged coeds drinking? It happens already and won't change either way.

In my experience at Husky stadium over the years people who become assholes are quickly removed. Fans don't put up with it like they do at Seahawk games. They just don't.

If we are allowing everyone that has ID to buy beer at the games now, only we are making them walk a long ways to get it, what harm is there in making it available closer to their seats?

You watch, that upper deck with be less than half full at the start of the 3rd quarter for the Stanford game. Not as much in the lower seats as they walk a lot less, but those upper decks are an embarrassment in the 3rd.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

In a press release early Saturday afternoon, Washington announced that tight end Derrick Brown has been indefinitely suspended from the football team by head coach Chris Petersen for violating unspecified team rules. Additionally, defensive back Devon Washington has been dismissed from the football program for the same vague reason.

UW did state in the release that, “to be clear, the disciplinary measures issued to Brown and Washington are the result of two unrelated matters.”

Brown is the only one of the two who had played for the Huskies, and that was just four contests the past three seasons. A three-star member of UW’s 2011 recruiting class, Brown originally came to the Huskies as a dual-threat quarterback. After throwing five passes his first two seasons, he moved to H-back during the start of summer camp in 2013. Prior to his suspension, he wasn’t listed on any two-deep depth charts.

As for Washington, he was a three-star member of UW’s most recent recruiting class.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good. Maybe that helps hammer home the point that this isn't the wide open Sark staff anymore. Comport yourselves and represent the university with pride and class or get the fuck out. This isn't Eugene.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies practiced at Century Link field today. Nice mojo after the beatdown of the Bears by the Seahawks last night. :suds:

BvwgqQzCIAEqU2-.jpg

BvwbHmOCMAATzY_.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the depth charts released today, Budda Baker has been named the starting FS for the Hawaii game.

WR Jaydon Mickens on Baker: "I've never seen a freshman come in and grasp the playbook so well."

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the depth charts released today, Budda Baker has been named the starting FS for the Hawaii game.

WR Jaydon Mickens on Baker: "I've never seen a freshman come in and grasp the playbook so well."

I hope this kid comes out on fire....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. I hope he turns out to be a mean, nasty, hard hitting safety that causes fear in receivers, in the model of Ronnie.

Smash'em up Budda!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspense is killin me!

Plus I got a little debate with myself going on, do I smoke a rack of ribs for the game, or straight up nachos???