• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 - 15 College / Eagles Draft Talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinney's the rawest out of the 3, but as his overall game matures he could become a monster in the middle. I have a feeling he's going to post a good combine as well ... probably run in the 4.6's at 250+ lbs and probably post a good vertical. The part of his game that worries me is when he has to reverse field, he's not a guy who's likely ever going to be good in coverage where he needs to stay with a TE. Kendricks is your best "overall" player right now just because he has a bit of an edge in pass coverage over Perryman. I like Perryman's aggressiveness and instincts though ... the dude is usually in the right place and can chase ball carriers down. I don't think we'll get any of the 3 unless we take one at 20 or move from our current spots. I don't see any of these 3 still being available at our current Rd 2 spot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Kendricks will be there when our second rounder rolls around. The Kendricks brothers at LB would be pretty amusing for sure.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if Chip doesn't move up for MM, he is looking at Hundley. He knows Hundley from when he tried to recruit him to Oregon. Just a hunch. The question would be - can he get Hundley in the 2nd round, or will he be a late 1st round pick? It will be interesting to see how he does next week at the combine. No saying that I would draft Hundley in the 1st, but just have a suspicion that this could happen. If chip doesn't get MM, then i would pick the BPAs in areas of need, and then grab Grayson or Bennett later, to develop them.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley is so raw as a passer. I wouldn't be thrilled with him as a 1st round pick, but it's going to be Chipsters call. This might be a Mariota or bust type of draft lol.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley is so raw as a passer. I wouldn't be thrilled with him as a 1st round pick, but it's going to be Chipsters call. This might be a Mariota or bust type of draft lol.

That's going to be a boring ass draft weekend if we just trade all our picks for Mariota.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could find a way to get Mariota without getting bent backwards I'd be pumped to have him as an Eagle, regardless if the rest of the draft is relatively boring due to lack of picks to make that trade happen.

I wonder what it would take to make it happen. It's still early in the process but it seems like Bucs are leaning towards Winston.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Worilds, Maxwell, McCourty, and Wisniewski/Iupati, in free agency.
Give up Foles, 2015 #1, 2016 #1, and #3rd rd picks this year and next, to get MM.
Draft the best available: Perryman, Kendricks, or McKinney, in the 2nd rd.
The best avail Wr in the 4th Rd. Draft for depth in OL.

Offseason goals accomplished.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be a boring ass draft weekend if we just trade all our picks for Mariota.

I wonder if Andy would give us #18 for Foles and our 3rd rd pick....if we had 18 and 20 that is 1750 according to the trade value chart that puts us up to the Raider pick at #4.

If the Rams really like Foles like they say they do they may give us #10 for Foles(equal to a 2nd round) and a 1st rd pick next year..... and that would give us picks #10 and #20 in rd 1 which puts us about 2150....I don't think this trade is as far fetched as some may think. That puts us in the ballpark where the Titans are at 2.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Foles, McCoy and Curry on the trade block. Not saying they will be dealt, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if some of those guys aren't on the team in the next couple months.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called Winston to the Bucs when they got the #1 pick. It looks more & more like I was right as we get closer to the draft.

Chip will go after Mariota. Been saying this as well. Probably trade with Raiders. Dont see McCoy as part of deal as much as some want him gone. Probably #1, #3, #4, Curry or maybe even Boykin & #1 next year or something similar.

Then send Foles to Houston for a #2 or #3.

Still could have a good quality draft.

1 -----------------MAriota
2 ??? -------------CB, ILB or OG
2 or 3 For FOles---CB, ILB or OG
4 from Bills --------CB, ILB or OG

Get CB MAxwell & S A.Rolle in free agency & we are cookin'!

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Rolle getting a little long in the tooth, and is he really that good? I think there are better options.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overthecap.com has us at 21 million in cap space.
Possible Cuts:
Todd Herremans
Cary Williams
Demeco Ryans or pay cut
Trent Cole
James Casey
Cap space now (If Ryans doesn't take a pay cut): 44 million

We'll have a good amount to spend in FA and I think they need to attack that hard, especially if they're sold on going hard after Mariota.

I'd go after players like Worilds, Maxwell, Stefen Wisniewski and then target one of Tramon Williams/Davon House. One of Da'Norris Searcy/Rahim Moore. Worilds and Maxwell will be the high priced guys. With players like Wis/Tramon/Searcy we could be looking around 4-5mill per year.

Would need to re-sign Jmac too. Another reason why I think McCoy could be traded, that extra 10mill in space space sure would be nice.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anybody be surprised if Chip trades their pick to move back for an additional pick. Everyone is talking about moving up. I wouldn't mind moving this pick to get additional picks. More picks we can add some much needed depth in some positions. We can fill some voids via FA. I wouldn't mind drafting a speedy WR like Devin Smith in the 2nd round. That should help Foles stretch the field again. Draft OL, safety, ILB. I'd be curious if the Dolphins would trade Jordan at this point and what the cost would be? So many things the Eagles can do here. The MM thing is quite exhausting at this point.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure is, but will increase in intensity until April 30th, IMO.
I have mixed feelings - I would love to get MM, but if it can't be done without giving up the future, then get everything else we need, and draft Hundley, Grayson, or Bennett, to groom behind Foles. It seems that most think Chip will get the guy he wants though.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always expect the unexpected ... so nothing would really surprise me. For example I'd be cool with trading back into the early 2nd and grabbing one of the top 3 ILB'ers while snagging an extra 3rd rounder.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MM is out of reach and the board is depleted at #20..I'm all for a trade back, that might even be my ideal scenario if we can't reach MM. A trade down to snag Kendricks or Perryman would be a good start.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that, if we can't get MM. That way we can draft a QB of the future - Grayson or Bennett in the mid rounds. If we trade back then we may go OL if we don't grab one in FA.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Bleacher Report has the Eagles taking Landon Collins, S; and Denzel Perryman, ILB, in the 1st 2 rounds. That should make us happy if that happens, of course it is way to early to give any credence to any mocks until after the combine and Free Agency. Interesting though.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Bleacher Report has the Eagles taking Landon Collins, S; and Denzel Perryman, ILB, in the 1st 2 rounds. That should make us happy if that happens, of course it is way to early to give any credence to any mocks until after the combine and Free Agency. Interesting though.
I'd dance a Fuckin Jig!!!:yahoo: